You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  General Chat -> Chatterbox
Format:  Go
Respected reporter arrested
AuthorMessage
userViolet1956
Posted: 10 June 2018 4:44 PM
Subject: RE: Respected reporter arrested

pelmetman - 2018-06-10 4:26 PM

Violet1956 - 2018-06-10 2:34 PM

pelmetman - 2018-06-10 1:56 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-06-10 1:17 PM

Violet1956 - 2018-06-10 12:56 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-06-10 12:29 PM

Violet1956 - 2018-06-10 10:47 AM

antony1969 - 2018-06-10 10:00 AM

Violet1956 - 2018-06-10 8:53 AM

I've done the search for the Wilders case for you Antony. There is a link to it below and if you read it you will see why the government wanted to ban him from entry to the UK and why they couldn't. In short his right to exercise freedom of expression was one of the reasons.

He relied on the Article 10 European Convention on Human Rights regarding the right to freedom of expression (see paragraph 12 of the case) among other things, so it's not the demon law some people think it is. Article 10 doesn't confer an absolute right to freedom of expression as the state may restrict it in the circumstances set out in Article 10(2) e.g. the laws against hate speech are compliant with Article 10(2) as they are imposed for the prevention of disorder or crime.

http://cmr.jur.ru.nl/cmr/docs/wilders.AIT.pdf

Its a shame the met police dont act on hate speech ... You wanna see some of the hate spewed at Quds day marches in London ... Thats real hatred ... Maybe the police are under orders from our Muslim mayor Sadick not to act

I think not Antony

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/sadiq-khan-hezbollah-al-quds-day-sajid-javid-1.465098

Sadiq Khan is asking to government to close loopholes in the law that allow the display of Hezbollah Flags at this event he also asked Amber Rudd to proscribe Al Quds in it's entirety and not just it's military wing. The government has yet to take any action to do so. The government could ban the march altogether if Al Quds was a wholly proscribed organisation.

Interesting to see from that article Mr Khan previously raised objections with Amber Rudd.....but she ignored him. I think with Mr Javid we will see a very different HS who hopefully will be an improvement on Rudd. Let's face it, he won't need to try very hard to achieve that!
I have high hopes for Mr Javid. He's a very clever bloke who appears to understand the enormity of the task in hand. I hope he listens to Sadiq Khan and takes action to stop these hateful displays by Al Quds supporters. Amber Rudd was clueless.

Indeed she was as she displayed at the Select Committee hearing....in fact i'd be amazed if she knew where her office was as she certainly didn't know what was going on there! That said she had inherited the chaos and "hostile environment" left by her predecessor.

Where as Labour would allow anyone in ............

Mr Javid’s parents weren’t denied entry to the UK on account of their being Pakistani and Muslim. Would you advocate that in future candidates for entry to the UK should be denied entry on the basis of that origin just because some who share the same background have gone on to commit terrible crimes? If so, I just don’t see how that view squares with British values that a person is judged by their deeds not by where they are from, their religion or anything else for that matter.

We should only allow those in that we need .......

More importantly we should be able to deport those who's values have proved to be anti British values........sadly that is proving impossible because of our "So" called British Justice system ..........

BTW I can see you haven't read the Koran either ..........Don't you think you should before you criticise those of us who have ? .......

Just sayin .......

I have had cause to disagree with you on several issues Dave but I acknowledge and would defend your right to an opinion. I also respect your view of what the Koran imparts to its readers though I doubt you are to be taken as a Koranic scholar nor would I assume that I could lay claim to be one even if I had read the Koran from cover to cover.
userpelmetman
Posted: 10 June 2018 5:33 PM

Walks with the gods

Violet1956 - 2018-06-10 4:44 PM

I have had cause to disagree with you on several issues Dave but I acknowledge and would defend your right to an opinion. I also respect your view of what the Koran imparts to its readers though I doubt you are to be taken as a Koranic scholar nor would I assume that I could lay claim to be one even if I had read the Koran from cover to cover.

You don't need to be any sort of scholar to know..... that those who follow a book that has devoted over 60% of it's content to slagging off Nonbelievers ..............

To realise that perhaps we ain't compatible ...........

