Site or stop over near to Tour Du France Route UK

enodreven

We're joining the MCC rally - if you're there, look out for our ancient red Transit high-top and say hello!

If you're not a member of the MCC, there's a Park and Ride almost as close to the route which allows MH overnighting, with "aire" facilities. I've copied (as PS) the e-m I got from their people when I enquired, before I knew about the rally.

Tony

Thank you for your e-mail which I received this afternoon and also for your interest in our service.

Dover Road Park and Ride has facilities for camper vans and motor homes.

There is no height restriction to enter and extra wide bays in a designated area at the site.

We provide complimentary toilet drop facilities and a fresh water tap.

There are also limited facilities in the terminal building where the buses stop

Whilst we do not encourage prolonged stays as we are not a dedicated caravan park, you would be most welcome to stay overnight.

The cost is just £2 for your vehicle and up to 6 passengers and of course that includes the Park & Ride service which operates from 7am to 7:30pm Mondays to Fridays and 10am to 6pm on Sundays. You may use the Park & Ride buses to travel all over the city not just to and from Dover Road. CCTV is also in operation 24/7

There is an attendant on duty who will answer any questions when you arrive.

If you decide to visit us you would be most welcome and we look forward to showing off our city.

Once again, many thanks for the e-mail

Best regards

Colin Perris

Senior Park & Ride and Parking Officer

Parking Services

Canterbury City Council

Telephone 01227 862430

Website www.canterbury.gov.uk/parking

E-mail colin.perris@canterbury.gov.uk

I had a three night booking at the CC Crystal Palace site for that weekend but with the problems of new van not arriving have had to cancel it. But that was a week ago so it is probably gone now. Have a booking for Edinburgh fringe also will let you know if I have to cancel it !!

The Tour sets out from London to Cantebury on the Sunday so a place somewhere on route might be a possibility.

Archived