Puppy - Star

HarveyHeaven

So I took a risk choosing a breeder in the UK whilst here in Barcelona but we have a tight turn around time once we get home (Brexit permitting) so felt this was the best thing to do. I have definitely had luck on my side though I did have a choice of 3 and choose this one. Star was sborn on December 31st and registered with the Kennel Club on Jan 13th....she was one of 6 (5 girls and 1 boy). We didn't want a white poodle or a black poodle but any of the other colours we were happy with. Star is apricot my husband's favourite colour :-D She will be ready for us to collect 4 days after our return to the UK which will give us just about time to puppy proof the house and garden :-D and get all her stuff :-D Our breeder started a WhatsApp puppy group as soon as all the puppies had owners...3 live close to the breeder the rest of us live quite a way away me being the furtherest. I had to have a telephone interview with Rachel the breeder and send her a copy of our 'CV' but in the end she was happy for us to have our little Star. I've had sight of the 'health certificates' of both parents and now have lots of videos and pictures of the puppies both from Rachel and from the other owners when they visit the puppies. It's been lovely being able to chat and croon over the puppies with like minded individuals and we are all really happy with our new bundles of joy. I thought you guys might like to see a picture of Star so here is one I've cropped just after Rachel groomed them. I'm really happy with Star her temprement is really well suited to the life she will lead between here and the UK in our homes and in the motorhome so she is quite an outgoing puppy and was the first to climb out of the whelping box last Saturday :D she is very sociable too but quite the adventurer so I guess I'm going to be busy from 3 weeks today when we pick her up :D

912141827_Star(2).jpeg.c0316e2e4d0bf59f4b70b74ea34058ac.jpeg

Star.jpg.bf93fed78cdcfb7e4523b562523b085c.jpg

She is a beautiful little dog, we lost our Jack Russell Scrumpy 2-1/2 years ago, and we were not going to have another dog but on our Benidorm trip 3 months later we saw an advert for Cockapoo pups on the net.

We contacted the breeder and 2 weeks after we got home we picked Roxy up at 8 weeks old, she was chocolate and tan coloured but in the 2 years we’ve owned her she has gone to apricot coloured and Roxy has turned out an amazing dog.

John.

6490DCAC-1B4D-49DA-BD2B-045EF3D50AFF.jpeg.c9c4ece30b4f8dbc85a840233ec5771c.jpeg

6490DCAC-1B4D-49DA-BD2B-045EF3D50AFF.jpg.81e2a9b31b4e8ab65b3cc3ad3c1e6a57.jpg

artheytrate - 2019-02-05 6:54 AM

She is a beautiful little dog, we lost our Jack Russell Scrumpy 2-1/2 years ago, and we were not going to have another dog but on our Benidorm trip 3 months later we saw an advert for Cockapoo pups on the net.

We contacted the breeder and 2 weeks after we got home we picked Roxy up at 8 weeks old, she was chocolate and tan coloured but in the 2 years we’ve owned her she has gone to apricot coloured and Roxy has turned out an amazing dog.

John.

What a beautiful little dog...we're indeed very excited now to get home and meet Star on the journey from Portsmouth then on Feb 25th pick her up. Exciting times ahead....the first month I suspect will be hard work as we house train her and wait for her final vaccinations before we can go out and about!!

She is gorgeous! You really seem to have been very lucky with your choice of breeder. We read so many sad stories about unscrupulous breeders and puppy farms that is very uplifting to read about one who so obviously cares about her puppies. You obviously did the proper research. It is a shame so many people don’t.

Hope you have many happy times with Star. Are you on Facebook? If so you could set up a page for her so others can follow your adventures.

pottypam - 2019-02-05 1:09 PM

She is gorgeous! You really seem to have been very lucky with your choice of breeder. We read so many sad stories about unscrupulous breeders and puppy farms that is very uplifting to read about one who so obviously cares about her puppies. You obviously did the proper research. It is a shame so many people don’t.

Hope you have many happy times with Star. Are you on Facebook? If so you could set up a page for her so others can follow your adventures.

Yes, Pottypam, I did loads of research especially in relation to where to get our puppy. I then went on the waiting lists of the Kennel Club and Champ dogs....I choose our breeder having passed over a couple though I'm sure they would have been fine just a word or 2 in the adverts left me uncertain. Rachel was the one for us and from our first contact I was certain we had made the right choice for us. I think your idea of a facebook page or a blog is a really good idea so I'll look into that. Thank you for your support and sound advice. Best wishes

Archived