Migraine

michele

My daughter had years ago suffered with a Hemipleqic migraine .

she complained of a headache to which I said you will be ok go put on the kettle . She came back with the tea in her hand and her face looked lopsided she dropped the tea ended up in hospital for a week .

Once in hospital they confirmed this and after running test said that a blood vessel had burst and that they would be giving her a cat scan just to make sure. we were discharged with tablets ..

She was 12 at the time now she is 18 its back her left eye vision get's disturbed and her left side of her body hence the name hemi....Anyone suffer with migrain

Migraine is not nice at any age, but for a child it must be very frightening.

I had a course of acupuncture which seemed to lessen the frequency of the symptoms, and eventually it stopped altogether.

Probably won't work for everyone, but certainly worth a try!

full blown classic migraine

caused by flashing lights / strobe effects / artificial lights

get coloured flashes darting around the periphery and white worms wriggling in the centre of my vision

- this gave me about 30 -45 minutes warning before the brain just gave up the effort and turned out all the lights. went out for anything between 2 and 10 hours - came to feeling absolutely shattered - went to sleep for about 8 - 10 hours - then felt fine!!

Started in my late teens, has eased considerably over the years - now find that 2 co-codamol and caffeine can generally head it off followed by an hours kip.

Could only do one thing at once - eg walk in a straight line - stop at an obstacle turn - step - turn step - turn step - turn - then continue to walk - can't walk and talk at the same time [could be I'm highly qualified for a job on Pennsylvania Avenue :->

B-)

she has my deepest sympathy

Randonneur - 2007-05-16 7:33 PM

A friend of mine used to suffer hormonal migraine

I suffer with them too!!

sorry michelle, i dont mean to make light of your daughters problems, couldn't resist. I hope she gets well soon, i have suffered with migrains but seem to have eased off over the last year or 2, unsure why (?)

Headaches can be helped by remaining hydrated. Apparently lack of fluid can cause tension headaches.

I get tired headaches if I over sleep or dream a lot. Nuisance by mid-morning as I need to go to sleep to rest ease the tension.

Hope your daughter soon feels well again. It must limit her life-style when it hits?

Thank you all.

Yes she drink rather alot of bottle juice or water as she is in the Forge all day red hot what ever the weather.

Yesterday i phoned the Doctor who said that as this sometimes shows its self like a mini stroke that she should have a full work up at the hospital.

When she came home last night she was feeling fine Except for left finger 1 finger numb. i wonder if this is anything to do with holding Tongs all day in red hot forge whilst making horse shoes...its heavy going alot of the men chicken out... ? anyway just a theory but last night she was well and rested well.. ;-) Going to avoid cheese and ?..change her diet

Archived