One size fits all.

jumpstart

I have just purchased some knee pads. They appear to be made in Germany and come with a 30 page booklet user manual,(I jest not) in multiple languages.

Intended use..”they were developed for work performed whilst kneeling”

Putting on kneepads..”put kneepads on knees”

This is perhaps a very good reason to pull out the Eu ,just to save on paper !

I don't think it will matter to them a lot if they can't but that is not my point. You said perhaps it was a very good reason to pull out of the EU ....pulling out of the world's biggest trading block because it was so successful that it has to write 30 pages of instructions etc in diffferent languages. *-)

Violet1956 - 2019-04-04 11:38 AM

I don't think it will matter to them a lot if they can't but that is not my point. You said perhaps it was a very good reason to pull out of the EU ....pulling out of the world's biggest trading block because it was so successful that it has to write 30 pages of instructions etc in diffferent languages. *-)

You don't care about the number of trees being felled for paper pulp then? 8-)

I didn’t say that I was not concerned about the number of trees being felled for pulp, I questioned whether the accompanying instructions of 30 pages “a very good reason to leave the EU”.

Moreover-

1. We don’t know whether this extensive leaflet was a requirement of EU regulations (which if so, those regulations could be subject to amendment especially if they conflict with the very wide-ranging environmental policies of the European Union including, for example, those on deforestation).

2. Perhaps now that jumpstart knows not to put the knee pads on his ears, he could put the instructions in his paper recycling box.

….and finally the “bendy bananas” fiasco comes to mind. I’ve looked for, but cannot find any EU regulation that requires goods exported from the EU to be accompanied by instructions on how they are to be used in several languages. I’ve tried and failed but good luck to anyone else who has a go.

;-)

Violet1956 - 2019-04-04 11:38 AM

Must admit the last time i had anything with a written paper manual that size was over 20 years ago when i bought a Sony digital camera. Most you usually get now is a single fold out sheet, if that. Printers and computers come with instruction manuals on disc and have for years.

Not sure why anyone would need a manual for knee pads. I've just bought a new non-slip rubber mat for my van shower. It arrived today in a plastic bag. No "30 page manual"...i almost feel cheated. :-(

Archived