Parking at home

Guest TC01

My mh is too long to fit on my drive so I park it on the street outside my house, regrettably this blocks my next door neighbours drive as well as my own. For the sake of good neighbourly relations I have always moved the mh each and every time he has knocked on the door demanding to gain access into or out of his drive, twice per day usually. I’m sure you can appreciate that moving the mh twice per day to allow him access is somewhat irritating, so my question is: am I legally obligated to move the mh or can I suggest to him that he makes alternative arrangements for parking his car.

Legal aspects aside, I would have to side with your neighbour on this one. Blocking access to his drive and then suggesting that he makes alternative parking arrangements for his own car is not the way to forward when it comes to neighbourly relations. If your motorhome is causing this sort of problem, then finding a secure storage area would be the best option. Howard.

Obstructing vehicle access from the public highway onto a properly constructed drive, (with a lowered kerbside) could result in action being taken by the local authority and/or police to enforce the permitted retriction to parking on the roads. No one has automatic rights to park on the roads.

[QUOTE]TC01 - 2006-11-13 10:18 AM My mh is too long to fit on my drive so I park it on the street outside my house, regrettably this blocks my next door neighbours drive as well as my own. For the sake of good neighbourly relations I have always moved the mh each and every time he has knocked on the door demanding to gain access into or out of his drive, twice per day usually. I’m sure you can appreciate that moving the mh twice per day to allow him access is somewhat irritating, so my question is: am I legally obligated to move the mh or can I suggest to him that he makes alternative arrangements for parking his car. [/QUOTE]

If Tony needs to ask, there's no point answering - he won't understand!  If it's a wind up ditto!

Guest Frank Wilkinson

I don't actually think that this is a wind-up. This is the same person who asked about cooking whilst on the move and both his threads show no obvious humour. I'm sorry to say that someone who thinks that it's OK to cook whilst driving and that it's acceptable to expect his neighbour to knock on the door whenever he wants to move his own car from his own drive, is somewhat lacking in the grey-matter department.

To TC01 I would give this advice - sell your motorhome now, you're far too stupid to be in charge of such a large, and possibly lethal, weapon.

Finally, if both of the posts are a deliberate wind-up, they're distinctly lacking in the humour that should accompany them.

[QUOTE]Frank Wilkinson - 2006-11-13 3:48 PM

I don't actually think that this is a wind-up. This is the same person who asked about cooking whilst on the move and both his threads show no obvious humour. I'm sorry to say that someone who thinks that it's OK to cook whilst driving and that it's acceptable to expect his neighbour to knock on the door whenever he wants to move his own car from his own drive, is somewhat lacking in the grey-matter department.

To TC01 I would give this advice - sell your motorhome now, you're far too stupid to be in charge of such a large, and possibly lethal, weapon.

Finally, if both of the posts are a deliberate wind-up, they're distinctly lacking in the humour that should accompany them.

[/QUOTE]

Steady on, Frank!!!

With all this in mind,,,and i have to agree with you all....you do find that there are some people out there that do seem to act very selfishley and without regards to others....how unfortunate that people cant be a little more thoughtfull not only to other road users but also to people in general...this kind of behaviour just breeds into others who are sick of being on the recieving end. Happy motoring campers :-D

I dont beleive you have to ask this question!! you should not be parked outside his run in if you can afford a motorhome you should be able to pay for parking it. They are plenty of storage places Im sure you can find one so as you are not inconveniencing your neighbour and getting motorhome owners a bad name. >:-(

Archived