New French Emission Sticker

AJ46

Has anyone been successful at getting this sticker? I have been trying, but when the online application gets to the point of me submitting a copy of the scanned V5C document it will not work for me and keeps saying that I can only submit with no more than 400KB.

I am concerned that the French will see this as a source of revenue despite the fact that only 3 cities are currently operating this scheme and that I always drive my motorhome around cities rather than enter.

Is it really necessary?

hi AJ46,

I applied for and received one just before our trip to France a couple of months ago.You have to compress the file to 400kb as said but it is just page 2 of you V5C thats required.

Whether you need depends where you are going but I got one in case we ended up somewhere by accident. We spent 5 weeks in Provence and did not see any other cars displaying. For the cost I would get one as they say more and more cities are applying emission zone charges.

cheers

derek

AJ46 - 2017-07-29 4:30 PM

Has anyone been successful at getting this sticker? I have been trying, but when the online application gets to the point of me submitting a copy of the scanned V5C document it will not work for me and keeps saying that I can only submit with no more than 400KB.

I am concerned that the French will see this as a source of revenue despite the fact that only 3 cities are currently operating this scheme and that I always drive my motorhome around cities rather than enter.

Is it really necessary?

Of course it's not necessary if you're not planning to visit Paris, Lyon or Grenoble.

Archived