MMM Membership Card

Guest starspirit

Guest starspirit

Is it me?

Or is this card and waffle the finest ever example of nothing for nothing?

I can't see a single advantage in this totally pointless example of the wasting resources as it offers absolutely nothing that is not already available without it.

So straight through the shredder with the lot of it - and a very satisfying noise it made too.

Ah - I feel better already.

So much anger and aggresion in your postings of late Richard and it sounds as if you have come to that time of life where its time to take stock of what you have achieved so far, what you still hope to achieve, and what the future holds for you.

Thinning hair, putting on weight, loose teeth and problems down below don,t help, and its that awful realisation that women are nice to you because they don,t see you as a threat or a challenge any more, and I hope i,m able to handle it better when it happens to me .

I don,t see much use for this card either, but i,ll go along with Mel and hang on to my card just in case.

Keep your pecker up old timer, and i,m always here if you need cheering up.

I've been wondering about this too (the MMM card, not the effects of ageing on sex-appeal - for once I'm staying on thread!!!)

Have I missed something, or are all the benefits of "membership" the same as the benefits of subscription?

And will the special pages of discount offers only be in MEMBERS' copies of MMM, or will they also be in the ones at the supermarket or newsagent?

I wait with bated breath ....

Tony

Its when you realise they are only humouring you Chas, thats the devastating part.

Still trying to figure out the benifits of this membership card as all the discounts and what have you were available before if you looked. Maybe just a customer relation wheeze. Pity Dave did,nt get one. *-)

Guest starspirit
howie - 2007-02-19 11:20 PM

So much anger and aggresion in your postings of late Richard and it sounds as if you have come to that time of life where its time to take stock of what you have achieved so far, what you still hope to achieve, and what the future holds for you.

Thinning hair, putting on weight, loose teeth and problems down below don,t help, and its that awful realisation that women are nice to you because they don,t see you as a threat or a challenge any more, and I hope i,m able to handle it better when it happens to me .

I don,t see much use for this card either, but i,ll go along with Mel and hang on to my card just in case.

Keep your pecker up old timer, and i,m always here if you need cheering up.

Thanks Howie! You mis read me - thats not anger - very little makes me angry and, to quote the green man, you might not like me when I'm angry!

For the record I am happy with what I have achieved and I have nothing left to prove either to myself or to anyone else.

Sure, my life took an unexpected twist a while back but it is now back on course and with plenty of hair, all my original teeth and no problems down below I just have the bit of extra girth that comes from a contented lifestyle to contend with.

I think and sincerely hope that no woman has never seen me as a threat or a challenge Howie, and I have no difficulty in just being friends with any lady without the often stereotypical male problem of misinterpreting friendship and expecting more.

Not so much of the old timer Howie if you don't mind and my pecker is still just about capable of keeping itself up thanks!

Take care and thanks for your concerns.

we have been reading all your comments with much mirth and we have also received our card and it did come in useful yesterday when we had to ring MMM to inform them thant our mail is going to the wrong place so it is a handy card, big brother is watching us and they had all our details on record just with the quoting of the membership number. times are a changing guys!!!

tricia and terry

starspirit - 2007-02-20 11:36 AM At least MMM is not yet in the Tesco league of spy masters.

If Warners read all the posts on this forum I'd say they know far more than Tesco!  All that soul bearing: wherever would Tesco get that - unless of course Tesco contribute under a pseudonym? 

Now I've had that worrying thought, though, I do just wonder if we should ask Warners to promise, faithfully, never to let Tesco in?

Paranoid?  Qui? Moi?

starspirit - 2007-02-20 11:13 AM

.. .... You mis read me - thats not anger - very little makes me angry and, to quote the green man, you might not like me when I'm angry!

. .. .. .

The green man is who you may not like when he's angry, that's much too long a phrase for him to say ........ mild mannered Dr Banner is the wimp :-> with the threatening phrase

B-)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldn't quite see the purpose of the card! I am intrigued by the expiry date - in my case 27/02/2008 - not sure how they calculate this! Perhaps it means they'll give us a better discount on our subscription on renewal! I certainly can't spot anything obvious on the list of 'benefits' which I didn't already know about or have access to!

Wait for it the next thing will be that you will only be able to log onto the forum pages by giving your MMM card detais then those who do not pay annual subscriptions will not be able to log on.

A bit like the Motorcaravanners club site unless you are a member you cannot enter the site you can save £5 by joining online but there is no way of joining online at the moment so you cannot save £5 on the joining fee a bit of a dead end ;-)

I believe the point was just a marketing ploy. The real purpose must surely have been to persuade you to take out an annual subscription to one of the sister magazines? If so, fair enough, but there are better marketing methods. Shall we now discuss the poor use of English, and spelling errors? Can someone please explain what a 'VISTOR' is, as printed on most of the show vouchers?

Aaaaarggghhh. I'm now a grumpy old man. Please help.

Millhey - 2007-02-20 8:29 PM

Can someone please explain what a 'VISTOR' is, as printed on most of the show vouchers?

Aaaaarggghhh. I'm now a grumpy old man. Please help.

...talking of which - well almost - I see that I'm now accorded the distinguished accolade on this forum of 'regular visitor'.......I'd love to know what (or who!) gives us the various titles, and what we have to do to acquire the next grading...!?

Archived