Real Homophobia From The Usual Haters

antony1969

pelmetman - 2019-02-15 5:59 PM

Oh the Irony >:-) ........

But I guess if folk haven't read the Koran they wont get it ;-) ..........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_in_Islam

Yup ... Those in the LBGTQRSTU community might wanna rethink sticking up for those in the Muslim community who'd rather they were just thrown off buildings ... You really couldn't make it up

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-02-15 7:49 PM

I wish that our non-denominational schools would just get on with teaching the three Rs and beyond, rather than hold themselves out as some form of oracle on all things to do with morality and human sexuality.

Eh? 8-) .............So its OK for Islam not to accept our progressive culture? :-| ........

pelmetman - 2019-02-15 7:59 PM

I wish that our non-denominational schools would just get on with teaching the three Rs and beyond, rather than hold themselves out as some form of oracle on all things to do with morality and human sexuality.

Eh? 8-) .............So its OK for Islam not to accept our progressive culture? :-| ........

You enjoy the freedom to believe what you want to believe Dave so why would you want to deprive others of that freedom so long as their beliefs did not lead to actions that transgressed the civil law?

antony1969 - 2019-02-15 8:04 PM

I gotta feeling that if 300 parents were outside a school protesting visiting a Mosque or learning about Islam Veronica would take issue

I’ve argued for secularism in our non-denominational schools Antony so I am struggling to understand the point that you make.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-02-15 8:07 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-15 7:59 PM

You enjoy the freedom to believe what you want to believe Dave so why would you want to deprive others of that freedom so long as their beliefs did not lead to actions that transgressed the civil law?

Don't worry about me Veronica ;-) .......

I've been around long enough to know that our system will provide for the uncivil *-) ........

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-02-15 8:11 PM

I gotta feeling that if 300 parents were outside a school protesting visiting a Mosque or learning about Islam Veronica would take issue

I’ve argued for secularism in our non-denominational schools Antony so I am struggling to understand the point that you make.

So what about the secular schools? >:-) ..........

Wouldnt be the first time

pelmetman - 2019-02-15 8:15 PM

So what about the secular schools? >:-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-02-15 8:35 PM

I think we may have crossed-wires a bit. I equate secularism with non-denominational schools. But it's late and my brain hurts. ;-)

So for clarity ;-) ......Is it acceptable for "any" school "not" to teach LGBT issues? :D .......

I don't know what you mean by "LGBT issues" Dave that terminology is far too loose.

I return to the first principle that everyone is entitled to the freedom of thought conscience and religion subject only to such limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society in the interests of public safety, for the protection of public order, health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.

If a child goes to a non-denominational/secular school, parents should have the right to withdraw them from any lessons that they find in conflict with their beliefs. We didn’t have a problem with that when I was at school. Catholics in non-Catholic schools were excused RE lessons and went to RE classes at their own Church on Saturdays.

As for Antony’s observation - there is nothing wrong about children being taught about other religions what is wrong is organs of the state telling them what religious beliefs are correct and which are not.

Whether the protesting parents are right that this line has been crossed due to the content of the lessons or the materials given to the children cannot be discerned from the media reports on these protests that I have seen.

Violet1956 - 2019-02-16 11:10 AM

I return to the first principle that everyone is entitled to the freedom of thought conscience and religion subject only to such limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society in the interests of public safety, for the protection of public order, health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.

If a child goes to a non-denominational/secular school, parents should have the right to withdraw them from any lessons that they find in conflict with their beliefs. We didn’t have a problem with that when I was at school. Catholics in non-Catholic schools were excused RE lessons and went to RE classes at their own Church on Saturdays.

As for Antony’s observation - there is nothing wrong about children being taught about other religions what is wrong is organs of the state telling them what religious beliefs are correct and which are not.

Whether the protesting parents are right that this line has been crossed due to the content of the lessons or the materials given to the children cannot be discerned from the media reports on these protests that I have seen.

That is more or less how I see it too and what distubs me a lot is what appears to be the radicalisation and polarisation of young and easily led minds by those with strong beliefs who put themselves in a position of power and authority over those youing undeveloped minds rather than allowing young people to develop their own beliefs over a period of time and their own adolescent and adult lives and experiences.

It seems to have worked OK for previous generations as most of us seem capable of tolerance and common sense.

Common sense - that seems to have been another casualty of modernism!

Fast Pat - 2019-02-16 12:03 PM

Tracker - 2019-02-16 11:59 AM

It seems to have worked OK for previous generations as most of us seem capable of tolerance and common sense.

Well i can direct you to at least one on here who is obviously the exception that proves the rule! ;-)

There seems to be more than one exception although I suspect that in real life face to face situations their actual behaviour and attitudes might be just a tad less confrontational?

Fast Pat - 2019-02-16 12:03 PM

Tracker - 2019-02-16 11:59 AM

Well i can direct you to at least one on here who is obviously the exception that proves the rule! ;-)

Calling someone a racist/homophobic/Islamaphobe doesnt mean its true and it certainly doesnt mean its true when that person being called the names (me) asks the fella/women (you) throwing the names to prove it and they cant ... Now I would say that makes you the intolerant one and most definitely lacking common sense ... Regards princess

antony1969 - 2019-02-16 12:12 PM

Calling someone a racist/homophobic/Islamaphobe doesnt mean its true and it certainly doesnt mean its true when that person being called the names (me) asks the fella/women (you) throwing the names to prove it and they cant ... Now I would say that makes you the intolerant one and most definitely lacking common sense ... Regards princess

A bit sensitive there Anthhhhhhhhhhhhhony? Did I mention you? Is it because the cap fits?

Oh and by the way....Anthhhhhhony, you are allegedly a "man of honour" but you've gone remarkably quiet on this thread once you were called out on this lie.

So when are you going to pay up? Or are you just another keyboard warrior that's going keep posting the racist bile from Russian and far right wing sites, that folds when presented with facts.

Guest pelmetman

I don't know what you mean by "LGBT issues" Dave that terminology is far too loose.

So you see no problem with these kids going to their local mosque and being taught that homosexuality is a perversion and a sin? :-| ...........

Yet at the same time you think its OK for those parents to prevent the opposite being taught in state funded schools? :-S ...........

That's deffo a perfect example of cockeyed Liberalism 8-) ..........

Fast Pat - 2019-02-16 12:56 PM

antony1969 - 2019-02-16 12:12 PM

A bit sensitive there Anthhhhhhhhhhhhhony? Did I mention you? Is it because the cap fits?

Oh and by the way....Anthhhhhhony, you are allegedly a "man of honour" but you've gone remarkably quiet on this thread once you were called out on this lie.

So when are you going to pay up? Or are you just another keyboard warrior that's going keep posting the racist bile from Russian and far right wing sites, that folds when presented with facts.

Princess I know you like throwing childish names but try to act a little more grown up ... Since you graced us with your presence youve been on my case as is obvious to all and one member actually private mailing me to congratulate me on getting another stalker so yes its obvious its me sweetie isnt it now ... As for paying up youve shown me nothing to pay up for , quite the opposite actually ... Maybe I missed your supposed evidence so post again

pelmetman - 2019-02-16 12:56 PM

So you see no problem with these kids going to their local mosque and being taught that homosexuality is a perversion and a sin? :-| ...........

The same view is also shared by Christian fundamentalists so is there any reason you aren't calling that out also? Even putting religion to one side, it's a view shared by some with no faith at all.

Archived