If you don't believe me ask the other gangs leader.........The Archbishop of Canterbury .........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5428849/Welby-Islamic-rules-incompatible-British-laws.html

Edited by pelmetman 2018-06-10 5:33 PM
userViolet1956
Posted: 10 June 2018 6:28 PM

pelmetman - 2018-06-10 5:33 PM

You don't need to be any sort of scholar to know..... that those who follow a book that has devoted over 60% of it's content to slagging off Nonbelievers ..............

If you don't believe me ask the other gangs leader.........The Archbishop of Canterbury .........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5428849/Welby-Islamic-rules-incompatible-British-laws.html

The Archbishop of Canterbury is absolutely right on this issue. The civil law must always prevail against religious laws and there needs to be more protection for those who are deprived of recourse to the civil law by those who would seek to bypass it by force or coercion whether they be of the Muslim faith or any other.
userBulletguy
Posted: 10 June 2018 6:30 PM

Lord of the posts

pelmetman - 2018-06-10 4:26 PM

Violet1956 - 2018-06-10 2:34 PM

I've done the search for the Wilders case for you Antony. There is a link to it below and if you read it you will see why the government wanted to ban him from entry to the UK and why they couldn't. In short his right to exercise freedom of expression was one of the reasons.

He relied on the Article 10 European Convention on Human Rights regarding the right to freedom of expression (see paragraph 12 of the case) among other things, so it's not the demon law some people think it is. Article 10 doesn't confer an absolute right to freedom of expression as the state may restrict it in the circumstances set out in Article 10(2) e.g. the laws against hate speech are compliant with Article 10(2) as they are imposed for the prevention of disorder or crime.

Its a shame the met police dont act on hate speech ... You wanna see some of the hate spewed at Quds day marches in London ... Thats real hatred ... Maybe the police are under orders from our Muslim mayor Sadick not to act

I think not Antony

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/sadiq-khan-hezbollah-al-quds-day-sajid-javid-1.465098

Sadiq Khan is asking to government to close loopholes in the law that allow the display of Hezbollah Flags at this event he also asked Amber Rudd to proscribe Al Quds in it's entirety and not just it's military wing. The government has yet to take any action to do so. The government could ban the march altogether if Al Quds was a wholly proscribed organisation.

Interesting to see from that article Mr Khan previously raised objections with Amber Rudd.....but she ignored him. I think with Mr Javid we will see a very different HS who hopefully will be an improvement on Rudd. Let's face it, he won't need to try very hard to achieve that!
I have high hopes for Mr Javid. He's a very clever bloke who appears to understand the enormity of the task in hand. I hope he listens to Sadiq Khan and takes action to stop these hateful displays by Al Quds supporters. Amber Rudd was clueless.

Indeed she was as she displayed at the Select Committee hearing....in fact i'd be amazed if she knew where her office was as she certainly didn't know what was going on there! That said she had inherited the chaos and "hostile environment" left by her predecessor.

Mr Javid’s parents weren’t denied entry to the UK on account of their being Pakistani and Muslim. Would you advocate that in future candidates for entry to the UK should be denied entry on the basis of that origin just because some who share the same background have gone on to commit terrible crimes? If so, I just don’t see how that view squares with British values that a person is judged by their deeds not by where they are from, their religion or anything else for that matter.

We should only allow those in that we need .......

And just where are you hoping to pluck the shortfall of 40,000 qualified nurses and 3,500 midwives from that your Brexit hounded out of the country?

More importantly we should be able to deport those who's values have proved to be anti British values........sadly that is proving impossible because of our "So" called British Justice system ..........

Hhmm yes, such as the topic of this thread. We should deport him to an uninhabited island where he can be as lawless as he cares to be.

BTW I can see you haven't read the Koran either ..........Don't you think you should before you criticise those of us who have ? .......

Just sayin .......

Next to 'just sayin', this is your favourite mantra you keep chanting like a parrot. What on earth 'reading the Quran' has anything remotely connected to what Veronica posted is beyond me.
userBulletguy
Posted: 10 June 2018 6:34 PM

Lord of the posts

pelmetman - 2018-06-10 4:30 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-06-10 3:23 PM

pelmetman - 2018-06-10 3:14 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-06-10 2:52 PM

I think not Antony

Really.........are you sure about that? You really ought to think flippant statements out before posting!!!

Who gave support and sanctuary to one of the worlds most evil dictators, Pinochet, who oversaw a brutal regime which murdered thousands and interred and tortured many more, with thousands "disappeared". During his 17 year rule he embezzled through tax fraud $28million.

