Naughty naughty

Fast Pat

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Electoral commission needs more teeth, in order to compel parties to retract lies and admit underhand propaganda. If they had, perhaps we wouldn't be in such a mess now, with a critical few percent believing what they read on a bus 3 years ago and voting to leave the EU.

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-11-19 9:36 PM

Electoral Commission will no doubt be investigating

Tories tweet anti-Labour posts under 'factcheckUK' brand

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/19/tories-tweet-anti-labour-posts-under-factcheckuk-brand?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

What will they be investigating? ;-) ......

The fact that the Tories are highlighting Labour lies? >:-) .......

Or that they've called their website FactcheckUK? (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

747 - 2019-11-20 9:11 AM

You mean people watched the debate? 8-)

The sound bites are bad enough, why would you waste an hour of your life watching crap like that?

I wish I hadn't. Total crap, both of them. At this stage I would say Johnson has it in the bag,

However if you watched the interviews at 10pm with the party leaders that were not allowed into the main debate they were all way better than those two including Farage. Everything Jo Swinson says makes absolute sense to me but she has no chance. Therefore I have decided to move to Provence tomorrow for the rest of my life and become an illegal immigrant. Bye then.

Conrad - 2019-11-19 10:22 PM

Electoral commission needs more teeth, in order to compel parties to retract lies and admit underhand propaganda. If they had, perhaps we wouldn't be in such a mess now, with a critical few percent believing what they read on a bus 3 years ago and voting to leave the EU.

CCHQ were clearly in breach of Twitters rules so i'm surprised they've not been banned. 15 minutes after the debate CCHQ reverted back to it's usual logo.

https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/election-integrity-policy

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/elections/2019/11/tories-conservative-party-cchq-factcheckuk-just-used-disinformation-trick-could-get-them-blocked-twitter

747 - 2019-11-20 9:11 AM

You mean people watched the debate? 8-)

The sound bites are bad enough, why would you waste an hour of your life watching crap like that?

1) I didn't for the simple reason to my knowledge there are eight parties (apart from Independents) standing in the GE.....so where were the leaders of the other six? :-|

2) I agree...Johnson is sounding like a stuck record with his inane mantra of "get Brexit done" tagged onto almost every sentence he utters during all interviews.

Bulletguy - 2019-11-20 10:51 AM

2) I agree...Johnson is sounding like a stuck record with his inane mantra of "get Brexit done" tagged onto almost every sentence he utters during all interviews.

You would think that after repeating " leaving on the 31st October, no ifs no buts " for months on end - and then failing - he wouldn't try the same brainwashing tactic again.

Just shows how much respect he has for the intelligence of his fans.

:-(

p.s. Didn't watch the debate myself ( what's the point when they keep repeating everything ? ) but I was heartened to hear this morning that both men got laughed at by the audience.

So the result sounds like Audience 1 - Politicians - 0 after this first ( very limited ) election debate.

soarer - 2019-11-20 11:54 AM

I’m past caring feck em all there’s no point

They are all talking bollox who the feck can you

Vote for without wasting it be best if no Cnut voted

And went to the pub instead

I'm inclined to agree after an interview I saw on BBC yesterday.

A student said he hadn't watched BBC news for months ( or was it years ) and seem to rely on all his information on social media.

If all our young people now think that unregulated gossip channels are the place to go for reliable information - we are indeed all doomed !

Contrary to popular belief, it would seem that, the less young people vote , the better.

malc d - 2019-11-20 10:57 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-11-20 10:51 AM

You would think that after repeating " leaving on the 31st October, no ifs no buts " for months on end - and then failing - he wouldn't try the same brainwashing tactic again.

Just shows how much respect he has for the intelligence of his fans.

I seem to remember a certain fm on here starting a thread posing the question "Would you really want Boris as PM?" and saying Johnson would "sell his Granny if there was a buyer" because he was "wooing foreign property investors".

That same fm is one of Johnsons acolytes now and the brainwashing was easy as there wasn't much to wash! ;-)

I see your point but..

People gave their lives to get us the vote, I would feel I was disrespecting them if I didn't vote.

I'll probably vote for the Liberals even though they have little chance - out of respect for those who gave so much to get us a vote.

both men got laughed at by the audience.

Biggest laugh was when BoJo said he would respect honesty.

