Road Potholes

antony1969

Anyone else's area got shocking roads full of potholes ??? ... Can't remember the roads locally ever being so bad ... They reckon nationally it would cost 9-10 billion pounds to bring our roads up to scratch ... We spend 13/14 billion pounds yearly on our ridiculous overseas aid policy ... Maybe time to take back less than a years overseas aid and sort out our roads

Guest pelmetman

Once the roads are sorted then our foreign aid budget could be given to the NHS B-) ........

John52 - 2018-05-11 10:55 AM

You seem to be agreeing with Corbyn's so called 'hard left' policies of making £billionaire'newspaper' owners domiciled in Her Majesty's tax havens pay tax, to spend on decent infrastructure. (lol)

Eh ... Bit Hollywood that ... Those billionaire newspaper owners employ folk in this country who spend money in this country ... How that's the same as reducing foreign aid to countries who have space programmes and others who would wish to do us harm is stretching it a tad even for you

The amount of overseas aid is a miniscule amount in comparison to what the Exchequer draws in annually from road users. By that i'm including every vehicle type from motorbikes, cars, through to 40ton HGV's and coaches. The tax creamed off just fuel alone is among the highest in Europe. Add VED and overseas aid becomes mere pence in comparison.

Road conditions are certainly worsening though, not helped by governments punitive budget demands on local councils.

antony1969 - 2018-05-11 12:27 PM

You seem to be agreeing with Corbyn's so called 'hard left' policies of making £billionaire'newspaper' owners domiciled in Her Majesty's tax havens pay tax, to spend on decent infrastructure. (lol)

Those billionaire newspaper owners employ folk in this country who spend money in this country ...

The folk they employ pay their taxes though whilst the billionaire owners don't.

Bulletguy - 2018-05-11 4:16 PM

Those billionaire newspaper owners employ folk in this country who spend money in this country ...

The folk they employ pay their taxes though whilst the billionaire owners don't.

They dont pay the taxes they are obliged to pay to HMRC like their employees ... Like to see some proof of that

antony1969 - 2018-05-11 5:31 PM

They dont pay the taxes they are obliged to pay to HMRC like their employees ... Like to see some proof of that

Why do you think they are domiciled in Her Majesty's Tax Havens *-)

unless and until Corbyn gets his hands on them (lol)

John52 - 2018-05-11 5:37 PM

antony1969 - 2018-05-11 5:31 PM

Why do you think they are domiciled in Her Majesty's Tax Havens *-)

unless and until Corbyn gets his hands on them (lol)

Dont know Peter/John/James ... Maybe they enjoy the sun ... Maybe you can answer if they pay the taxes HMRC ask them to pay ???

Barryd999 - 2018-05-11 4:46 PM

I dont know why Antony is complaining. I thought the big plan was to go back in time anyway, lets get rid of the tarmac roads and go back to goat tracks and Horse and Carts. It will fit in with the image of Post Brexit Britain.

No Barry it will fit in with YOUR image of post Brexit ... Lets be honest your predictions up to press aint been worth a toss

antony1969 - 2018-05-11 5:47 PM

I dont know why Antony is complaining. I thought the big plan was to go back in time anyway, lets get rid of the tarmac roads and go back to goat tracks and Horse and Carts. It will fit in with the image of Post Brexit Britain.

No Barry it will fit in with YOUR image of post Brexit ... Lets be honest your predictions up to press aint been worth a toss

All my predictions about Brexit have so far been spot on Antony. You must be thinking of someone else.

Barryd999 - 2018-05-11 6:41 PM

All my predictions about Brexit have so far been spot on Antony. You must be thinking of someone else.

You'll need to explain your predictions because as of now we aint left

antony1969 - 2018-05-11 6:58 PM

You were the one that said my predictions up to present "Aint worth a toss".

There were many. Here are a few biggies, Brexit would damage the economy. It has already even though we havent left yet, The public would not stomach a hard Brexit was another. There is clearly now no mandate for a hard Brexit. The Tories would make a complete balls up of it and it would be the end of them. Well the first part is completely true of that prediction and the way things are looking it will probably tear them apart first before the year is out. Should I go on?

Sorry off topic. Yeah, roads, sh1t arent they?