And who welcomed him into the UK???

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/tories-have-forgotten-that-thatcher-wasnt-just-a-terrorist-sympathiser-but-close-friends-with-one-10507850.html

He came in useful with the Falklands didn't he? ............

Where as Corbyn is chums with IRA terrorists.......Hezbolah terrorists.......Putin etc etc etc ........

Maybe YOU need to think for a change Bullet .........

Oh dear.........what size foot are you because you certainly can't help putting it in your mouth every time you post!!!

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/dup-conservatives-northern-ireland-coalition-ulster-defence-association-paramilitaries-peace-process-a7782631.html

Yawn...... more Independent Remoaner propaganda ........

"There is no suggestion that the DUP actively sought the endorsement from the group or that it in turn supports the UDA."

BTW how many did Jezza's IRA mates murder?.........Just askin .......

Yawn.........more rabid Brexsh*ter clap trap from the Mad Hatter.
userpelmetman
Posted: 10 June 2018 7:10 PM

Walks with the gods

Bulletguy - 2018-06-10 6:34 PM

pelmetman - 2018-06-10 4:30 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-06-10 3:23 PM

pelmetman - 2018-06-10 3:14 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-06-10 2:52 PM

I think not Antony

Really.........are you sure about that? You really ought to think flippant statements out before posting!!!

Who gave support and sanctuary to one of the worlds most evil dictators, Pinochet, who oversaw a brutal regime which murdered thousands and interred and tortured many more, with thousands "disappeared". During his 17 year rule he embezzled through tax fraud $28million.

And who welcomed him into the UK???

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/tories-have-forgotten-that-thatcher-wasnt-just-a-terrorist-sympathiser-but-close-friends-with-one-10507850.html

He came in useful with the Falklands didn't he? ............

Where as Corbyn is chums with IRA terrorists.......Hezbolah terrorists.......Putin etc etc etc ........

Maybe YOU need to think for a change Bullet .........

Oh dear.........what size foot are you because you certainly can't help putting it in your mouth every time you post!!!

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/dup-conservatives-northern-ireland-coalition-ulster-defence-association-paramilitaries-peace-process-a7782631.html

Yawn...... more Independent Remoaner propaganda ........

"There is no suggestion that the DUP actively sought the endorsement from the group or that it in turn supports the UDA."

BTW how many did Jezza's IRA mates murder?.........Just askin .......

Yawn.........more rabid Brexsh*ter clap trap from the Mad Hatter.

So you did the sums .........

userantony1969
Posted: 10 June 2018 8:12 PM

Legendary contributor

I think not Antony

Give up ... Sadicks happy to pretend to pass the buck ... Hes more than Muslim happy to have the Quds march ... Hes happy to tell us to mass protest at POTUS Trumps visit but I aint hearing him say the same against real hate ... Sadicks a weasel
userantony1969
Posted: 10 June 2018 8:14 PM

Legendary contributor

Bulletguy - 2018-06-10 12:01 PM

antony1969 - 2018-06-09 7:44 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-06-09 7:33 PM

antony1969 - 2018-06-09 7:14 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-06-09 6:55 PM

antony1969 - 2018-06-09 4:14 PM

Wow ... https://twitter.com/VervimaMedia/status/1005451741100249094 On top of other marches in the UK , Australia , Belgium supporting Mr Robinson ... Geert Wilders is due to make a speech xxx ... The free Tommy Robinson petition been signed by over 600.000 and still rising ... Hes better and bigger now than ever before and those who've tried continuously to shut him down have scored a spectacular own goal ...

600,000 buffoons who have no concept or grasp of basic British law......something you Brexiteers championed as "British justice for British people" but trash the minute you cannot have your own way.

What on earth was the language that crowd of 'ooligans' were 'communicating' in? Certainly not English.....maybe Martian or something? If Wilders hopes to make a 'speech' he may as well use his native language as none of that rabble speak English.

Thanks to all who signed on here xxx

That's just you then!

Think those "buffoons" have a better "grasp" of basic British law than those dirty Muslim gangs you seem to prefer to defend.

I don't defend anyone breaking the law (please post quotes where i have).....including those who openly state on a public forum they will "drive their vehicle on the pavement at the next lot of school teachers they see on strike".

The crowd of "ooligans" were singing Oh Tommy Tommy ... Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy Robinson ... Sounds good dont it ???

