No Need to Rush Now

witzend

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman

Watched a doctor from Brussels taking about the vaccine roll out in Belgium last night ;-) .......

He said at their current vaccination rate they will have vaccinated everyone by 2024 8-) ........

Seems to me the only tourists going to the EU this year will be British and Israelis :D ........

I wonder if they'll be enforcing the 90 day rule? ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-02-26 9:06 AM

Watched a doctor from Brussels taking about the vaccine roll out in Belgium last night ;-) .......

He said at their current vaccination rate they will have vaccinated everyone by 2024 8-) ........

Seems to me the only tourists going to the EU this year will be British and Israelis :D ........

Did you not read the article? It specifically talks about an EU wide ban of Brits this year.

It probably makes sense as far as I am aware having the vaccine does not make you immune from carrying the virus or at least they are not sure it does. It probably means you just dont get very ill with it. So whilst countries are catching up with their vaccines they need to exercise caution with visitors. I believe Spain some weeks ago talked about not letting anyone in until 75% of its citizens were vaccinated.

witzend - 2021-02-25 10:39 PM

EU insiders hint bloc may BAN UK tourists

https://tinyurl.com/ycwpfwo8

looks like We won't be going anywhere this year

They are banning visitors from any country with a high infection rate.

Seems like a good idea to me - hopefully the UK is doing the same.

I assume that if our infection rate is ever low enough, we will be allowed into the EU.

Bit early to know what the position will be in a few months time.

:-|

Barryd999 - 2021-02-26 10:09 AM

Did you not read the article? It specifically talks about an EU wide ban of Brits this year.

It probably makes sense as far as I am aware having the vaccine does not make you immune from carrying the virus or at least they are not sure it does. It probably means you just dont get very ill with it. So whilst countries are catching up with their vaccines they need to exercise caution with visitors. I believe Spain some weeks ago talked about not letting anyone in until 75% of its citizens were vaccinated.

Plus the continually emerging variants - one of which may prove immune to the vaccine. Plus our libertarian government's convulsions over certificating those who have been vaccinated. Plus debate over whether "vaccinated" means one jab or two. Plus the proportion of people who have not been vaccinated (for whatever reason) who remain as potential asymptomatic carriers. Plus the EU has open internal borders so it is difficult to prevent people moving around.

Given a few seconds thought, it is easy to see the potential practical problems from their point of view.

Then there is that potentially embarrassing political problem of people from the UK swanning around EU states and rubbing the noses of the local populations into the fact that they haven't yet gained the freedom to travel - because they haven't been vaccinated. Savvy turkeys don't actually vote for Christmas, do they? :-D

Brian Kirby - 2021-02-26 11:35 AM

Plus the continually emerging variants...

Plus our libertarian government's convulsions...

Plus the proportion of people...

Plus the EU has open internal borders...

Plus the fact that it seems reasonable to me to limit the uncontrolled export of the Blighty virus.

malc d - 2021-02-26 10:14 AM

witzend - 2021-02-25 10:39 PM

EU insiders hint bloc may BAN UK tourists

https://tinyurl.com/ycwpfwo8

looks like We won't be going anywhere this year

They are banning visitors from any country with a high infection rate.

Seems like a good idea to me - hopefully the UK is doing the same.

I assume that if our infection rate is ever low enough, we will be allowed into the EU.

Bit early to know what the position will be in a few months time.

:-|

Exactly......it makes perfect sense.

They don't want the vaccine we are being given

Despite being offered it on better terms - U citizens can sue the manufacturer if the vaccine turns out to be dodgy - UK citizens can't.

Just for you a non Guardian link

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/angela-merkel-refuses-astrazeneca-oxford-covid-vaccine-b921333.html

Unlike UK citizens, EU citizens are getting a choice and, despite already having better than us, are waiting for something better. So when they get a different vaccine, or the one we are getting is properly tested, their rollout will speed up.

So it won't be at the current vaccination rate.

At least our vaccine rollout has been going well because its the only thing BoJo hasn't outsourced to his donors and cronies. Its being done by what he has left intact of the NHS, and its volunteers.

