Profiles

Ralph

Just looking at my profile (yes, sad isn't it?) and I wonder if anyone else has noticed the tick boxes for junk mail. I had ticked all the boxes (no junk mail please) and not noticed that the second and fourth are reversed. Ticking  gets you junk mail! My own fault, I should read more carefully.

Warners Group Publications plc will automatically provide you relevant direct mail and/or telephone information. If you do not want to receive this information please tick here

Warners Group Publications plc may also email you with information about relevant products and services. If you do want to receive email please tick here

Warners Group Publications plc will occasionally allow selected third parties to contact you about their products and services. Please tick here if you do not want to receive relevant direct mail and/or telephone information from third parties

Please tick here if you do want to receive relevant email from selected third parties

Hi Ralph- This as been mentioned before in the past, it is a sneeky way of fooling the less observant amongst us, one thing with emails is one click and its gone, with snail mail its more infuriating after going to the trouble of opening up a letter. My personal way of dealing with this kind of mail is to tear it up and post it back ( if a stamped addressed envelope is enclosed) it may not do anygood but it does give one a sense of satisfaction >:-) chas

I've got two e mail addresses to minimise the e mail junk irritation.

If I order anything on line, then I use my other e mail address. Every now and again, I visit to delete the unwanted material.

With regard to the junk that normally comes through the door, I also now get unwanted catalogues on the doormat, selling baby clothes, tupperware, etc etc, all of which have to be collected with my order !

It all goes in the bin !

Maybe I need two home adresses !

Archived