It's rather childish and not what i expect to hear from adults but i suppose it appeals to the not so bright.

Not quite getting why singing out the name of the person your on the demo to defend is "childish" ... Maybe you can enlighten me ??? ...

I gave up "enlightening" you long ago.....you're beyond help!

Allahu Akbar sounds much more martian to me when shouted out...

No different to "Gott ist großartig" (German), "Bóg jest wspanialy" (Polish), and so on. British tend to use the expression more as a means of blasphemy which is quite sad given we are predominantly a Christian country.

"British" ... You mean Muslims use it ... God is Great when they are bombing , raping , knifing , shooting etc etc
userantony1969
Posted: 10 June 2018 8:43 PM

Legendary contributor

Looks like the police were provoking peaceful protesters at Mr Robinsons march ... https://twitter.com/varuprole/status/1005489637845061632 ... It sits with what Ive been told about the trouble today by some who were at that march ... Prolly under instruction from Mizz Dick to get a response from the crowd ... Very sad
userpelmetman
Posted: 10 June 2018 9:05 PM

Walks with the gods

Violet1956 - 2018-06-10 6:28 PM

pelmetman - 2018-06-10 5:33 PM

The Archbishop of Canterbury is absolutely right on this issue. The civil law must always prevail against religious laws and there needs to be more protection for those who are deprived of recourse to the civil law by those who would seek to bypass it by force or coercion whether they be of the Muslim faith or any other.

I hope your right .........at the moment the Jury's out .........

userpelmetman
Posted: 10 June 2018 9:16 PM

Walks with the gods

Violet1956 - 2018-06-02 7:05 PM
Mr Robinson has big following, it is not beyond contemplation that he could have funded any challenge to the imposition of the reporting restrictions that were imposed in respect of this case rather than resort to the behaviour that put him in jail.

Looks like the local rag was unsuccessful in November ...........

"13:28
Reporting restrictions
We understand the trial will carry reporting restrictions which would only allow any reporting on conclusion of the case. If an order is raised we will challenge it."

https://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/ten-not-guilty-operation-tendersea-13878881

Edited by pelmetman 2018-06-10 9:20 PM
userBarryd999
Posted: 10 June 2018 10:18 PM

Forum master

antony1969 - 2018-06-10 8:43 PM

Looks like the police were provoking peaceful protesters at Mr Robinsons march ... https://twitter.com/varuprole/status/1005489637845061632 ... It sits with what Ive been told about the trouble today by some who were at that march ... Prolly under instruction from Mizz Dick to get a response from the crowd ... Very sad

Brexit Stan? FFS.

Those Ruffians were clearly bad men as I saw one of them batter a Policeman over the head with a Cardboard "Free Tommy" (Spelt incorrectly) sign and the Policeman took it off him and told him off!

Then they followed the Police and threw traffic bollards at them and one hit a passing car!!

Lock em up!!
userantony1969
Posted: 11 June 2018 6:15 AM

Legendary contributor

Barryd999 - 2018-06-10 10:18 PM

Brexit Stan? FFS.

Those Ruffians were clearly bad men as I saw one of them batter a Policeman over the head with a Cardboard "Free Tommy" (Spelt incorrectly) sign and the Policeman took it off him and told him off!

Then they followed the Police and threw traffic bollards at them and one hit a passing car!!

Lock em up!!

Yes I agree police provocation at its worst ... Cant trust the fuzz
userViolet1956
Posted: 11 June 2018 8:35 AM

pelmetman - 2018-06-10 9:16 PM

Violet1956 - 2018-06-02 7:05 PM
Mr Robinson has big following, it is not beyond contemplation that he could have funded any challenge to the imposition of the reporting restrictions that were imposed in respect of this case rather than resort to the behaviour that put him in jail.

Looks like the local rag was unsuccessful in November ...........

