Planning for motorhoming in 2019

StuartO

This is the time of year when I start thinking about where and when for next year and this year I've cancelled my ACSI Book. This is not because of Brexit but because in practise we haven't used ASCI sites often enough in the past two years to make it worthwhile, so we'll try doing without.

Cancelling ACSI is, if you have a recurring order for renewal by DD, a bit of an ordeal. There is no chat line or email address for contacting ACSI. You have to ring up ACSI in Holland and if you do so using you mobile, as I did, thinking it would be part of free roaming, you end up with a bill for £10 odd for the call.

Will we go abroad at all next year? I suppose it will depend on Brexit and whether we get a deal because otherwise the French are bound to create all sorts of diffilulties. They'll probably do that anyway if they don't get their own way over fishing rights. Instinctively I want to switch to Harwich-Hook of Holland instead of Dover-Calais.

I understand ferry bookings are down overall, perhaps because lots of us are holding back on holiday plans.

Having once had similar problems with a credit card direct debit many years ago I now never pay anything recurring by credit card, and where possible I never agree to any recurring payments for anything from any account. That way I remain in control of my own money.

Current account direct debits are no problem, just go onine and cancel them. Job done.

Archived