Probably the best Biscuit

Tracker

You must be getting bored Rich!

I hope you are not eating too many biscuits!

Personaly not a lover of chocolate flavoured anything. My favorite biscuits are, Digestive and Shortbread.

Much easier to dunk!

P

Tracker - 2018-07-18 1:13 PM

I just thought that being light hearted would make a change from the usual political agenda based doo dah being posted on Chatterbox of late!

I guess chatterbox will be much quieter when brexit is over!

Maybe we will have some more interesting topics?

PJay

PJay - 2018-07-18 1:17 PM

That's a nice thought, but I doubt it as the usual suspects will have more pet hates to whinge about!

Tracker - 2018-07-18 1:13 PM

I just thought that being light hearted would make a change from the usual political agenda based doo dah being posted on Chatterbox of late!

PJay

Brexit will never be over ... For every dip , slide , recession etc in the next ?? years Brexit will be blamed by the usuals ... Thats a nice cheery thought isnt it

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2018-07-18 1:36 PM

That's a nice thought, but I doubt it as the usual suspects will have more pet hates to whinge about!

Yeah but do you dunk left or right? :D ......... do you prefer it all soft and soggy? 8-) ...........Or well hard B-) .......

pelmetman - 2018-07-18 2:25 PM

. do you prefer it all soft and soggy? 8-) ...........Or well hard B-) .......

You may have your own idea of perfection ....... I could not possibly comment ......... other than to say that I do still enjoy a good crunch when I get the opportunity.

Mark Wilkes - 2018-07-19 8:43 AM

personally I prefer a chocolate hobnob and yes I do dunk them in my tea and do it from the right even though I am left handed.

Always best to use your dominant hand for such important work, you have better control in preventing the dunked bit splashing back into a cup full of hot drink in your best bone china cup, or enamel mug if you are a peasant!

I was pleased to see that you had created a diversion from the usual topics on here Rich. I don’t much care for any biscuit so forgive me when I recommend an alternative favourite of mine that is the pork pie. Way in excess of the calories of a biscuit but so unctuous ;-)

Veronica

Violet1956 - 2018-07-19 3:22 PM

I was pleased to see that you had created a diversion from the usual topics on here Rich. I don’t much care for any biscuit so forgive me when I recommend an alternative favourite of mine that is the pork pie. Way in excess of the calories of a biscuit but so unctuous ;-)

Veronica

Do you still dunk your pork pie Veronica - the mind boggles!

Tracker - 2018-07-19 3:26 PM

Veronica

Do you still dunk your pork pie Veronica - the mind boggles!

Never would I dunk a pork pie in anything, although a smattering of freshly ground black pepper (how very Delia) is always a welcome addition. :-D

I am now faced with terrible conundrums,

Should I switch my allegiance to pork pies, but being a poor pensioner I can't afford to waste the choccys so I will just have to rough it and finish 'em up!?

Should I buy a big pork pie and cut it into quarters in case you get more meat in a 1/4 of a big 'un than you do in a whole small 'un - unless you are a pastry aficienado, but does one big 'un cost less than 4 little 'uns?

Decisions, decisions!

Guest pelmetman

Veronica

Blimey we do have something in common :D ..........

Although I bought one a couple of weeks ago from the farm shop next to Heligan Gardens, it had carrots and bacon in it 8-) ...........

Which is a perfect example of when mixing different cultures doesn't work...........Ruddy heathen's should stick to making pasties >:-( ........

pelmetman - 2018-07-19 5:15 PM

I bought one a couple of weeks ago from the farm shop next to Heligan Gardens, it had carrots and bacon in it 8-) ...........

Which is a perfect example of when mixing different cultures doesn't work...........Ruddy heathen's should stick to making pasties >:-( ........

Think yerself lucky it didn't have a culture in it too!

Bacon and carrot - were they in place of skin, fat and gristle or extra bits?

pelmetman - 2018-07-19 5:15 PM

Veronica

Blimey we do have something in common :D ..........

Although I bought one a couple of weeks ago from the farm shop next to Heligan Gardens, it had carrots and bacon in it 8-) ...........

What a disgrace. Carrots and bacon have no place in a pork pie so I kind of see where you are coming from. ;-)

Tracker - 2018-07-19 3:50 PM

Should I switch my allegiance to pork pies, but being a poor pensioner I can't afford to waste the choccys so I will just have to rough it and finish 'em up!?

Should I buy a big pork pie and cut it into quarters in case you get more meat in a 1/4 of a big 'un than you do in a whole small 'un - unless you are a pastry aficienado, but does one big 'un cost less than 4 little 'uns?

Decisions, decisions!

The big question is whether to have traditional jelly lined or the more modern no jelly.

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2018-07-19 5:28 PM

Decisions, decisions!

The big question is whether to have traditional jelly lined or the more modern no jelly.

Oh deffo heavy on the jelly B-) ..........and I like my pastry like my Brexit ;-) .........

Well hard :D ........

Guest pelmetman

Oooop's double post.......

The talk of pork pies is making my posting finger quiver with excitement :$ ...........

colin - 2018-07-19 5:28 PM

Decisions, decisions!

Jelly every time for me. There is no way a traditional pork pie can be improved upon. What parades as progress is utterly without merit.

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2018-07-19 5:37 PM

How could you even dare suggest a pork pie with no jelly - how else are they going to fill the vacuum, stop the pork flopping about and add to the weight at no cost to the maker!

That ground up animal bone is the secret ingredient that adds the unctuousness ;-) ...........

Archived