Prince Phillip Retires

John52

or should I say Prince Philip Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Gluckberg.

He may be giving up opening bridges and launching ships, but I trust he will yet give us a few more words of wisdom from time to time, such as ...

"People think there's a rigid class system here, but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans."

"Do you still throw spears at each other?"

"If you're near that music it's no wonder you're deaf" - to children from the British Deaf Association standing by a Caribbean steel band

"We go into the red next year. I shall probably have to give up polo."

"If you stay here much longer, you will go home with slitty eyes" - to a British student in China

"You can't have been here that long — you haven't got a pot belly."

"If it doesn't fart or eat hay then she isn't interested" - about Princess Anne.

"The problem with London is the tourists. They cause the congestion. If we could just stop the tourism, we could stop the congestion."

On Ethiopian art: "It looks like the kind of thing my daughter would bring back from her school art lessons."

“You look like you’re ready for bed!” - To the President of Nigeria, dressed in traditional robes.

In Nairobi as the band struck up for the handover to independence: "Are you sure you want to go through with this?" to Jomo Kenyatta

"I would like to go to Russia very much, although the bastards murdered half my family."

I suppose we will now have to rely on Donald Trump to keep us up to date on current notions of international diplomacy and political correctness. :-S

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nowtelse2do - 2017-05-23 7:17 AM

Is this the same person who was in the ROYAL NAVY during WW2, and put his life on the line like so many others? But it can't be can it? He has a German name.

Dave

Yep. Sailed into the Pacific the day after the Japanese surrendered (lol)

Guest pelmetman

Compared to yours and Corbyns words of wisdom......he speaks a lot of sense >:-) ..........

At least he's not a terrorist apologist like Corbyn >:-( .......

Come on BOYS! How many of you would like to have it known that the wife was the boss ??

(even if she is?) For a man with all his energy and a people person, I think he has done a grand job, and I am NOT a royalist. Lets hope he has a few more years to go. The queen needs his support to control the family. I do think that now we have a direct line for the next 3 generations, that the Hangers on in the windsor family should be put out to grass! , and go and earn there own living.

PJay

I like him. He's funny. So he is a bit of an old Aristo Racist. So what? He swore at me once on his last race at Cowes 95/96, Sigma 38 class. Everyone including us kept carving him up. A cruiser full of young girls even flew past him flashing their tits. :D This did cause his crew of young fit Navy Sailors to go into a bit of a flap for a bit. :D

Proper Royalist me you will be surprised to hear. :D

John52 - 2017-05-23 7:25 AM

Is this the same person who was in the ROYAL NAVY during WW2, and put his life on the line like so many others? But it can't be can it? He has a German name.

Dave

He was already in the Pacific.

Dave

nowtelse2do - 2017-05-23 11:16 AM

Dave

Dave

Sounds like where people say there are more canals in Birmingham than Venice. It depends how big a circle you draw around Birmingham and count it as Birmingham *-)

nowtelse2do - 2017-05-23 7:17 AMIs this the same person who was in the ROYAL NAVY during WW2, and put his life on the line like so many others? But it can't be can it? He has a German name.Dave

Too busy up to then doing his duty in the Med..........and getting a 'Mention in Dispatches'.  

RogerC - 2017-05-23 2:59 PM

doing his duty in the Med..........and getting a 'Mention in Dispatches'.  

Which is more than any of the Merchant Seamen on the Arctic Convoys got.

Conditions must have been a lot harder in the Med *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-05-23 6:49 PM

Cant possibly compare to those suffragettes eh?........

No doubt after a hard days marching & shouting they went home to their comfortable middle class households knowing they have done their bit >:-) ......

Loony lefties never change do they? *-) .......

RogerC - 2017-05-23 2:59 PMdoing his duty in the Med..........and getting a 'Mention in Dispatches'.  
Which is more than any of the Merchant Seamen on the Arctic Convoys got.Conditions must have been a lot harder in the Med *-)

http://silencedmajority.blogs.com/silenced_majority_portal/images/2007/08/19/trollrepellent.jpg

pelmetman - 2017-05-23 7:46 PM

Cant possibly compare to those suffragettes eh?........

No doubt after a hard days marching & shouting they went home to their comfortable middle class households knowing they have done their bit >:-) ......

Loony lefties never change do they? *-) .......

Don't forget the Fartists as well. If they were around today they and the Insufferablegets would have had a nice chat with that Adolf Hitler chap and persuaded him not to try to conquer all of Europe. Their efforts would have saved millions of lives and ushered in a world of love and peace.

It must be true because Troll52 says so.

RogerC - 2017-05-23 8:34 PM
RogerC - 2017-05-23 2:59 PMdoing his duty in the Med..........and getting a 'Mention in Dispatches'.  
Which is more than any of the Merchant Seamen on the Arctic Convoys got.Conditions must have been a lot harder in the Med *-)

http://silencedmajority.blogs.com/silenced_majority_portal/images/2007/08/19/trollrepellent.jpg
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

globebuster - 2017-05-23 8:05 PM

Actually John, Merchant Seamen were mentioned in dispatches - including my Grandfather......

So that's another assumed load of b*ll*cks I'm afraid

Troll52 made to look stupid again! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Guest pelmetman

Actually John, Merchant Seamen were mentioned in dispatches - including my Grandfather......

The Merch also got medals for their involvement in the Falklands war ;-) ......

DavidGJ - 2017-05-23 8:46 PM
pelmetman - 2017-05-23 7:46 PM
Cant possibly compare to those suffragettes eh?........No doubt after a hard days marching & shouting they went home to their comfortable middle class households knowing they have done their bit >:-) ......Loony lefties never change do they? *-) .......
Don't forget the Fartists as well. If they were around today they and the Insufferablegets would have had a nice chat with that Adolf Hitler chap and persuaded him not to try to conquer all of Europe. Their efforts would have saved millions of lives and ushered in a world of love and peace.It must be true because Troll52 says so.

Now you're just being silly.  They would have exercised their freedoms of political rights and influences of the common man, talked to him politically and influentially .....and then....................and then...........and then.........wait for it.....drum roll if you please..........held a vote of no confidence and got the suffragettes to vote him out of office.
https://img.memesuper.com/990e47df3cf31bdded477f9c271db664_the-anime-club-off-topic-official-forum-world-of-tanks-simples-meerkat-meme_200-202.jpeg

John52 - 2017-05-23 1:50 PM

nowtelse2do - 2017-05-23 11:16 AM

Dave

Dave

Sounds like where people say there are more canals in Birmingham than Venice. It depends how big a circle you draw around Birmingham and count it as Birmingham *-)

Well the fighter pilot that was shot down by a Zero and was picked up by Prince Phillip's ship would have been very surprised if it had happened over the Atlantic.

Dave

I've enjoyed reading this thread very much. Not much to smile about at the moment so it's good to see not everyone has lost their sense of humour. Whilst there are those that enjoy having a go at John I have to give him credit for starting this one off. I'm not a Republican as I think having a Monarchy has served us rather well. I might change my mind when the Queen shuffles of this mortal coil:-)

Veronica

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-05-24 10:28 PM

Yep. France and Germany have a state pension 4 times as much as us, but they must really envy us still having a monarch, and wish they could spend it on theirs *-)

Really?......So Frogs and Krauts OAP's get £400+ per week? 8-) .......

No wonder Corbyn thinks there is a money forest (lol) .......

Just medals they were denied then?

I see I've been mentioned in dispatches a few times myself :-D

Archived