Migrants

John52

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John52 - 2017-11-28 3:46 AM

Is it fair that Prince Harry can marry a migrant from outside the EEA, when millions can't?

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/prince-harry-meghan-markle-engagement-marry-not-everyone-can-bring-spouse-a8078926.html

hi John,

On what grounds would he be treated differently to anybody else.?

How would the US law interpret this situation,would he be treated differently to other people marrying an american?

cheers

derek

derek pringle - 2017-11-28 9:29 AM

Is it fair that Prince Harry can marry a migrant from outside the EEA, when millions can't?

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/prince-harry-meghan-markle-engagement-marry-not-everyone-can-bring-spouse-a8078926.html

hi John,

How would the US law interpret this situation,would he be treated differently to other people marrying an american?

cheers

derek

Its explained in the web link I posted

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-11-28 9:29 AM

pelmetman - 2017-11-28 8:51 AM

Yes >:-) ........

Why?

Because it annoys the hell out of you anti royalists B-) .........

John52 - 2017-11-28 12:15 PM

Remarkable how attitudes to migrants changes when they become Royalty.

Reminds me of the abuse that used to be thrown at working class Gays.

Only when the upper clases were found out to be Gay it became acceptable for the working classes.

She's a beautiful mixed race American migrant that most of us are very happy to welcome into the Royal Family ... Rejoice she's lovely and don't be so bitter

antony1969 - 2017-11-28 12:36 PM

John52 - 2017-11-28 12:15 PM

Remarkable how attitudes to migrants changes when they become Royalty.

Reminds me of the abuse that used to be thrown at working class Gays.

Only when the upper clases were found out to be Gay it became acceptable for the working classes.

She's a beautiful mixed race American migrant that most of us are very happy to welcome into the Royal Family ... Rejoice she's lovely and don't be so bitter

Your ad hominem comment doesn't surprise me because its what I have come to expect from you.

None of this makes any difference to me. I certainly have no complaints about the female company I have had.

I just find it remarkable how your attitude to migrants changes to become all sycophantic when they become part of the upper class.

John52 - 2017-11-28 12:48 PM

antony1969 - 2017-11-28 9:53 AM

He's not done bad for a ginger ... She's a very tasty lady ... On behalf of my country I offer our congratulations to them xxx

What attracted her to this billionaire?

Love and companionship of course........he seems an OK bloke to me.

Our immigration system does not prevent anyone marrying anybody but they are not entitled to insist that their spouse comes to live with them in the UK unless certain criteria are met. Those criteria have to comply with certain principles but the fact remains there has to be a consideration of the interests of the public in general when considering whether to allow a non-national to come here.

What's up for debate is whether the rules that are applied are fair and reasonable in every circumstance. Seem to me the first principle is that people have to accept that their right to marry does not equate to an absolute obligation on the part of the state to allow their spouse to live with them here.

John52 - 2017-11-28 12:48 PM

He's not done bad for a ginger ... She's a very tasty lady ... On behalf of my country I offer our congratulations to them xxx

What attracted her to this billionaire?

That sums you up John ... While most celebrate and welcome a mixed race American lady into your Royal Family you suggest shes after his billions ... Stinks of bitterness to me ... I've liked Harry ever since I saw him in his Nazi uniform but he's stepped up another level

picking that cracker

John52 - 2017-11-28 2:01 PM

.. On behalf of my country

What gives you the right to speak on behalf of 'your country'.?

Lily Allen can ... I do but I don't do it for fame ... I think your bitter because Harry has his own throne and you don't ... You prefer plastic bags I seem to remember

John52 - 2017-11-28 2:03 PM

most of us are very happy

Are you still speanking on behalf of 'your country' *-)

And if 'most of us' want all the Royal Hangers on, why don't they want an election *-)

Election .... What election are you raving on at now ???

John52 - 2017-11-28 9:31 AM

derek pringle - 2017-11-28 9:29 AM

hi John,

cheers

derek

Its explained in the web link I posted

I think you will find John that his chosen wife will have to conform to the same rules as any other non-national. As an American citizen she can only stay in the UK for six months after her entry as a visitor. If she want's to enter and remain for longer as a spouse she will have to apply for a spouse visa. The law applies to Harry in the same way as it applies to everyone else. Yes it will be little more than a formality but the law is the law. I think it likely that he can afford to pay the visa fee and he just needs to demonstrate that he can afford to keep her. Just a bank statement from one of his accounts with Coutts would show that. ;-)

Correction she will have to apply for a Fiancee visa as I presume she is going to marry him here.

John52 - 2017-11-28 12:52 PM
John52 - 2017-11-28 12:15 PMRemarkable how attitudes to migrants changes when they become Royalty.Reminds me of the abuse that used to be thrown at working class Gays. Only when the upper clases were found out to be Gay it became acceptable for the working classes.
Your ad hominem comment doesn't surprise me because its what I have come to expect from you.None of this makes any difference to me. I certainly have no complaints about the female company I have had.I just find it remarkable how your attitude to migrants changes to become all sycophantic when they become part of the upper class.

Only you could bring 'gays' into a debate, that you started, about the rights/wrongs of a person being permitted to enter the UK because she is marrying a Royal...........https://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/some-people-are-so-pathetic-and-delusional-you-cant-help-but-laugh-at-their-stupidity-a0cbc.png 

As for your female company...........could it be them that have the complaints?  From your ranting and repetition on here I reckon it is highly likely.

Anyway.....where's the 100 year at war, Chartists and 'Gettes'.... they should surely have something to do with it?

antony1969 - 2017-11-28 2:10 PM

John52 - 2017-11-28 2:03 PM

most of us are very happy

Are you still speanking on behalf of 'your country' *-)

And if 'most of us' want all the Royal Hangers on, why don't they want an election *-)

Election .... What election are you raving on at now ???

There isn't one, thats the point.

I have the same rights as you in 'your country' and you certainly aren't speaking on my behalf.

Archived