Major and Brexit

Bulletguy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bulletguy - 2018-03-01 5:30 PM

antony1969 - 2018-03-01 5:19 PM

How desperate... Tory haters heap praise on The Grey Man ... Amazing

You seem extremely fearful. Why not listen to what he has to say first, and debate the points?

What have I said at any time to make you believe Im fearful ??? Be really interesting to find out ... Heres a poll another winger started https://www.westmonster.com/tony-blairs-poll-shows-63-want-uk-leave-eu-whatever-cost-1/

antony1969 - 2018-03-01 5:37 PM

You seem extremely fearful. Why not listen to what he has to say first, and debate the points?

What have I said at any time to make you believe Im fearful ??? Be really interesting to find out ...

That you didn't want to listen to what he said.

Bulletguy - 2018-03-01 6:33 PM

What have I said at any time to make you believe Im fearful ??? Be really interesting to find out ...

Please quote where I said that ... If you can't as usual your talking in riddles and have just made yourself look pretty stoopid ... Your guna prove me wrong that not your stoopid aren't ya fella

Guest pelmetman

Debating with Remoaners is a waste of time *-) ........

Baiting's much more fun >:-) .........

John Major 29th May 2016 " There will not be a second referendum " ... Less than two years later whats the loser calling for ... A 2nd referendum ... He's amazing ... With that you have the whiners and moaners argument ... We want another neverendum blah blah blah ... Gosh

Guest pelmetman

Blah blah blah....Doom....Blah blah blah.....Gloom...... Blah blah blah *-) ........

That's Remoaner debating (lol) ..........

All he is advocating is that Parliament have a full free vote on the deal and take control of Brexit and if Parliament takes a view that there should be another referendum or the public get a vote on the deal then they should put that forward. Why are you Brexiteers objecting to that? Its what you voted for isnt it for Parliament to take control.

He may well have said there wouldnt be a second referendum before the first referendum. Everybody assumed that. We also thought there would be £350m for the NHS! Nobody, nobody at all foresaw just how complicated and costly it would all be to the British people though but still, a hard core of full fat Brexiteers are wanting to plough ahead regardless.

Give the people the facts and let them decide if they still want Brexit.

The interview with Laura Kuenssberg half way down the page below spells it out superbly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43229964

I Voted for him and his party by the way and would again but not for this current rabble.

Barryd999 - 2018-03-01 7:11 PM

All he is advocating is that Parliament have a full free vote on the deal and take control of Brexit and if Parliament takes a view that there should be another referendum or the public get a vote on the deal then they should put that forward. Why are you Brexiteers objecting to that? Its what you voted for isnt it for Parliament to take control.

He may well have said there wouldnt be a second referendum before the first referendum. Everybody assumed that. We also thought there would be £350m for the NHS! Nobody, nobody at all foresaw just how complicated and costly it would all be to the British people though but still, a hard core of full fat Brexiteers are wanting to plough ahead regardless.

The interview with Laura Kuenssberg half way down the page below spells it out superbly.

I Voted for him and his party by the way and would again but not for this current rabble.

Blah blah blah bore blah blah blah zzzzz snooze blah

antony1969 - 2018-03-01 6:38 PM

Please quote where I said that ...

I said you seem extremely fearful and didn't want to listen to what he had to say. That you haven't listened is patently obvious.

Bulletguy - 2018-03-01 7:52 PM

antony1969 - 2018-03-01 6:38 PM

Please quote where I said that ...

I said you seem extremely fearful and didn't want to listen to what he had to say. That you haven't listened is patently obvious.

What in my initial response to you makes you come up with the above ??? ... Do remember sometimes ignoring a question and staying silent is a better option to your above post , but by all means go ahead ... Should be funny if nothing else ... An amazing answer that last one

Barryd999 - 2018-03-01 7:11 PM

Barry, it's pointless attempting to engage adult debate when the best Brexiters can muster is their usual tripe above and below your post.

