Multicultarlism

Bulletguy

Family of four in the motorhome parked up next to me. Bulgarian registered but i overheard them speaking English so i ask where they are from.

The husband is Canadian, Quebec born, his wife Bulgarian, eldest daughter (7) born in Canada, youngest daughter (4) born in Switzerland where they now live. All speak four languages, French, German, Bulgarian and English with even the youngest daughter pretty fluent in English and a real confident little chatterbox.

Another Bulgarian guy parked further up, also speaking fluent English though with an odd mix Scot accent.....he lives in Perth.

Think most of us will just be pleased you've got some company regardless of where they are from for once instead of just your normal Chatterbox which doubles as friend and family ... They'll almost be family won't they ... 4 year olds are great aren't they ... xx

Think most of us will just be pleased you've got some company regardless of where they are from for once instead of just your normal Chatterbox which doubles as friend and family ... They'll almost be family won't they ... 4 year olds are great aren't they ... xx

The old proverb is as true now as it was then - when in Rome do as the Romans do.

Muticulturalism is a politically correct way of saying welcome to the UK, don't bother learning English just see how faryou can dilute and divert the British way of life and make the Brits bow to your imported ways.

People from anywhere in the world should be made welcome here and the only provisos are that they speak English, contribute to the UK economy and embrace the Britiish way of life.

If that is asking too much then bu**er off and live somewhere else. Simples.

Bulletguy - 2018-07-16 1:11 PM

You'd feel "at home". Two families from Yorkshire arriving tomorrow. They've lived in Sofia for seven years and almost fluent Bulgarian.

I don't "feel at home" in many places in Yorkshire and to be fair have never felt any connection with Yorkshire

Tracker - 2018-07-16 1:48 PM

The old proverb is as true now as it was then - when in Rome do as the Romans do.

Muticulturalism is a politically correct way of saying welcome to the UK, don't bother learning English just see how faryou can dilute and divert the British way of life and make the Brits bow to your imported ways.

People from anywhere in the world should be made welcome here and the only provisos are that they speak English, contribute to the UK economy and embrace the Britiish way of life.

If that is asking too much then bu**er off and live somewhere else. Simples.

The vast majority can and do. In Serbia i met a Slovenian guy who'd brought his 12yr old son camping for a weekend. They'd moved to live in Bucharest as he worked for an international company in IT. The father spoke fluent English, Serbian and German. His 12yr old son also. Naturally both also spoke Slovenian.

Yesterday chatting with a Bulgarian chap (mid to late 20's) speaking fluent English. He told me it was essential to his job. He works full time for a British guy who runs a business here in BG importing Land Rover parts.

antony1969 - 2018-07-16 2:00 PM

You'd feel "at home". Two families from Yorkshire arriving tomorrow. They've lived in Sofia for seven years and almost fluent Bulgarian.

I don't "feel at home" in many places in Yorkshire and to be fair have never felt any connection with Yorkshire.

Maybe you'd 'connect' more on an uninhabited island?

https://www.vladi-private-islands.de/en/islands-for-sale/europe-atlantic/

There is a huge difference between the educated responsible examples you quote and the great unwashed, uneducated mass of humanity looking for a better life at our expense.

Like many I welcome the former but not the latter as their kind of multiculturalism we can well do without.

I am all for people creating a better life for themselves but not by bu**ering up my country that I have worked hard and paid a lot of taxes into over many years to help create and I resent being asked to give it away to the great unwashed where ever they come from.

Bulletguy - 2018-07-16 4:06 PM

I don't "feel at home" in many places in Yorkshire and to be fair have never felt any connection with Yorkshire.

Maybe you'd 'connect' more on an uninhabited island?

https://www.vladi-private-islands.de/en/islands-for-sale/europe-atlantic/

Im not the one who spends all day nearly every day on his Jack Jones

Tracker - 2018-07-16 4:20 PM

There is a huge difference between the educated responsible examples you quote and the great unwashed, uneducated mass of humanity looking for a better life at our expense.

Like many I welcome the former but not the latter as their kind of multiculturalism we can well do without.

I am all for people creating a better life for themselves but not by bu**ering up my country that I have worked hard and paid a lot of taxes into over many years to help create and I resent being asked to give it away to the great unwashed where ever they come from.

To use a well known quote, "never judge a book by it's cover". The Bulgarian Land Rover lad was heavily 'inked' covered front chest, entire back and one arm. Many folk would have looked and thought 'uh uh....trouble, he looks a bad 'un'.

A very pleasant young chap.....and well informed on Land Rovers too. Not just a job to him, he was obviously passionate about them.

I've never seen any "masses of great unwashed" though i expect a shower or bath to be something of a luxury for anyone fresh from a war zone. We just turn a tap on whenever we want to and take it for granted water comes out.

I don't "feel at home" in many places in Yorkshire and to be fair have never felt any connection with Yorkshire

Try Scarborough Antony. I was there this afternoon and I saw a bloke with a "Brexit at any price" or some such nonsense on his T shirt. (lol)

What happened to kiss me quick hats on fit you girls? All the girls looked like big fat eggs in leggings with tattoos. Glad to see the Naval battle was still going though although they just refer to the Germans as "the enemy" now. :D

You would be proud of me. On arriving in Brexit on sea I got a bone head haircut and ripped off the Eu heart stickers off the scooter. Well it's s long walk home.

Barryd999 - 2018-07-16 4:58 PM

Try Scarborough Antony. I was there this afternoon and I saw a bloke with a "Brexit at any price" or some such nonsense on his T shirt. (lol)

I expect he was there for the Barry and the Begrugers concert, so excited at the prospect of your rendition of Ramona the Remoaner

Barryd999 - 2018-07-16 4:58 PM

What happened to kiss me quick hats on fit you girls? All the girls looked like big fat eggs in leggings with tattoos. Glad to see the Naval battle was still going though although they just refer to the Germans as "the enemy" now. :D

You would be proud of me. On arriving in Brexit on sea I got a bone head haircut and ripped off the Eu heart stickers off the scooter. Well it's s long walk home.

Like Scarbados me we did weekend couple of weeks ago ... Not a big fan of South Shore but even Chav types are allowed to the coast ... The whole East Coast is great but does seem to get knocked for no reason ... Whitby , Robin Hoods Bay , Cayton etc are cracking spots ... You'll be ok tha's plenty of folk selling donuts and £1 hot dogs ... Enjoy

Talking of the plus side of multiculturalism here in Blighty not only do some schools now have intruder lessons seems our youngsters are going to get knife safety lessons too according to our Crime Minister ... Islamic terrorism and black knife crime are just one of the major gains are youngsters are benefiting from during school learning time ... Seems it's not only schools that are benefiting , my missus work are now looking into installing alarms and have procedures in place for so called intruders ... Great init

antony1969 - 2018-07-17 8:43 AM

Talking of the plus side of multiculturalism here in Blighty not only do some schools now have intruder lessons seems our youngsters are going to get knife safety lessons too according to our Crime Minister ... Islamic terrorism and black knife crime are just one of the major gains are youngsters are benefiting from during school learning time ... Seems it's not only schools that are benefiting , my missus work are now looking into installing alarms and have procedures in place for so called intruders ... Great init

There is no doubt in my mind that a disproportionate volume of crime is related to non white perpetrators but there is also a large element of home grown 'I want' crime based on it being easier to rob, steal, wound or even kill to get waht they want than it is go get off their backsides and work for a living.

It coincides with the dumbing down of the nation where it seems normal for the have nots to expect the haves to fund their lifestyle either by government handout or charity donations.

Youngsters seem to grow up these days with every freedom and toy they ask for and too few know the meaning of the word 'no' which ill prepares them for the real world where real life is very different.

I don't know what the answer is but perhaps if good old fashioned parenting and (non violent) discipline is brought back to every household and kids get used to the application of the 'no' word that might be a good start?

antony1969 - 2018-07-17 11:44 AM

Absolutely Richard but I'm afraid for those that push multiculturalism the reasons schools and the workplace are taking action isn't because of white crime

That may be so Antony but we do have to acknowledge that white crime exists as targetting non white crime alone would be seen as disciminatory and would possibly create more issues than it resolves.

The whole way that young people are brought up and educated from a very young age needs to be looked at but that seems unlikely?

Tracker - 2018-07-17 12:03 PM

The whole way that young people are brought up and educated from a very young age needs to be looked at but that seems unlikely?

That may well be true enough in some/many cases but the fact remains they've learnt/copied their behaviour from somewhere..Parent(s)? older siblings? their Grandparents even?...

There are plenty of older home-grown, scrounging, "entitled" ( "I can't work, not with my *knees/bad back/stress"- *delete as applicable) types, without laying it all in the youngsters' laps..

You make it sound as if crime in society and folk expecting government "hand-outs" etc, didn't exist until todays' "youngsters" came along... :-S

Hi,

No names, no pack drill, and anyway it's an urban myth ....

The thickest bloke in Country A moved to Country B. The average IQ of both countries went UP.

There, you can add your own place names. If you are very good, I'll tell you about the two senior politicians (No names), and a black labrador.

Archived