Nom de plume

Conrad

Sorry, Birdbrain, Jumpstart, 747, Pemetman, Bulletguy, to "name" just a few, but I just don't get it. Folk are very quick to place posts on the forum, but what is it with hiding behind nicknames, and not even giving your real name on your profile? Oddest ( not surprisingly!) is Pelmetman (?what?), who gives his/her name on profile as Mystic gut. For some reason Barryd999 (real name Barry Dobson, brave chap for giving it!) calls him Dave!!

Each to their own I guess, but just curious about this.

Conrad - 2019-11-13 6:50 PM

Sorry, Birdbrain, Jumpstart, 747, Pemetman, Bulletguy, to "name" just a few, but I just don't get it. Folk are very quick to place posts on the forum, but what is it with hiding behind nicknames, and not even giving your real name on your profile? Oddest ( not surprisingly!) is Pelmetman (?what?), who gives his/her name on profile as Mystic gut. For some reason Barryd999 (real name Barry Dobson, brave chap for giving it!) calls him Dave!!

Anyone who wants my name , address and other details only has to ask Bulletguy

Birdbrain - 2019-11-13 7:18 PM

Conrad - 2019-11-13 6:50 PM

Anyone who wants my name , address and other details only has to ask Bulletguy

If you want my name then ask our resident Soviet spy Bulletguy. His real name is Dick Headski. :D

Conrad - 2019-11-13 9:32 PM

OK, thanks folks, that's all as clear as mud now, especially Jumpstart, real name John, of Somerset! Are Birdbrain and Bulletguy one person?!

Good God certainly not!! 8-) Brainless flies under a variety of "names".

My genuine name is on my profile and i used to work in the defence industry before retiring which is where my username came from.

OK, thanks folks, that's all as clear as mud now, especially Jumpstart, real name John, of Somerset! Are Birdbrain and Bulletguy one person?!

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

I like you Conrad.

Im not Barry Dobson by the way. He is that legend Rock Star and way cooler than me.

Bulletguy - 2019-11-13 9:47 PM

Good God certainly not!! 8-) Brainless flies under a variety of "names".

My genuine name is on my profile and i used to work in the defence industry before retiring which is where my username came from.

Technically you are correct. Sweeping the floor in a Royal Ordnance factory does count as working in the Defence industry. :D

Birdbrain - 2019-11-14 6:24 AM

Thanks to the wets on here I have loads of names to choose from ... "racist , bigot , Islamaphobe , blah , blah ,blah" ... Not one of those names when Ive asked them can any of em prove though ... Funny old world

You forgot to add Pansy, Fanny and Tranny. I can prove the last one, remember. B-)

Archived