"13:28
Reporting restrictions
We understand the trial will carry reporting restrictions which would only allow any reporting on conclusion of the case. If an order is raised we will challenge it."

https://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/ten-not-guilty-operation-tendersea-13878881

Dave, this report is from 2017 November about a plea and directions hearing and the defendants are identified by name together with the charges they face. Are they are the same defendants that Tommy Robinson was filming recently? If so, it looks like what you say is correct and it is likely they tried to challenge further reporting restrictions that were imposed subsequently and failed to get them lifted. The paper would know why they were made because when they make the application the reasons would have to be given by the court so that they could argue their case for lifting them. They will eventually be able to report on why they couldn't continue reporting on the cases once all charges against the defendants have been tried.
userantony1969
Posted: 11 June 2018 6:21 PM

Legendary contributor

Yep ... looks like the fuzz were out to provoke peaceful protesters ... https://twitter.com/RealJessicaEO/status/1005838829608165377 ... Sounds about right ... Go on Tommy xx
userBulletguy
Posted: 11 June 2018 8:10 PM

Lord of the posts

antony1969 - 2018-06-11 6:15 AM

Brexit Stan? FFS.

Lock em up!!

Your comprehension is failing again. Where in that post you replied to does it imply police provocation?

That bunch of boozed up ne'er do wells need to do some work then they wouldn't have time or energy for fooling around like loonies.
userantony1969
Posted: 11 June 2018 8:48 PM

Legendary contributor

Bulletguy - 2018-06-11 8:10 PM

antony1969 - 2018-06-11 6:15 AM

Brexit Stan? FFS.

Lock em up!!

Your comprehension is failing again. Where in that post you replied to does it imply police provocation?

That bunch of boozed up ne'er do wells need to do some work then they wouldn't have time or energy for fooling around like loonies.

Dont see no booze and how dy'a know they dont work ???
userantony1969
Posted: 13 June 2018 12:36 PM

Legendary contributor

More sentenced in a separate case similar to that Mr Robinson was reporting on ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-44456610 ... Poor girls
userpelmetman
Posted: 13 June 2018 3:38 PM

Walks with the gods

antony1969 - 2018-06-13 12:36 PM

More sentenced in a separate case similar to that Mr Robinson was reporting on ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-44456610 ... Poor girls

So another trial where reporting was restricted until after the verdict .........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-43561489

What can the reason be for giving them preferential treatment to white folks I wonder? ........

userBulletguy
Posted: 13 June 2018 4:19 PM

Lord of the posts

pelmetman - 2018-06-13 3:38 PM

So another trial where reporting was restricted until after the verdict .........

What can the reason be for giving them preferential treatment to white folks I wonder? ........

Protection of the victim/s you clown, as well as securing a safe conviction. How many times has this been pointed out to you now? I've linked to it and also Veronica. Or would you prefer a mistrial gets called and the victim/s forced to go through it all over again?

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/reporting-restrictions-children-and-young-people-victims-witnesses-and-defendants
userantony1969
Posted: 13 June 2018 5:21 PM

Legendary contributor

Wow ... 84% ... https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/quilliam-grooming-gangs-report-asian-abuse-rotherham-rochdale-newcastle-a8101941.html ... Tell me again what percentage of our population is Muslim ???
userantony1969
Posted: 13 June 2018 5:24 PM

Legendary contributor

Oh Lordy whats going on ... https://twitter.com/NickGriffinBU/status/1006871558516813824
userantony1969
Posted: 13 June 2018 5:45 PM

Legendary contributor

Bulletguy - 2018-06-13 4:19 PM

Protection of the victim/s you clown, as well as securing a safe conviction. How many times has this been pointed out to you now? I've linked to it and also Veronica. Or would you prefer a mistrial gets called and the victim/s forced to go through it all over again?

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/reporting-restrictions-children-and-young-people-victims-witnesses-and-defendants

No reporting restrictions ... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06/13/jonathan-king-used-fame-lure-young-boys-daimler-sexually-abusing/ ... Wonder why ???
userBulletguy
Posted: 13 June 2018 6:58 PM

Lord of the posts

antony1969 - 2018-06-13 5:45 PM

No reporting restrictions ... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06/13/jonathan-king-used-fame-lure-young-boys-daimler-sexually-abusing/ ... Wonder why ???

Actually there were initially and only lifted when the prosecution decided not to proceed with his other cases.

"King had been convicted of the six offences in September of this year but the trial could not be reported until today because he had faced three other trials for similar offences.

Today, however, following a meeting between lawyers and police, the court was told that it had been decided that the prosecution would not proceed with the other cases, and reporting restrictions were lifted."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/nov/21/childprotection.society
userantony1969
Posted: 13 June 2018 7:02 PM

Legendary contributor

Bulletguy - 2018-06-13 6:58 PM

Actually there were initially and only lifted when the prosecution decided not to proceed with his other cases.

