Maybe He's Right

antony1969

Leader of The Lib Dems ( they are allegedly a UK political party ) says it like it probably is in a round about racist way ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43364331 ... Makes ya wonder , all those older folk saw a Britain without the forced muliticulturalism and they've decided it was better before it turned up... If they've seen both and they've decided Britain is now a sh8thole with it who can argue with em ... You gotta love the older lot , well most of em

antony1969 - 2018-03-11 6:43 PM

Makes ya wonder , all those older folk saw a Britain without the forced muliticulturalism and they've decided it was better before it turned up...

.... and it seems, a lot of them were daft enough to think that leaving the EU would make a difference.

As you, and Trump, would say ----- "sad "

;-)

Very sad indeed. Of course it wont make a difference to Immigration. Thats not on the Tories agenda, Immigration was just the vote winner carrot to dangle for the oldies and those that thought Immigrants were the problem. Brexit is all about making the rich richer and THEM not us having more control and less regulation for THEM, not us.

Immigration may go down a bit, it already has but that will be down to the immigrants themselves either choosing to leave or not come as the UK becomes less desirable but of course they will need to be replaced so my guess is the rules for immigration and caps from outside of the EU will be relaxed to make up the numbers from Asia and Africa. At the moment there are departments in the NHS that desperately want to fill positions from outside of Europe but are unable to because of caps and they cannot get EU staff anymore either.

If what Vince Cable says is true I am sure the voters he is talking about will be delighted at that prospect. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2018-03-11 8:26 PM

Makes ya wonder , all those older folk saw a Britain without the forced muliticulturalism and they've decided it was better before it turned up...

.... and it seems, a lot of them were daft enough to think that leaving the EU would make a difference.

;-)

Well as you Remoaners like to point out infinitum *-) .........."We haven't left yet".......

So how would you know? ;-) ..........

I’m struggling to understand why anyone would associate “forced” multiculturalism (whatever that means) with Britain having been turned into a “s’hole”. I thought we got rid of most open sewers about a century ago. The halcyon days of my childhood and trips to the outside privy are also long gone thankfully. It’s just the potty mouths that remain.

;-)

Violet1956 - 2018-03-12 12:37 PM

I’m struggling to understand why anyone would associate “forced” multiculturalism (whatever that means) with Britain having been turned into a “s’hole”. I thought we got rid of most open sewers about a century ago. The halcyon days of my childhood and trips to the outside privy are also long gone thankfully. It’s just the potty mouths that remain.

;-)

"forced" multiculturalism is what most Brits who live in in multicultural areas have to put up with , many of them didn't ask for it and many of them don't like it and if Vince Cable is correct he's got something right for once hasn't he ... As for sh8thole , well their again if Vince is correct and all those nasty older generation types voted for a white better Britain from the past then those nasty racist older types aren't going to think modern Britain or big parts of it are anything other than sh8tholes are they ??? ... If Vince can talk for em then so can I ... Sometimes on here Veronica we use words to describe certain things dont we just like you did once I seem to remember when describing an old school chum , was it something like "poor little rich Daddies girl" ... Well maybe your description was a tad exaggerated as is mine ... Regards

antony1969 - 2018-03-12 1:12 PM

;-)

"forced" multiculturalism is what most Brits who live in in multicultural areas have to put up with , many of them didn't ask for it and many of them don't like it and if Vince Cable is correct he's got something right for once hasn't he ... As for sh8thole , well their again if Vince is correct and all those nasty older generation types voted for a white better Britain from the past then those nasty racist older types aren't going to think modern Britain or big parts of it are anything other than sh8tholes are they ??? ... If Vince can talk for em then so can I ... Sometimes on here Veronica we use words to describe certain things dont we just like you did once I seem to remember when describing an old school chum , was it something like "poor little rich Daddies girl" ... Well maybe your description was a tad exaggerated as is mine ... Regards

"A tad exaggerated" don't make me laugh it was downright offensive as was my comment on my university chum. Hardly as offensive as your post on this thread though.

Violet1956 - 2018-03-12 1:35 PM

;-)

"A tad exaggerated" don't make me laugh it was downright offensive as was my comment on my university chum. Hardly as offensive as your post on this thread though.

Maybe you can explain why my post is so offensive Veronica and why my offensive is so much more offensive than yours ???

antony1969 - 2018-03-12 1:48 PM

;-)

Maybe you can explain why my post is so offensive Veronica and why my offensive is so much more offensive than yours ???

No explanation necessary Antony it's obvious for all to see. Your feigned need for one is a transparent invitation to me to explain why the possible belief of others about how multiculturalism has changed areas of Britain into "s'holes" is offensive without you having expressly adopted it. It is a device you have used in order to escape censure and that is also plain for all to see.

Violet1956 - 2018-03-12 2:27 PM

;-)

No explanation necessary Antony it's obvious for all to see. Your feigned need for one is a transparent invitation to me to explain why the possible belief of others about how multiculturalism has changed areas of Britain into "s'holes" is offensive without you having expressly adopted it. It is a device you have used in order to escape censure and that is also plain for all to see.

If thats correct its a device I've borrowed from Vince Cable ... If its OK for a Sir and head of one of our political parties to suggest what some believe no matter how offensive then it has to be good for a small time country boy like me doesn't it or are you just being selective with who offends you ???

antony1969 - 2018-03-12 2:44 PM

;-)

If thats correct its a device I've borrowed from Vince Cable ... If its OK for a Sir and head of one of our political parties to suggest what some believe no matter how offensive then it has to be good for a small time country boy like me doesn't it or are you just being selective with who offends you ???

