LEE RIGBY HOUSE

Violet1956

We've been chatting from time to time about services for forces veterans. A post has just come up on my facebook feed where a chap called Keith Lawson is asking for help finishing a house for bereaved families of ex-servicemen it reads:-

"So today I drove up to Staffordshire to Lee Rigby House to measure for 27 sets of blinds which I will supply and fit free of charge. It broke my heart to see only 3 people on site struggling to get the place finished. They need to open in September and have bookings already for bereaved familys who have lost loved ones in conflict. If anyone can offer labour - they need tilers, bathroom fitters, landscapers, decorators and labourers. If you or anyone you know can help please call me 07811 143793 and I will put you in touch with the trustees. Thank you.x

Please feel free to share."

It occured to me that some people on the forum may have the skills and the time to lend a hand together with ready access to temp accommodation in the form of their beloved MH.

(note to DaveP they don't seem to be asking for pelmets but your skills might come in handy eh?

:-) )

Veronica

nowtelse2do - 2017-06-23 9:34 AM

He made pouffes also Veronica, and Antony is a roofer, so a good start a roofer and a pouffer. Paul (bulletguy) made bullet's and lives up that way, he might give it a shot.

It would be interesting watching those three working together...lol

Dave

Oooh Yeah, I'd pay good money to see that! :D Im hopeless but I can walk around with a hard hat and clipboard looking important.

Barryd999 - 2017-06-23 10:23 AM

He made pouffes also Veronica, and Antony is a roofer, so a good start a roofer and a pouffer. Paul (bulletguy) made bullet's and lives up that way, he might give it a shot.

Dave

Oooh Yeah, I'd pay good money to see that! :D Im hopeless but I can walk around with a hard hat and clipboard looking important.

I'd take a bet on them having someone like that on site already Barry. I could walk around annoying everyone by looking up and reciting what EU rules they might not be following and perhaps you could bring your guitar and lead us all in singing Kumbaya

Veronica ;-)

Violet1956 - 2017-06-23 10:35 AM

. I could walk around annoying everyone by looking up and reciting what EU rules they might not be following

Veronica ;-)

Could have done with someone like that at the Royal Tory Borough responsible for Grenfell Tower :-(

Paul (bulletguy) made bullet's and lives up that way, he might give it a shot.

Dave

Appreciate the humour Dave! I made millions of the damn things but left the firing of "live" rounds to my lad! He lost one of his mates in a tank breech explosion.....an extremely rare occurrence but when something like that happens there's nothing left. Horrible.

It seems the house is in the Staffs Moorlands area, better known as Peak District. Here is an article from the local newspaper;

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/mother-of-murdered-fusilier-lee-rigby-builds-north-staffordshire-retreat-for-bereaved-families/story-30027562-detail/story.html

Facebook site;

https://www.facebook.com/theleerigbyfoundation/

And apparently "hundreds of volunteers" already contacted the site;

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-40382026

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2017-06-23 9:05 AM

(note to DaveP they don't seem to be asking for pelmets but your skills might come in handy eh?

:-) )

Veronica

DaveP is currently working his gonads off trying to make his own hovel acceptable for tenants before the council up's his rates by 50% for having a empty property for more than 18 months >:-( .......

Then I'll have to start on the MIL's bungalow to get it ready for rental to help cover the £800 a week care home charges 8-) ........

So currently my skills are more than being used, and they're not being paid for either :'( ......

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-06-23 9:16 PM

pelmetman - 2017-06-23 7:13 PM

DaveP is currently

doing the work of 2 men.

Unfortunately those 2 men are Laurel and Hardy :-S

I wish I was......... I'd be worth millions and could get someone else to grout our downstairs bog floor ;-) ........

• 1 month later...
nowtelse2do - 2017-06-23 9:38 AM

John52 - 2017-06-23 9:26 AM

If it was open for everyone based on their need I would

You stay where you are John, you might become part of the foundations.

Dave

(lol) probably would yes ;-)

But seriously I am concerned about all these charities that only help exclusive groups - the young, the old, women, armed forces etc. I realise they are all worthy causes. But they must make it harder for those in greater need who fall outside their exclusive groups.

As far as I can see something really charitable would be Inclusive not Exclusive.

Open to everyone based on need

Irrespective of where they used to work.

Archived