Soubry on May. All about Immigration

Barryd999

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barryd999 - 2019-02-21 9:46 AM

Well most of us suspected it was.

As one of the main reasons for Brexit was found to be the free movement of people, it's not surprising that the PM is concerned about it.

I doubt if many people will be surprised by this " revelation "

:-|

Free movement was only installed for the Germans. It is because a large number of the population was killed by the armed forces of Britain, America, Canada, France, Australia, New Zealand, Russia ..... I could go on but you get my drift. :-S

There is absolutely no need for it anymore but the Bureaucrats will not change it. The EU cannot react to change, which will ultimately cause its downfall.

Fast Pat - 2019-02-21 12:49 PM

antony1969 - 2019-02-21 12:09 PM

We demand a peoples vote

See I knew you'd come round.

Do you want to join me at the mosque for Friday prayers?

No I'll pass on prayers down at the mosque thanks but you feel free to join all the other mysoginists praying to that fella who married a 6 year old ... Whatever turns ya on

Until Soubry lets the people have a vote and a by election she has lost any credibility she may still have had ... Her constituents voted for a Tory and shes been living a lie ... We demand a peoples vote

Its the Tories that have moved and gone all hard right Nazi not her. I never voted for the ToryKipperEDL party and Ive always been a Tory voter if somewhat reluctantly. I dont recognise this lot. Its like they all got together at some headbanger fascist rave, took some bad drugs and just went mental.

I bet they have fantasies about a grainy post Brexit Black and white UK where their ERG Special Patrol Group storm troopers dressed in Heir Flick full length leather coats go around the streets stopping anyone who looks a bit foreign and asking for "Their Papers!".

Its mental. Then we have Corbyn who has failed completely to offer any kind of opposition and is dragging a party that has some good people in it into the ditch when really considering how absolutely s**te the Tories are they should be miles ahead in the polls.

So this band of brave souls from both sides are to be admired as far as I am concerned and for once I feel like I have a group to support that have not gone bat s**t crazy and speak my language. I hope many others have the courage to join them. Doubt it will make much difference and they probably wont be a proper party, at least not short term but I am glad some politicians still have sense and principles and are not all about themselves or their party.

747 - 2019-02-21 1:15 PM

Free movement was only installed for the Germans.

It is because a large number of the population was killed by the armed forces of Britain, America, Canada, France, Australia, New Zealand, Russia ..... I could go on but you get my drift. :-S

I get your drift - but not your logic.

Why would they need to " install " free movement all over the EU - when Germany could just invite as many as they like to go to Germany anyway ?

:-S

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-02-21 2:37 PM

Until Soubry lets the people have a vote and a by election she has lost any credibility she may still have had ... Her constituents voted for a Tory and shes been living a lie ... We demand a peoples vote

Its the Tories that have moved and gone all hard right Nazi not her. I never voted for the ToryKipperEDL party and Ive always been a Tory voter if somewhat reluctantly. I dont recognise this lot. Its like they all got together at some headbanger fascist rave, took some bad drugs and just went mental.

I bet they have fantasies about a grainy post Brexit Black and white UK where their ERG Special Patrol Group storm troopers dressed in Heir Flick full length leather coats go around the streets stopping anyone who looks a bit foreign and asking for "Their Papers!".

Its mental. Then we have Corbyn who has failed completely to offer any kind of opposition and is dragging a party that has some good people in it into the ditch when really considering how absolutely s**te the Tories are they should be miles ahead in the poles.

So this band of brave souls from both sides are to be admired as far as I am concerned and for once I feel like I have a group to support that have not gone bat s**t crazy and speak my language. I hope many others have the courage to join them. Doubt it will make much difference and they probably wont be a proper party, at least not short term but I am glad some politicians still have sense and principles and are not all about themselves or their party.

My heart pumps purple p*ss with sadness over the loss of old Sourface & Co.......Just need to get rid of Doomanic and the other liberals then us Tories will be back on the Righteous path :D .........

Movement of people is often quoted in the press as the reason for Brexit. I didnt actually have a problem with that bit, my main reason to vote Brexit was because the EU does not work. For 30/40 years we were told stay in to change it. It got worse. I don’t want a Federal Europe. I’m happy with a Common market as I voted for in the 70’s.

jumpstart - 2019-02-21 3:11 PM

Movement of people is often quoted in the press as the reason for Brexit. I didnt actually have a problem with that bit, my main reason to vote Brexit was because the EU does not work. For 30/40 years we were told stay in to change it. It got worse. I don’t want a Federal Europe. I’m happy with a Common market as I voted for in the 70’s.

