Rolling Stones Tickets 2018

Violet1956

The Rolling Stones "No Filter" Tour has begun and got rave reviews for the first one in Dublin. If you go to the Rolling Stones website (not the stubhub rubbish) they have "lucky dips" still available. for £60 a pair + service fees -total £70.50. Venues throughout the UK and some in Europe for those of you lucky enough to be touring in your vans. I've just got a pair of tickets for a London Venue a few minutes ago. Happy Days. :-D

Veronica

Never mind paying £70 to see a load of has beens!! Ill be doing a Rock God Baz tour this summer around Aires all over Europe. £19.99 per ticket, special discount for OAL Chatterbox members. How many tickets do you want? No, dont thank me.

How very dare you Barry. Like me they are in their prime. Seen them live a couple of years or so ago. Looked as if Keef could barely stand mind and I think there was some bloke at the back secretly playing for him. Can't think why they've not given you a guest spot....er on second thoughts.. ;-)

Violet1956 - 2018-05-19 9:04 AM

The Rolling Stones "No Filter" Tour has begun and got rave reviews for the first one in Dublin. If you go to the Rolling Stones website (not the stubhub rubbish) they have "lucky dips" still available. for £60 a pair + service fees -total £70.50. Venues throughout the UK and some in Europe for those of you lucky enough to be touring in your vans. I've just got a pair of tickets for a London Venue a few minutes ago. Happy Days. :-D

Veronica

Blimey.....that's the lowest price i've heard of in a while for a top name band. I paid £15 to see them at Roundhay Park and that was back in the early 80's!

As a Stones fan Veronica you really should not miss their 2016 "Olé Olé Olé" tour across ten countries of Latin America. By far one of the best music documentaries i've seen. It's a mix of their concerts and meeting the locals. Well worth buying the dvd if you missed it on tv;

Another worthwhile buy is this book; https://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Keith-Richards/dp/0753826615/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526736008&sr=8-1&keywords=keith+richards+life

That was my read during last years tour and though everyone knows about the drugs/drink side of Keiths early life which he's pretty much sorted now, i learned a heck of a lot about him i least expected. One time boy soprano chorister at Westminster cathedral which sparked his passion in music, an only child but maintains strong family relationships, big animal lover (the story about one of his dogs "Rasputin" is brilliant), and a fanatical "culture vulture" fascinated by history and different cultures. He's well read up on it too.

Violet1956 - 2018-05-19 10:17 AM

How very dare you Barry. Like me they are in their prime. Seen them live a couple of years or so ago. Looked as if Keef could barely stand mind and I think there was some bloke at the back secretly playing for him. Can't think why they've not given you a guest spot....er on second thoughts.. ;-)

I jest. An excellent band. I was a bit of a fan many moons ago. I'll do a Stones cover tonight just for you Veronica :D I can guarantee though it won't be anything like the original.

I can't remember to last big name I went to see. It just seems both impossible to get tickets and it's a dear do these days. I used to frequent "the Riverside" and "The Mayfair" in Newcastle in my yoof. Saw Nivarna, Stone Roses, Hawkwind and many others there and I don't remember paying much. You could get right up to the stage as well. In fact I saw a skin head at a 999 concert once climb up the speaker stack and do a dive Into the audience. Everyone just got out of the way and he was carted off to an ambulance :D happy days

Dear Barry and Bullet/Paul. Thanks for your responses. So good to know that I am not alone in my appreciation/adulation of one of the best bands ever. "May the Good Lord Shine a light on you". My dearest, who is not generally known for his appreciation of 60s/70s music, has agreed to accompany me. His "dad dancing" is something to behold so I am excited and looking forward to what could be an hilarious evening. ;-)

Keith would have been 72 two years ago. Personally i think it's mainly him and Ronnie Wood who hold that band together, both of whom enjoy touring where Jagger has to be brow beaten into it.

Violet1956 - 2018-05-19 3:32 PM

Dear Barry and Bullet/Paul. Thanks for your responses. So good to know that I am not alone in my appreciation/adulation of one of the best bands ever. "May the Good Lord Shine a light on you". My dearest, who is not generally known for his appreciation of 60s/70s music, has agreed to accompany me. His "dad dancing" is something to behold so I am excited and looking forward to what could be an hilarious evening. ;-)

That could be well worth uploading to YouTube! (lol)(lol)

Barryd999 - 2018-05-19 2:44 PM

I jest. An excellent band. I was a bit of a fan many moons ago. I'll do a Stones cover tonight just for you Veronica :D I can guarantee though it won't be anything like the original.