HI,

I would not agree with a vote for MP's free or not because they would vote on what is good for the party and not the people,it definitely could bring down the present govt. I would however welcome another referendum. Why, because for or against leaving the EU, I believe people have a better idea now about the benefits and non benefits as all we had last time was the Big Bus.plus the people vote for what they want and are not or threatened by party leaders.

cheers

derek

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-03-01 8:02 PM

Barry, it's pointless attempting to engage adult debate when the best Brexiters can muster is their usual tripe above and below your post.

There's nothing to debate ;-) .........Except more rehashed Remoaner scaremongering *-) .........

So I'll leave you Remoaners to your Bitchfest.......Enjoy (lol) ..........

derek pringle - 2018-03-02 8:46 AM

HI,

I would not agree with a vote for MP's free or not because they would vote on what is good for the party and not the people,it definitely could bring down the present govt. I would however welcome another referendum. Why, because for or against leaving the EU, I believe people have a better idea now about the benefits and non benefits as all we had last time was the Big Bus.plus the people vote for what they want and are not or threatened by party leaders.

cheers

derek

I wonder if this old article gives us a clue about how parliament will vote Derek? Will it be for another referendum no matter what the deal?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/how-mp-vote-eu-referendum-9187679

Veronica

They have a teensy, weensy, problem don't they?

They voted for the referendum because it sounded "democratic", plus, in the case of the Torys, they were afraid UKIP was about to shoot their fox.

Then they compounded that by allowing a stupidly facile "in or out" question for the referendum.

Then they compounder that further by trying to apply Henry VIII powers to the Article 60 notification, and having to be dragged through the courts to be forced into allowing parliament (which the Brexiters had thought they wanted to reign supreme - except in this case) to decide.

Then they decided in parliament that after all the Article 60 notification should go.

So, faced with so many recklessly stupid decisions, are they likely, en masse, to turn around and say "weellllllll, we now think we've decided the electorate got it wrong so in the interests of British parliamentary democracy (the proper version), we're in favour of remain (which they mostly are) and we're going to withdraw the Article 60 notice"?

Pigs and fly?

Expect either to have the question returned to the public to decide based on the outcome of the negotiations, or for the MPs to suffer mass funk and decide we must leave whatever the terms, because it is what the "British Public" voted for.

We shall see where courage lies over the next few months.

HI,

cheers

derek

Of course it makes sense. If it had been a landslide result in the first place maybe not but everyone knows a lot more now and lets face it the "They need us more than we need them" mantra that was rolled out by the Brexiteers has clearly turned out to be a load of rubbish. Now it seems we are either going to have a Hard Brexit which only a minority want or a soft Brexit which leaves us still worse off but having to play by EU rules and probably free movement etc.

Anyway clearly by the results of Antony's poll above it will be a landslide for Leave so you would think the Brexiteers would be rallying for a second referendum then to put an end to it all seeing as its so clear they would win by a mile.

HI,

I would not agree with a vote for MP's free or not because they would vote on what is good for the party and not the people,it definitely could bring down the present govt.

derek

And then we could have a General Election and get it all sorted out, including Boris or Jacob v Jeremy. In v Out,

Would be a good campaign, worth the effort

Regards, Snowie

Barryd999 - 2018-03-02 11:01 AM

HI,

cheers

derek

Of course it makes sense. If it had been a landslide result in the first place maybe not but everyone knows a lot more now and lets face it the "They need us more than we need them" mantra that was rolled out by the Brexiteers has clearly turned out to be a load of rubbish. Now it seems we are either going to have a Hard Brexit which only a minority want or a soft Brexit which leaves us still worse off but having to play by EU rules and probably free movement etc.

Anyway clearly by the results of Antony's poll above it will be a landslide for Leave so you would think the Brexiteers would be rallying for a second referendum then to put an end to it all seeing as its so clear they would win by a mile.

