MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY!!!......

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-03-12 4:58 PM

Who knows? There are even rumours of not only a Brexit extension but a snap general election! Blimey! What if that mad prophecy I had about Corbyn running the country before Brexit is delivered comes true? (lol) Sleep well Dave. :D

Actually I'm up for an election B-) .........

I doubt they could arrange one in 17 days ......AND .......I doubt the EU can get 27 other countries to allow us to have a delay just for an election >:-) .......

Sweet dreams Barry :D ........

pelmetman - 2019-03-12 5:08 PM

Who knows? There are even rumours of not only a Brexit extension but a snap general election! Blimey! What if that mad prophecy I had about Corbyn running the country before Brexit is delivered comes true? (lol) Sleep well Dave. :D

I doubt they could arrange one in 17 days ......AND .......I doubt the EU can get 27 other countries to allow us to have a delay just for an election >:-) .......

A general election was one of the accepted reasons the EU would allow for an extension as would be another referendum or probably movement on the red lines towards a softer Brexit.

When her deal gets blown away again there is a good chance it will lead to one of the above.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-03-12 7:07 PM

A general election was one of the accepted reasons the EU would allow for an extension as would be another referendum or probably movement on the red lines towards a softer Brexit.

When her deal gets blown away again there is a good chance it will lead to one of the above.

Really? ;-) ..............accepted by the 27 other nations :D .........perhaps you could provide a link? >:-) ......

pelmetman - 2019-03-12 7:14 PM

Really? ;-) ..............accepted by the 27 other nations :D .........perhaps you could provide a link? >:-) ......

G

You are overlooking the option of A50 being withdrawn and not extended. You don't need 27 nations agreement for that.

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-03-12 7:26 PM

G

You are overlooking the option of A50 being withdrawn and not extended. You don't need 27 nations agreement for that.

Good luck to any MP's who vote for that at the next election >:-) .........

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2019-03-12 7:48 PM

Elmar Brok a prominent MEP speaking on Sky now saying no deal is really the only way forward ... Extending beyond the May elections not a possibility ... Gotta be a no deal

The pounds dropping ;-) ..........That's a good sign B-) .........

Provide a link? FFS! Have you not been following this for how ever many years it is now? The EU have been pretty clear on offering us an extension for a valid reason.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-03-12 10:01 PM

Provide a link? FFS! Have you not been following this for how ever many years it is now? The EU have been pretty clear on offering us an extension for a valid reason.

I guess it depends on whether 27 other countries are prepared to drag out Brexit for months ;-) .........

As its pretty obvious the UK hasn't changed its mind........Even though the majority of our MP's are unable to accept that FACT *-) ...........

So will those 27 countries think that delaying the inevitable is a VALID reason? >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-03-13 7:44 AM

I guess it depends on whether 27 other countries are prepared to drag out Brexit for months ;-) .........

As its pretty obvious the UK hasn't changed its mind........Even though the majority of our MP's are unable to accept that FACT *-) ...........

So will those 27 countries think that delaying the inevitable is a VALID reason? >:-) ........

Interesting clip from Newsnight.

If no deal goes down today and if the Spelman amendment goes through then officially no deal is off the table. If no extension granted then May might be forced to revoke article 50. She will vote to take no deal off the table today. She will probably try and get her deal through one more time but if there is no extension and no deal is voted down and her deal is once again rejected her only option will be to revoke or call another ref.

If your so confident that nobody has changed their minds then your only hope of saving any kind of Brexit might be a peoples vote but likely the option for leave will not include no deal.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-03-13 10:22 AM

If no deal goes down today and if the Spelman amendment goes through then officially no deal is off the table. If no extension granted then May might be forced to revoke article 50. She will vote to take no deal off the table today. She will probably try and get her deal through one more time but if there is no extension and no deal is voted down and her deal is once again rejected her only option will be to revoke or call another ref.

If your so confident that nobody has changed their minds then your only hope of saving any kind of Brexit might be a peoples vote but likely the option for leave will not include no deal.

Or an election with a proper Brexiteer in charge of the Tories B-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-03-13 10:30 AM

You assuming the Tories will win of course. Dont go quoting poll figures either as last time Labour were much further behind than they are now.

Lets say there is one and you get an ERG Headbanger in as PM how does that change the arithmetic in Parliament? Lets see what unfolds this week.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-03-13 1:02 PM

You assuming the Tories will win of course. Dont go quoting poll figures either as last time Labour were much further behind than they are now.

Lets say there is one and you get an ERG Headbanger in as PM how does that change the arithmetic in Parliament? Lets see what unfolds this week.

If Labour wins then the country will get to taste a true economic meltdown that will make Brexit look like a financial Nirvana >:-) ..........

Fortunately I've got my escape route pre planned :D ...........

It'll be adios amigos, I hope you enjoy Corbyn's New Venezuela ;-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-03-15 8:49 AM

If Labour wins then the country will get to taste a true economic meltdown that will make Brexit look like a financial Nirvana >:-) ..........

Oh yeah? Escape route? Where you gonna go? If Corbyn gets in and turns out to be as bad as you say he will be (although its hard do imagine anyone could be worse than this government) it will be all your fault he got in. Brexit and the Tory hash of it will have let him in. Your not going anywhere. You can stay and face the music.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-03-15 2:51 PM

pelmetman - 2019-03-15 8:49 AM

Oh yeah? Escape route? Where you gonna go? If Corbyn gets in and turns out to be as bad as you say he will be (although its hard do imagine anyone could be worse than this government) it will be all your fault he got in. Brexit and the Tory hash of it will have let him in. Your not going anywhere. You can stay and face the music.

Wanna bet? :D ..........

I think Labour could win the next elections if they remove all the poor MPs and keep the good ones, they'd also have to get a far better leader,

however I don't know if even a good leader could run a country with only half a dozen MPs.

I know Mrs M is struggling with the few decent MPs she has

Archived