Mrs Merkel

antony1969

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some may consider my view naive but I find it rather sickening when politicians, of whatever persuasion or nationality, make it crystal clear that they are 'in it for themselves' and are prepared to put self before country.

I believe that any....and I mean any politico who is seen to, or is found to have put self aggrandisement and/or party before country should be removed from office, charged with activities against the state and disbarred from public life for ever.  Too many are getting away with behaviour that is clearly questionable and it is, IMO, high time it was stopped.

I appreciate politics is sometimes a messy business but, IMO, country trumps party/personal interest every time.

RogerC - 2017-11-17 8:58 PMSome may consider my view naive but I find it rather sickening when politicians, of whatever persuasion or nationality, make it crystal clear that they are 'in it for themselves' and are prepared to put self before country.

I believe that any....and I mean any politico who is seen to, or is found to have put self aggrandisement and/or party before country should be removed from office, charged with activities against the state and disbarred from public life for ever.  Too many are getting away with behaviour that is clearly questionable and it is, IMO, high time it was stopped.

I appreciate politics is sometimes a messy business but, IMO, country trumps party/personal interest every time.
Yes, sorry Roger, totally naive. And I would go further than being removed from office, criminal charges (treason?) should be brought.Having said that, what about politicos who serve their country using questionable means? Ever since the furore about Russia using social media to interfere with elections (and referenda?) in other countries became known, I have thought, "well, if it is possible, surely everyone's doing it?" Including us. Better that than going to war, no? Be sure, there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than we will ever be told about.

RogerC - 2017-11-17 8:58 PM

I mean any politico who is seen to, or is found to have put self aggrandisement and/or party before country should be removed from office, charged with activities against the state and disbarred from public life for ever.

Yes I suppose you would think it as simple as that because you seem to have no problem with the Unelected having power over the Elected.

I think democracy should take its course and remove bad politicians from office. For that we need real democracy. Real freedom of information. And an unbiased media and educated electorate who take an interest in politics. Which unfortunately takes time and is not easy. But the most worthwhile things seldom are.

antony1969 - 2017-11-17 6:38 PM

She's struggling ... Really struggling to get it together with everyone and anyone ...

Is she struggling enough to buy votes with taxpayer's borrowed money like Theresa May has from the DUP?

I just wish we could swap Germany's problems for ours :-S

John52 - 2017-11-18 9:25 AM

She's struggling ... Really struggling to get it together with everyone and anyone ...

Is she struggling enough to buy votes with taxpayer's borrowed money like Theresa May has from the DUP?

Well do you seriously think she's going to be able to form a coalition with various parties without giving up money and policies ???

antony1969 - 2017-11-18 9:40 AM

Well do you seriously think she's going to be able to form a coalition with various parties without giving up money and policies ???

Well if she is reduced to Theresa May's level of paying bribes for votes at least she won't be doing it with borrowed money. Last time I looked Britain had just posted another record deficit, nd Germany another record surplus. The Germans must need advice from Britain (lol)

Now I have replied to your question are are you to answer the question still waiting at the end of this thread;

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/General-Chat/Chatterbox/John-Lewis-Christmas-Ad-2017/48199/#M546028

John52 - 2017-11-14 7:20 AM

antony1969 - 2017-11-13 6:54 PM

. Wunt want him near the young uns though

Whats that supposed to mean?

John52 - 2017-11-18 9:11 AM
RogerC - 2017-11-17 8:58 PM I mean any politico who is seen to, or is found to have put self aggrandisement and/or party before country should be removed from office, charged with activities against the state and disbarred from public life for ever.
Yes I suppose you would think it as simple as that because you seem to have no problem with the Unelected having power over the Elected.

Actually John that is where you are 'WRONG' AGAIN.....  Having the unelected in positions of 'usable power' over me is one of the main reasons I voted to leave the EU.

Anyway keep up the good work....I really do appreciate the irrelevant nonsense that emanates from your keyboard...... it reinforces the feeling that my day is filled with such great happiness compared to how your must be.

PS....Victor Meldrew says "Thank you" as well......however I reckon if you keep on making him happier he might be in danger of losing his 'miserable' job. https://media.giphy.com/media/ZLTiFML5zzVEQ/giphy.gif

RogerC - 2017-11-18 11:46 AM
RogerC - 2017-11-17 8:58 PM I mean any politico who is seen to, or is found to have put self aggrandisement and/or party before country should be removed from office, charged with activities against the state and disbarred from public life for ever.

Actually John that is where you are 'WRONG' AGAIN.....  Having the unelected in positions of 'usable power' over me is one of the main reasons I voted to leave the EU.

Anyway keep up the good work....I really do appreciate the irrelevant nonsense that emanates from your keyboard...... it reinforces the feeling that my day is filled with such great happiness compared to how your must be.

PS....Victor Meldrew says "Thank you" as well......however I reckon if you keep on making him happier he might be in danger of losing his 'miserable' job. https://media.giphy.com/media/ZLTiFML5zzVEQ/giphy.gif
Well at least the EU is more democratic than our Head of State which you would be charging them with activities against

John52 - 2017-11-18 11:19 AM

antony1969 - 2017-11-18 9:40 AM

Well if she is reduced to Theresa May's level of paying bribes for votes at least she won't be doing it with borrowed money. Last time I looked Britain had just posted another record deficit, nd Germany another record surplus. The Germans must need advice from Britain (lol)

Now I have replied to your question are are you to answer the question still waiting at the end of this thread;

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/General-Chat/Chatterbox/John-Lewis-Christmas-Ad-2017/48199/#M546028

John52 - 2017-11-14 7:20 AM

antony1969 - 2017-11-13 6:54 PM

. Wunt want him near the young uns though

Whats that supposed to mean?