Barryd999 - 2018-05-11 10:39 PM

antony1969 - 2018-05-11 6:58 PM

You were the one that said my predictions up to present "Aint worth a toss".

There were many. Here are a few biggies, Brexit would damage the economy. It has already even though we havent left yet, The public would not stomach a hard Brexit was another. There is clearly now no mandate for a hard Brexit. The Tories would make a complete balls up of it and it would be the end of them. Well the first part is completely true of that prediction and the way things are looking it will probably tear them apart first before the year is out. Should I go on?

Sorry off topic. Yeah, roads, sh1t arent they?

We've had over a year of screaming hysterical doom and gloom from the likes of you and others , thats obviously going to have an effect on the economy ... The people I know still want what they always wanted a hard Brexit ... No one I know has changed their minds but maybe you could show thousands that have and im not talking about silly polls or surveys which have no credibility what so ever ... To be fair the Tories haven't made the greatest job of it but I suppose they've had their hands tied by treacherous Lords and and so on

Plenty in the Financial Times about Brexit which I can't quote for copyright, or post links to because its behind a paywall.

People like the Japanese Ambassodor who tells us car factory investment has been put on hold until the outcome of brexit is known.

Can't you understand how much a game changer it wouold be if they are on the wrong side of trade barriers, and their production lines can be brought to a halt by any one of thousands of customs beuracrats stopping their supply of essential components?

Who are they goiing to call forr help in such a crisis? Boris Johnson *-)

Guest pelmetman

The roads in Spain are mostly excellent now days, their road building program has been mainly funded by the EU ;-) ............Or as a net contributor the UK *-) .........

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/10295920/EU-wastes-2.5-billion-on-motorways-that-were-not-needed.html

And now we can pay for the roads in Poland if we stay >:-) .........

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/764604/Brexit-news-EU-motorway-Poland-British-roads-crumble-potholes

EUMUGSUK >:-( .........

pelmetman - 2018-05-12 9:30 AM

The roads in Spain are mostly excellent now days, their road building program has been mainly funded by the EU ;-) ............Or as a net contributor the UK *-) .........

That bit's true Actually 8-)

A rare breath of common sense

was it a mistake ;-)

Britain could have benefitted from the same EU infrastructure grants if politicial dogma hadn't insisted on doing everything through absurdly expensive PFI >:-)

Can't blame the EU for that - but I suppose the Mad Hatter will (lol)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-05-12 1:48 PM

was it a mistake ;-)

Britain could have benefitted from the same EU infrastructure grants if politicial dogma hadn't insisted on doing everything through absurdly expensive PFI >:-)

Well actually we can >:-) ..........

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/22/the-case-against-and-for-private-finance-initiatives

Funny thing is Labour never had any problem using PFI either did it? (lol) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-05-12 2:00 PM

was it a mistake ;-)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/22/the-case-against-and-for-private-finance-initiatives

Funny thing is Labour never had any problem using PFI either did it? (lol) ..........

You seem to have quoted a reliable source by mistake (lol)

That link doesn't blame the EU

PFI was introduced by John Major,

Carried on by NEW Labour back in the year BC (Before Corbyn)

nd raised to the present monstrous level by George Osborne

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-05-12 5:19 PM

was it a mistake ;-)

You mean we were robbing Peter to keep on paying the EU? ;-) .......

Guest pelmetman

Where as Corbyn would buy back the railways, the power companies, the water companies etc etc by taxing the rich? ;-) ........

Or confiscating their companies and assets just as the communists did?.......

Just askin >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2018-05-12 5:35 PM

was it a mistake ;-)

You mean we were robbing Peter to keep on paying the EU? ;-) .......

No they are robbing us to pay PFI companies

pelmetman - 2018-05-12 5:55 PM

Where as Corbyn would buy back the railways, the power companies, the water companies etc etc by taxing the rich? ;-) ........

Well if you wanted to know you could look at the Manifesto

Or was your quoting a reliable source (Guardian) a one-off mistake (lol)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-05-12 7:08 PM

pelmetman - 2018-05-12 5:55 PM

Well if you wanted to know you could look at the Manifesto

Or was your quoting a reliable source (Guardian) a one-off mistake (lol)

What?..... read another fairy story? 8-) .............I've just read the Koran :D ............

Archived