New Home Office

michele

Guest starspirit

But to offset that have you seen non driver Jock Alistair Darling's plans for road tax and purchase tax for next year's budget.

If Campbell can win on the back of that he needs real help!

I personally don't care if they change the law or not. If some thieving scrote gets in my house and I catch him/her they are going to get a right good hiding. I would rather go to jail for protecting my family than end up with some lowlife's knife in my back. Attack first and ask questions after is my motto in these circumstances. >:-( >:-(

starspirit - 2007-09-27 7:51 PM

I don't think I would be that brave if faced with an armed bloke twice my size?

It really doesn't matter how big someone is if your'e standing with a rifle in your hands.

Personally I think its about time.

sad state of affairs when decent law abiding citizens are frightened in their own homes or even outside . If I saw someone being mugged I would try to help If I caught them I would personally want to beat the Crap out of them and I would feel no remorse.

But the way its been you are frightene to help folk.

davenewell@home - 2007-09-27 8:50 PM

peter - 2007-09-27 8:06 PM

Don't need one, as its a super powerfull .22 air rifle that can punch a hole in tin plate. :D That's if the dog don't get in first. :D

If its that powerful Peter then it becomes a firearm in law and you do need a licence.

D.

Who said I don't have one Dave?

As CliveH said, this is a vote winner. However, that's all it is. Golden Brown has sat in the wings for all these years, watching Emperor Tony foul things up. Now, he can come in like a breath of fresh air and tell the great British people that he has been listening to them. That he will tackle the emotive subjects that are spoken about by the public. Subjects such as immigration, law and order, health, education etc, etc. But, in my opinion, it's all a big con. A change of leadership may possibly be perceived as something akin to a change of Government. Not so I'm afraid. A snap election would probably return the Labour party to power. A clever move, but I doubt if we will see any real changes.

peter - 2007-09-27 9:11 PM

davenewell@home - 2007-09-27 8:50 PM

peter - 2007-09-27 8:06 PM

Don't need one, as its a super powerfull .22 air rifle that can punch a hole in tin plate. :D That's if the dog don't get in first. :D

If its that powerful Peter then it becomes a firearm in law and you do need a licence.

D.

Who said I don't have one Dave?

Well in your own post which you quote in your reply here you said you don't need one so it was a logical assumption that you don't have one. If you do have one then why post the "Don't need one............" bit?

Sorry Peter but you're just not very consistent on this.

D.

The Politicians are trying to have us over again. The law at present allows us to defend ourselves our family and our property. The distinction is only to use that amount of force that is necessaryand proportionate :

-to defend yourself or another

-to protect your or another's property

-to make an arrest

The neccesity and the proportionately test are what is looked at by the CPS and enshrined in the human rights act. I know for a fact that the cops aren't too excited about the feelings of a burglar or mugger who has been 'detained' by a member of the public, but having immobilised the scumbag it is a different issue to then go onto practice your torture techniques on him !

So please - don't have nightmares you CAN defend yourself and your loved ones (family or possessions) just don't use an illegal firearm to do it and don't carry a weapon with you when in the street 'just in case'.

It is a vote winner that won't change anything.

Archived