Pounds on its way up.........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

The markets obviously think Mr & Mrs Unpopular will get their sh*te deal through Parliament ;-) ........

Dave there are so many influences on the value of a currency so while you may be correct there will be other factors involved. eg trade with China, the US situation all seem to influence exchange rates. The Aussie "peso" is an example, it has dropped 5% against the UK PND since December and around the same against the SING$. Now how does that work when we have a strong economy with a budget surplus due next year. Our balance of payments is in good shape as well. Back in the late 70's when I first started travelling OS the exchange rate with Singapore was Sing$2.5 to AU$1. While I accept that the Singaporean economy has been a great success story I find it hard to accept that is has improved 250% better than the AU economy as reflected in the exchange rate. Exchange rate determination is one of life's great mysteries for me. So Dave as you can see from the AU$ story I am sure there are other additional influences on the value of the UK currency. cheers,

Guest pelmetman
Geeco - 2019-05-05 1:23 AM

Dave there are so many influences on the value of a currency so while you may be correct there will be other factors involved. eg trade with China, the US situation all seem to influence exchange rates. The Aussie "peso" is an example, it has dropped 5% against the UK PND since December and around the same against the SING$. Now how does that work when we have a strong economy with a budget surplus due next year. Our balance of payments is in good shape as well. Back in the late 70's when I first started travelling OS the exchange rate with Singapore was Sing$2.5 to AU$1. While I accept that the Singaporean economy has been a great success story I find it hard to accept that is has improved 250% better than the AU economy as reflected in the exchange rate. Exchange rate determination is one of life's great mysteries for me. So Dave as you can see from the AU$ story I am sure there are other additional influences on the value of the UK currency. cheers,

The pound peaked just before the vote to pre 2008 levels, and has been up and down like a yoyo ever since, so I'm pretty sure the current volatility is purely down to Brexit ;-) ...........

No doubt once Brexit is sorted the pound will continue to fluctuate as the spivs will want it to *-) ........

Archived