Don't recall Vince Cable saying that some people believe that multiculturalism has turned places into anything in particular least of all using the terminology you used.

Violet1956 - 2018-03-12 2:49 PM

;-)

Don't recall Vince Cable saying that some people believe that multiculturalism has turned places into anything in particular least of all using the terminology you used.

I can tell you now he didn't as you well know but he did offend a lot of folk and thats what I thought we were on about Veronica being offensive or are you trying to deflect away from that

antony1969 - 2018-03-12 2:59 PM

Violet1956 - 2018-03-12 2:49 PM

;-)

I can tell you now he didn't as you well know but he did offend a lot of folk and thats what I thought we were on about Veronica being offensive or are you trying to deflect away from that

Antony you really are a master when it comes to obfuscation. I intend to ignore the next email notification showing that you've responded on this thread. They rather aptly appear in the "trash" folder. Good work though you really do a grand job at winding people up.

;-)

If Vince is right and the oldies voted out of the EU to go back to a "Whites" only same culture Britain of the long and distant past are they confused like that bloke in the now famous video from Barnsley as most Europeans are white and of a similar culture to ours. They will have to be a rerun then when someone has explained to them that the "Darkies" will be allowed in after we leave the EU and probably in higher numbers to make up for the shortfall in White EU nationals. Just sayin.

Barryd999 - 2018-03-12 3:26 PM

If Vince is right and the oldies voted out of the EU to go back to a "Whites" only same culture Britain of the long and distant past are they confused like that bloke in the now famous video from Barnsley as most Europeans are white and of a similar culture to ours. They will have to be a rerun then when someone has explained to them that the "Darkies" will be allowed in after we leave the EU and probably in higher numbers to make up for the shortfall in White EU nationals. Just sayin.

Vince isn't head of a dead party for nothing ... Your "if" is a big if , though to be fair I am sure some will have voted for the reason he says but I don't think anywhere near what he's trying to imply

Guest pelmetman

It’s just the potty mouths that remain.

;-)

I do apologise for Barry :$ ........It's the way he was dragged up by his headmaster Dad ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-03-12 8:56 AM

;-)

Well as you Remoaners like to point out infinitum *-) .........."We haven't left yet".......

I would be interested to hear your definition of a remoaner - as I don't consider myself to be one.

:-|

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2018-03-12 8:13 PM

;-)

I would be interested to hear your definition of a remoaner - as I don't consider myself to be one.

One who has a problem with a democratic referendum ;-) ........

pelmetman - 2018-03-12 8:30 PM

;-)

Well that was a nice straightforward reply !

.....and confirms that I am NOT a remoaner - so you can take me off your list.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2018-03-13 9:04 AM

pelmetman - 2018-03-12 8:30 PM

;-)

Well that was a nice straightforward reply !

.....and confirms that I am NOT a remoaner - so you can take me off your list.

;-)

So you don't want another referendum? ;-) ........That'll annoy Barry & Bullet :D ........

pelmetman - 2018-03-13 9:08 AM

So you don't want another referendum? ;-) ........That'll annoy Barry & Bullet :D ........

I'm not concerned about another referendum - I accepted the result of the last one.

If we had another, and the result came out with one or two percent the other way, what would we do then ? It certainly wouldn't unite the nation and wouldn't solve anything.

The politicians screwed up - in the EU as in Westminster - ignored the concerns of a sizeable percentage of the population - and so they voted OUT. Job done.

Contrary to what Vince Cable says - it was the politicians that took us out - not the older generation.

If this is true then they may have to legally have a second referendum.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-second-referendum-lock-legal-challenge-david-cameron-dominic-grieve-a8250266.html

I kind of agree with the above though. A similar 52-48% split the other way would not really resolve anything. It needs a bigger swing. My hope is people will start to realise just what a crazy decision it was and something will have to give. Trouble is its all too emotional. For now. The sooner the electorate realise that we were all conned and nothing will change that will benefit them and only the few who orchestrated it then perhaps we may see a bigger change but prising such an emotional victory out of the mitts of folk who never usually win anything will not be easy.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-03-13 10:29 AM

I kind of agree with the above though. A similar 52-48% split the other way would not really resolve anything. It needs a bigger swing. My hope is people will start to realise just what a crazy decision it was and something will have to give.

No sign of that bigger swing here in Brexit on Sea :D ........

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-second-referendum-lock-legal-challenge-david-cameron-dominic-grieve-a8250266.html

I kind of agree with the above though. A similar 52-48% split the other way would not really resolve anything. It needs a bigger swing. My hope is people will start to realise just what a crazy decision it was and something will have to give.

Maybe if the politicians came up with a big list of the benefits of staying in the EU ?

They haven't tried THAT before.

Do you think that might change anyones' mind ?

malc d - 2018-03-13 12:04 PM

Maybe if the politicians came up with a big list of the benefits of staying in the EU ?

They haven't tried THAT before.

Do you think that might change anyones' mind ?

The only thing that will change peoples minds in big enough numbers to force the government into taking action is as near as dammit concrete proof of how damaging all the Brexit scenarios will be and put in simple terms how that will effect them.

If you look at the demographic of voters that have changed their minds more women have than men as they are not as emotionally involved in the main. You just have to look at some of the comments from the chest thumping brigade to realise it's like a game of football to many and it's a hard won victory that none of them want to back down from and let go of. You can understand that but I believe most of them now know it's a mistake but won't admit it but perhaps they would at the voting booth

Archived