In other words, no one hired or supervised by BoJo. :-D B-)

John52 - 2021-02-26 3:40 PM

At least our vaccine rollout has been going well because its the only thing BoJo hasn't outsourced to his donors and cronies. Its being done by what he has left intact of the NHS, and its volunteers.

In other words, no one hired or supervised by BoJo. :-D B-)

Exactly right! Its like a breath of fresh air to see something become a success in this entire disastrous pandemic. The irony being that Johnson supporters are praising him for this roll out and the vaccine and its the one thing he has had no involvement in. They are happy to forget his legacy of disasters, dither and delay and the billions spaffed to his cronies in one failed con job after another. I fear these people are unwell.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2021-02-26 10:09 AM

When has any vaccine made you immune from catching a virus? 8-) .......

And there was me thinking you were edjermercated *-) .......

mtravel - 2021-02-26 11:20 AM

Plus the fact that it seems reasonable to me to limit the uncontrolled export of the Blighty virus.

It also stops UK tourists bringing a virus back with them which is where it all started.

Guest pelmetman
teflon2 - 2021-02-26 6:39 PM

mtravel - 2021-02-26 11:20 AM

It also stops UK tourists bringing a virus back with them which is where it all started.

Indeed ;-) ..........

We prolly had it in Spain in January as our chums tested positive for the lurgy when they got home 8-) ........

We put it down to a variation of the lurgy that does the rounds every year on campsites in Spain :-S ......

Although this years lurgy did put me in bed for half a day and sent a couple of folk to hospital..........

pelmetman - 2021-02-26 7:37 PM

jumpstart - 2021-02-26 7:23 PM

Merkell don’t want no jab......

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/angela-merkel-refuses-astrazeneca-oxford-covid-vaccine-b921333.html

Stupid Kuh *-) .........

Actual headline should be "Respected scientist listens to the scientists and follows the manufacturers instructions".

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-26 8:10 PM

Stupid Kuh *-) .........

Actual headline should be "Respected scientist listens to the scientists and follows the manufacturers instructions".

Stupid KuhPat *-) ..........

What effect do you think Merkel refusing to have the A/Z vaccine will have on her country and the rest of the EU? *-)........

It's like the Queen refusing to be vaccinated :-| .........

But Hey ho.......Its just another nail in your Rejoiners coffin is my view >:-) .........

(lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-02-26 8:19 PM

Stupid Kuh *-) .........

What effect do you think Merkel refusing to have the A/Z vaccine will have on her country and the rest of the EU? *-)........

None.....they wil go into the Covax operation.

Does Merkels decision affect you?

Stupid Kuh *-) .........

But Hey ho.......Its just another nail in your Rejoiners coffin is my view >:-) .........

So you didn't read the article in the link. AGAIN

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-26 8:51 PM

Stupid Kuh *-) .........

Yes I did ;-) ........

Instead of leading by example *-) ...........

She's hiding behind the small print Stupid Kuh *-) ........

Stupid Kuh *-) .........

France and Germany threaten Astra Zeneca over vacvine supply.

France and Germany citizens refuse Astra Zeneca vaccine.

Merkel refuses Astra Zeneca vaccine.

And people are still dying.

pelmetman - 2021-02-26 8:59 PM

Stupid Kuh *-) .........

Yes I did ;-) ........

Yes nothing screams "stupid kuh" more than a first degree in physics and a doctorate in quantum chemistry and a successful career as a research scientist. Still I suppose she could have got a second class degree in classics from Oxford and spent a few years writing lies about straight bananas.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-26 10:53 PM

pelmetman - 2021-02-26 8:59 PM

Stupid Kuh *-) .........

Yes I did ;-) ........

Yes nothing screams "stupid kuh" more than a first degree in physics and a doctorate in quantum chemistry and a successful career as a research scientist. Still I suppose she could have got a second class degree in classics from Oxford and spent a few years writing lies about straight bananas.

Or about his “semi-sexual relation with the horse” when writing on fox hunting and "lying back and opening her well-bred legs to be ravished by the Italian stallion” when describing driving a Ferrari. Bestiality pervert. :-|

Archived