But I won the first neverendum , why the hell would I want another what ever percentages any poll gives ... I aren't the one constantly whinging ... You do contradict yourself a tad though claiming only a minority want a hard Brexit then suggest a landslide for Leave when Tony Blairs own poll is taken into account which asked if you'd still vote leave for a Brexit at all costs ... Like most of your Brexit moaning its confusing

Don't agree Alan, sorry. It wouldn't be possible to run a single issue election, so Brexit would get lost into a miasma of other issues, with just some vague "bags of wiggle room" platitudes in the manifestos.

We'd have all the same unfounded claims as during the referendum campaign, compounded by all the usual unfounded election claims as well. No-one would ever be able to tell what they'd actually voted for, or against, and whoever won would say it was what they'd said all along whatever the outcome.

The probable result would be a Labour government with a small overall majority, possibly a coalition with SNP or similar, or a confidence and supply arrangement as between Tories and DUP. Whether Labour, who are as split over the EU as the Tories, would then have the cojones to pull the Brexit plug is highly debatable, so I think we'd simply be back where we are at present, but with a bit of a list to port.

Ultimately, I think it has to be decided through a properly informed referendum, which means after the negotiations conclude, based on a full public explanation of the finally agreed legal text. Apart from any other arguments, as the original "decision" was made via a referendum, it is only another referendum that would have the unassailable democratic authority to overturn it.

Live by the referendum, die by the referendum - and then ban referendums for the foreseeable future! :-D

antony1969 - 2018-03-02 11:50 AM

HI,

cheers

derek

But I won the first neverendum , why the hell would I want another what ever percentages any poll gives ... I aren't the one constantly whinging ... You do contradict yourself a tad though claiming only a minority want a hard Brexit then suggest a landslide for Leave when Tony Blairs own poll is taken into account which asked if you'd still vote leave for a Brexit at all costs ... Like most of your Brexit moaning its confusing

Because if you believe in democracy and the will of the people as you and the rest of the Brexiteers have been banging on about for long enough now that we have a lot more facts and it does indeed look like any kind of Brexit will be damaging both from the Governments own analysis and from similar analysis in the USA and Scotland the people should have the final say. I think there will be worse Brexit news to come in the next six months as well (I think, not a crystal ball of course :D ).

I was being sarcastic about your poll. God knows where in Twitter you dragged that one up from but I Could show you a fair few or an combination of all the major polls from the referendum date that tell a different story but we all know how reliable polls are of course. If your so confident though would you not like to see it put to bed for ever like Nigel Farage and Arran Banks recently suggested? Give the public the chance to back up and shore up Brexit forever. If they haven't changed their minds then that would surely be an end to it would it not?

Barryd999 - 2018-03-02 12:59 PM

antony1969 - 2018-03-02 11:50 AM

HI,

cheers

derek

Because if you believe in democracy and the will of the people as you and the rest of the Brexiteers have been banging on about for long enough now that we have a lot more facts and it does indeed look like any kind of Brexit will be damaging both from the Governments own analysis and from similar analysis in the USA and Scotland the people should have the final say. I think there will be worse Brexit news to come in the next six months as well (I think, not a crystal ball of course :D ).

I was being sarcastic about your poll. God knows where in Twitter you dragged that one up from but I Could show you a fair few or an combination of all the major polls from the referendum date that tell a different story but we all know how reliable polls are of course. If your so confident though would you not like to see it put to bed for ever like Nigel Farage and Arran Banks recently suggested? Give the public the chance to back up and shore up Brexit forever. If they haven't changed their minds then that would surely be an end to it would it not?

Jesus Christ ... The Governments own analysis written by the same folk who predicted Doomsday the day after the vote !!! ... Barry I don't want or feel the need for a whinging , moaning second referendum , we had the referendum and all the info regarding leaving the single market and the customs union from the likes of David Cameron , George Osboure , Boris and Gove ... Move on Barry because your becoming a real bore

Archived