Borrowed money isn't a problem for you normally when it comes to Corbyn and Mcdonnell is it ... Regarding my other comment its something I heard on the radio B-)

John52 - 2017-11-18 12:02 PM
RogerC - 2017-11-18 11:46 AM

Well at least the EU is more democratic than our Head of State which you would be charging them with activities against

At extreme risk of opening you vitriolic can of bilious worms :-) pray enlighten me as to why I should ever consider charging our Head of State?  

I am assuming that is what you mean because the response you posted is rather 'warped' in construction.  Buy hey that's to be expected I suppose.......oh and Victor says ........https://i.pinimg.com/736x/46/35/48/463548f46280ac6938e84789da4ba4f7.jpg

John52 - 2017-11-19 9:33 AM
RogerC - 2017-11-18 4:58 PMpray enlighten me as to why I should ever consider charging our Head of State?  
Because you claim to be democratic.

I don't see why that would cause me to consider charges against Royalty.

A democracy is a form of government in which the leaders are chosen by the citizens’ votes, and in which the people have a say in decisions about the state’s affairs. The primary characteristics of democracy include political freedom, rule of law, and legal equality. In order for these principles to be authentic, every eligible citizen must have equal access to the legislative process, and the legal system.

I see nothing in the 'legal' definition of democracy that precludes a democratically run nation from having a titular head of state, in our case HM The Queen.

It looks like your core hatred of Royalty is distorting your ability to discern what is clearly, and easily understood by millions of others....but then that is so obviously the case in so many of your posts.

pelmetman - 2017-11-20 8:30 AM

4 days after Merkel's deadline for forming a government ;-) .......

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42047532

B-) ........

Its all going Pete Tong for Mrs Merkel isn't it and sounds like her disastrous welcome policy is hitting her and ordinary Germans pretty hard ... The AfD will hopefully gain more votes in Germany in what looks likely to be another election

RogerC - 2017-11-19 3:33 PM

I see nothing in the 'legal' definition of democracy that precludes a democratically run nation from having a titular head of state, in our case HM The Queen

Well if our elected representatives tried to make it illegal your unelected 'titular' head of state could always stop them .

antony1969 - 2017-11-20 10:36 AM

Its all going Pete Tong for Mrs Merkel isn't it

You must be either oblivious to the fact Theresa May's situation is far worse - or trying to use Merkel as a distraction.

Angela Merkel is a very long way from the stage where she is bribing the likes of the DUP with our borrowed money to buy their votes - which is still not enough votes since her own MPs are threratening to vote against her and receiving death threats as a result (link edited) http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42045175 And even if Germany did reach that stage, whats happening here would still be more important to us.

John52 - 2017-11-20 1:00 PM

Its all going Pete Tong for Mrs Merkel isn't it

You must be either oblivious to the fact Theresa May's situation is far worse - or trying to use Merkel as a distraction.

Angela Merkel is a very long way from the stage where she is bribing the likes of the DUP with our borrowed money to buy their votes - which is still not enough votes since her own MPs are threratening to vote against her and receiving death threats as a result (link edited) http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42045175 And even if Germany did reach that stage, whats happening here would still be more important to us.

I don't know if Mrs Mays situation is better or worse than Mrs Merkels ... I was talking about Mrs Merkel if you hadn't noticed ... Try and keep up

John52 - 2017-11-20 12:24 PM
RogerC - 2017-11-19 3:33 PMI see nothing in the 'legal' definition of democracy that precludes a democratically run nation from having a titular head of state, in our case HM The Queen
Well if our elected representatives tried to make it illegal your unelected 'titular' head of state could always stop them .

Thanks for the daily inject of 'making my day better' my old 'off on a tangent....topic irrelevant' loon..... https://emoji.fileformat.info/gemoji/thumbsup.png 
 http://wakeupthesheep.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/StrawMan.jpg

Guest pelmetman

B-) ........

Its all going Pete Tong for Mrs Merkel isn't it and sounds like her disastrous welcome policy is hitting her and ordinary Germans pretty hard ... The AfD will hopefully gain more votes in Germany in what looks likely to be another election

Yep she's had her day hopefully B-) ..........

She's done a Blair on her country and the EU *-) .........

Now the Krauts know all about the benefits of multiculturalism >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2017-11-20 3:44 PM

B-) ........

Yep she's had her day hopefully B-) ..........

She's done a Blair on her country and the EU *-) .........

Now the Krauts know all about the benefits of multiculturalism >:-) .......

Lock her up ... Lock her up B-)

She was always going to come in for some flack and lose some ground for her open door policy on refugees. Does nobody else find it somewhat sad that by trying to set an example and be a true humanitarian she has gained so many enemies? Facing the biggest refugee crisis we have ever seen someone had to do something and set an example. Was she right to do it or should she have done it differently? Probably. History shows though that voting in extremist parties like the AFD never ends well. Some of you seem to think them gaining ground is a good thing but it never is when the views are to far in one direction, left or right.

Just watch America. It will implode within the next three years. or Worse. :(

Archived