"King had been convicted of the six offences in September of this year but the trial could not be reported until today because he had faced three other trials for similar offences.

Today, however, following a meeting between lawyers and police, the court was told that it had been decided that the prosecution would not proceed with the other cases, and reporting restrictions were lifted."

Thankyou ... That just goes to show its one rule for one and another for those Muslim sex gang offenders who prey on underage white girls up and down the country
userViolet1956
Posted: 13 June 2018 7:27 PM

It is most probably because it is alleged that Jonathan King was acting alone and all the charges can be brought against him in one trial therefore there are no reporting restrictions. In contrast people who are alleged to have been involved in multiple offences including conspiracy to commit those offences with others often can’t be tried for all of them at the same time. It may simply be impracticable or undesirable. There may be a real danger that a jury could be overwhelmed if faced with too many variables regarding who did what when and who else was involved. Use your imagination Antony and think of the possible permutations. 10-12 men, maybe more, and several victims in cases like these. If you are protecting victims against the trauma of giving evidence at more than one trial then you would have to be careful about what charges should be tried first and who should face them. If any of the defendants are convicted in the first trial then their convictions may be relevant in a jury’s consideration of the evidence in any subsequent trial(s) that relate to further charges against them for similar offences but how relevant those convictions are can’t be established until the subsequent trial or trials take place - hence the need for reporting restrictions in relation to the first trial.

You may have good reason to hold Tommy Robinson in high regard in relation to his other campaigns who knows? But your support for him in this instance appears to me to be entirely misplaced.
userBulletguy
Posted: 13 June 2018 7:33 PM

Lord of the posts

antony1969 - 2018-06-13 7:02 PM

Thankyou ... That just goes to show its one rule for one and another for those Muslim sex gang offenders who prey on underage white girls up and down the country

Not at all. As in the case of the King trial reporting restrictions were in place and only lifted when prosecution decided not to proceed with the other charges.

No two trials or cases are identical even though the charges may be similar. That CPS link i posted explains the reasons why reporting restrictions may be imposed. I suggest you read through it to get a better understanding. If you won't read that here is an 'easy read' shortened version.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/academy/en/articles/art20130702112133630
userViolet1956
Posted: 13 June 2018 7:57 PM

antony1969 - 2018-06-13 7:02 PM

I'm curious Antony. What is it about the Jonathan King case that supports this assertion? Only by explaining that will I understand what it is that you don't get about the whole idea behind reporting restrictions.
I wonder whether it is a bit like me trying to understand all about leisure batteries from the posts on "Motorhome matters". I admit I will never understand them no matter how hard I try.
userpelmetman
Posted: 13 June 2018 9:40 PM

Walks with the gods

Violet1956 - 2018-06-13 7:27 PM

It is most probably because it is alleged that Jonathan King was acting alone and all the charges can be brought against him in one trial therefore there are no reporting restrictions. In contrast people who are alleged to have been involved in multiple offences including conspiracy to commit those offences with others often can’t be tried for all of them at the same time. It may simply be impracticable or undesirable. There may be a real danger that a jury could be overwhelmed if faced with too many variables regarding who did what when and who else was involved. Use your imagination Antony and think of the possible permutations. 10-12 men, maybe more, and several victims in cases like these. If you are protecting victims against the trauma of giving evidence at more than one trial then you would have to be careful about what charges should be tried first and who should face them. If any of the defendants are convicted in the first trial then their convictions may be relevant in a jury’s consideration of the evidence in any subsequent trial(s) that relate to further charges against them for similar offences but how relevant those convictions are can’t be established until the subsequent trial or trials take place - hence the need for reporting restrictions in relation to the first trial.

If that's the case then I guess this will be the new normal for Asian/Muslim grooming gang trials ......

When there is a white grooming gang trial we can see if they're treated the same .........

We may have to wait a while though ........

userViolet1956
Posted: 13 June 2018 10:45 PM

pelmetman - 2018-06-13 9:40 PM

Violet1956 - 2018-06-13 7:27 PM

If that's the case then I guess this will be the new normal for Asian/Muslim grooming gang trials ......

When there is a white grooming gang trial we can see if they're treated the same .........

We may have to wait a while though ........

By George you've got it! There's no evidence to show that they are receiving favourable treatment at present and none likely to be available any day soon.
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator