My fall

Lizzy

4 weeks ago. Bruised face but no one in the village shop seemed to notice ...... :-S :'(

Last week one 'friend' wondered whether my hubby had been hitting me ..... I've 'known' her for 10 years, we've been to parties etc. together ....... surely she a) knows me well enough to enquire how the hell I got the bruises and b) she knows us well enough to not even consider he's knocking me about .......

'cos the man that does won't live to tell the tale!

My left knee is still yellow and blue: my left rib cage muscles still nip if I move too quickly, still can't lift the ironing board ...... oh dear ;-) ..... or push a hoe ........ or lift a shopping bag.

Actually I can't drive far yet either but no one in the village has offered ........ :-(

Lizzy,

Wonder why people always want to see the worst in people funny world.

Perhaps thats why I have this sense of humour I would proudly announce if anyone asked me MY HUBBY BEATS ME just for the fun of seeing their faces :D when I fell about laughing it would be obvious.

Like you say who in their right mind would stick around for that .I would have no frying pans left they would all have dent's in them still his head would have abiggar one :D hope your feeling better lizzy soon

Once drove buses conveying handicapped children back and fore to a special school. We were asked to notify the teachers of any marks or bruises when the child got on the bus.

I did on one occasion which proved innocent enough, but on dropping the child off was verbally assaulted by both parents for accusing them of physical abuse. (I only reported the marks with no embelishments). Absolutely no backing of the education authorities and to placate the parents I was moved to another route. :-(

How about a word of sympathy for all us battered husbands then, or don,t that count 8-)

Never a truer word spoken in jest ........

1 in ? men report being battered by their partners [that's by women and men ;-) ]. It is not easy for an abused person to leave what is familiar. But let it be known that if ever Hubby lifted a hand to me >:-) >:-(

Have Hoovered today for the first time but still too sore to drive far.

Lizzy - 2007-05-14 2:47 PM

Have Hoovered today for the first time but still too sore to drive far.

I think that would be the last thing on my list if I had an excuse not to do housework - or perhaps the ironing :-> :->

B-)

Archived