I can't remember to last big name I went to see. It just seems both impossible to get tickets and it's a dear do these days. I used to frequent "the Riverside" and "The Mayfair" in Newcastle in my yoof. Saw Nivarna, Stone Roses, Hawkwind and many others there and I don't remember paying much. You could get right up to the stage as well. In fact I saw a skin head at a 999 concert once climb up the speaker stack and do a dive Into the audience. Everyone just got out of the way and he was carted off to an ambulance :D happy days

The cost of tickets to see any decent band has risen beyond the ridiculous. That's why I was so chuffed to be able to buy lucky-dip tickets at £30 each. Let's face it the Rolling Stones don't need the money and they are no doubt grateful that there are fans like me who are able and willing to spend a few quid to see then live again when they log on to their website. The first time I saw them live was at Knebworth 1976. We seemed to be miles away from the stage in a fug of marijuana that I did not imbibe so can't say that it was the best experience.

Violet1956 - 2018-05-19 7:26 PM

The cost of tickets to see any decent band has risen beyond the ridiculous. That's why I was so chuffed to be able to buy lucky-dip tickets at £30 each. Let's face it the Rolling Stones don't need the money and they are no doubt grateful that there are fans like me who are able and willing to spend a few quid to see then live again when they log on to their website. The first time I saw them live was at Knebworth 1976. We seemed to be miles away from the stage in a fug of marijuana that I did not imbibe so can't say that it was the best experience.

They certainly don't need the money personally as all are extremely wealthy but the costs in putting on a tour are phenomenal. On their Latin American tour they shipped 60 tons of stage equipment over to Cuba. Then there is all the manpower required just to get the show on the road and keep it running.

Most i paid out for a ticket was Paul McCartney 15 years ago which cost £75. Damn good concert though and he was on stage for three hours, the longest concert i've been to. Would love to go and see Jeff Lynne but each time he's been here i've been away. The dvd is brilliant!

Over £200 quid for tickets to see Morrissey a few weeks ago and he was cr8p ... Worst gig Ive been to in a long time ... Next week The Beat , Selector , Stiff Little Fingers and The Buzzcocks all for £30 odd quid not that the old fags on here would know any of them

Oh I didnt read you post properly. £70 for two tickets all in is amazing for the Stones, I thought that was each. Lucky you.

Never mind all that though. Ive been hard at work doing you a special impromptu live version of a Stones classic tonight but probably not as anyone has heard it before (lol) "Play with Fire". Have a bonus track I done a couple of weeks ago as well. You will need to be a bit of Rock fan for the first one. Needs playing full volume on something decent. The windows were shaking here.

Play with Fire (not how I even set fire to my Jeans!!)

Angie

Barryd999 - 2018-05-19 8:42 PM

Oh I didnt read you post properly. £70 for two tickets all in is amazing for the Stones, I thought that was each. Lucky you.

Never mind all that though. Ive been hard at work doing you a special impromptu live version of a Stones classic tonight but probably not as anyone has heard it before (lol) "Play with Fire". Have a bonus track I done a couple of weeks ago as well. You will need to be a bit of Rock fan for the first one. Needs playing full volume on something decent. The windows were shaking here.

Play with Fire (not how I even set fire to my Jeans!!)

Angie

Not bad Barry....how are you on cover versions? Try Jimmy Page "Black Dog" intro and post that up. :D

This guy was the Stones support band when i went to see them at Roundhay Park in '81. Totally blew me away and soon as i got back home i bought up whatever i vinyl he'd released. Seen him three times at gigs in Brum and London.

Bulletguy - 2018-05-19 10:09 PM

Found you a Jimmy Page "Black Dog" intro cover here. Err.....he's pretty damn good! :D

and another!

I do a lot of my own stuff now and if I do a cover I try and make it different. They are both good but are just playing along to Jimmy Page singing. There is no way I could ever sing anything by Jimmy Page.least not a Rock song. I did do a version of Robert Plants "If I were a Carpenter"

which is about my level. Im just not a rock singer. Actually Im not really a fecking singer full stop. (lol)

antony1969 - 2018-05-19 8:14 PM

Over £200 quid for tickets to see Morrissey a few weeks ago and he was cr8p ... Worst gig Ive been to in a long time ... Next week The Beat , Selector , Stiff Little Fingers and The Buzzcocks all for £30 odd quid not that the old fags on here would know any of them

That sounds like a superb gig. I would go to that.

I saw the Buzzcocks at the Wicker Man Festival a few years back. Totally Gay. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-05-20 9:26 AM

Barry I am thrilled to have personal dedication on youtube. A first for me. Really enjoyed Play with Fire, good job (!)

I feel sorry for his neighbours 8-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-05-20 9:28 AM

Barry I am thrilled to have personal dedication on youtube. A first for me. Really enjoyed Play with Fire, good job (!)

I believe they are mostly sheep

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-05-20 9:30 AM

pelmetman - 2018-05-20 9:28 AM

I believe they are mostly sheep

Nah they're just his groupies :D .........

Archived