JC missed a massive open goal by not going for BoJo there - dishonesty to his family/friends.. Jennifer Arcuri etc I would have had a field day there.

But perhaps JC just doesn't do personal attacks at all ?- even on the likes of BoJo who I would consider fair game :-S

Birdbrain - 2019-11-20 2:49 PM

Oh dear ... The butt hurts are really hurting ... Will the losers respect this election result even though much of it will have been run on lies and guff from all parties

Why are you always on about Butt's hurting? You seem obsessed with Butt's. Is there something you want to share with us?

Respect? That flew out of the window some time ago now.

John52 - 2019-11-20 1:26 PM

both men got laughed at by the audience.

Biggest laugh was when BoJo said he would respect honesty.

JC missed a massive open goal by not going for BoJo there - dishonesty to his family/friends.. Jennifer Arcuri etc I would have had a field day there.

But perhaps JC just doesn't do personal attacks at all ?- even on the likes of BoJo who I would consider fair game :-S

You obviously didn't see this bit ...

... Proper funny

Barryd999 - 2019-11-20 2:54 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-11-20 2:49 PM

Oh dear ... The butt hurts are really hurting ... Will the losers respect this election result even though much of it will have been run on lies and guff from all parties

Why are you always on about Butt's hurting? You seem obsessed with Butt's. Is there something you want to share with us?

Respect? That flew out of the window some time ago now.

Well obviously you and the hate squad have sore butts ... You spew so much cr@p out of em thats what you get butt sores ... Caring Barry has no respect then now eh ???

malc d - 2019-11-20 12:09 PM

I'm inclined to agree after an interview I saw on BBC yesterday.

A student said he hadn't watched BBC news for months ( or was it years ) and seem to rely on all his information on social media.

If all our young people now think that unregulated gossip channels are the place to go for reliable information - we are indeed all doomed !

Contrary to popular belief, it would seem that, the less young people vote , the better.

I doubt that they would they be any better informed if they were readers of the popular press which seems to be a source favoured by many of the older generation. Where we go for reliable and non-partisan information is becoming increasingly problematic.

Violet1956 - 2019-11-20 3:58 PM

I doubt that they would they be any better informed if they were readers of the popular press which seems to be a source favoured by many of the older generation.

Where we go for reliable and non-partisan information is becoming increasingly problematic.

I agree, but the 'popular press ' at least has some sort of regulation, however poor - whereas social media is wide open to lies - mostly anonymously posted.

Earlier on TV I saw Dominic Raab confronted about the Tories deception on Twitter last night, and he just confirmed that he didn't think the truth was all that important.

I don't know if he was just speaking for himself or the whole Tory party.

Where have all our 'statesmen' gone ?

malc d - 2019-11-20 4:09 PM

I doubt that they would they be any better informed if they were readers of the popular press which seems to be a source favoured by many of the older generation.

Where we go for reliable and non-partisan information is becoming increasingly problematic.

I agree, but the 'popular press ' at least has some sort of regulation, however poor - whereas social media is wide open to lies - mostly anonymously posted.

Earlier on TV I saw Dominic Raab confronted about the Tories deception on Twitter last night, and he just confirmed that he didn't think the truth was all that important.

I agree with all of the above Malc. It is no wonder that the electorate are getting very tired of politics. I do wonder however that the blind faith in the statesmen of yesteryear is no longer warranted. There is so much information about our "would be" leaders in government now that was not available to the general public in the 20th Century. If the kind of information we now have on our politicians was known then, these icons of statemanship may have been dead in the water,

Violet1956 - 2019-11-20 4:44 PM

I agree with all of the above Malc. It is no wonder that the electorate are getting very tired of politics. I do wonder however that the blind faith in the statesmen of yesteryear is no longer warranted. There is so much information about our "would be" leaders in government now that was not available to the general public in the 20th Century. If the kind of information we now have on our politicians was known then, these icons of statemanship may have been dead in the water,

Wouldn't disagree with that but wouldn't you think that at least one or two of the leaders could pretend to be statesmen, or even look like statesmen !

;-)

Raab was challenged on BBC Breakfast over the rebranding of CCHQ's Twitter account and he seemed to find it amusing. When the presenter, Louise Minchin pointed out Twitters ruling that misleading banners of a verified account will receive "corrective action", Raab said he didn't agree it was! Yet they changed it back after the debate had ended!

Johnson sacked the few statesmen his party once had.

Archived