Presumably then you would be a Brexiteer that would prefer a Norway+ option then and not a cliff edge no deal Brexit? Ive seen a lot of Brexiteers post similar views which kind of backs up the opinion that not every Brexiteer voted for the No Deal Kamikaze solution the most vocal on here seem to be advocating.

Its mental. Then we have Corbyn who has failed completely to offer any kind of opposition and is dragging a party that has some good people in it into the ditch when really considering how absolutely s**te the Tories are they should be miles ahead in the polls.

"Hard right nazi" ... You really do need to get out more fella ... As for courage to join them the likes of Soubry were never going to get re-elected as a Tory when shes more than failed to represent the Brexit supporting area she supposedly is meant to be acting on behalf of ... She was a dead duck and nothing to lose ... Be nice if she did the decent thing and gave her constituents a peoples vote on her future , don't hold your breath

I think a no deal would be a nuts deal. I want to leave EU control. Obviously we want to trade with EU countries and they want to trade with us, but we need our own flexible trade in the rest of the world. Unemployment in Spain,Italy and other countries is around 20% , th EU promised employment for all 30 years ago. Their systems don’t work,they bully Italy to agree an EU acceptable budget under 3% GDP but ignore the French budget which will be over it. I could go on and on .

malc d - 2019-02-21 2:42 PM

Free movement was only installed for the Germans.

It is because a large number of the population was killed by the armed forces of Britain, America, Canada, France, Australia, New Zealand, Russia ..... I could go on but you get my drift. :-S

I get your drift - but not your logic.

Why would they need to " install " free movement all over the EU - when Germany could just invite as many as they like to go to Germany anyway ?

:-S

Because all they could get originally were Turks, who were mostly unskilled. By having free movement within the Common Market (as it was then) they could attract skilled people without all of the red tape. When you are one of the founding countries in a Common Market, you get to help write the rules. ;-)

antony1969 - 2019-02-21 3:39 PM

"Hard right nazi" ... You really do need to get out more fella ... As for courage to join them the likes of Soubry were never going to get re-elected as a Tory when shes more than failed to represent the Brexit supporting area she supposedly is meant to be acting on behalf of ... She was a dead duck and nothing to lose ... Be nice if she did the decent thing and gave her constituents a peoples vote on her future , don't hold your breath

Come on Antony! You had a sense of humour bypass or summut? Brexit is so bonkers now we may as well have a laugh about it. Gove does look like Heir Flick though and he's not even in the ERG.

Free movement was only installed for the Germans. It is because a large number of the population was killed by the armed forces of Britain, America, Canada, France, Australia, New Zealand, Russia ..... I could go on but you get my drift. :-S

There is absolutely no need for it anymore but the Bureaucrats will not change it. The EU cannot react to change, which will ultimately cause its downfall.

Eh..."only installed for Germans"? Where have you got that from? Pelmets Germanophobia comic?

It's a legally enshrined law applicable to all member countries under the Maastricht Treaty. The first provisions on the subject, in the 1957 Treaty establishing the European Economic Community covered the free movement of workers and freedom of establishment, and thus individuals as employees or service providers.

The Treaty of Maastricht introduced the notion of EU citizenship to be enjoyed automatically by every national of a Member State. It is this EU citizenship that underpins the right of persons to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/factsheets/en/sheet/147/free-movement-of-persons

A long but interesting read on the history past and present of it's formation;

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/free-movement-europe-past-and-present

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2017/05/freedom-movement-didnt-start-eu-its-norm-britain

You say there's "absolutely no need for [fom] any longer" so where do you suggest companies turn to in need of employees, some of whom will be qualified with particular skill sets? Employment aside fom has benefited all UK citizens enabling relatively unfettered travel between countries many of us have enjoyed for years.

Barryd999 - 2019-02-21 5:27 PM

antony1969 - 2019-02-21 3:39 PM

Come on Antony! You had a sense of humour bypass or summut? Brexit is so bonkers now we may as well have a laugh about it. Gove does look like Heir Flick though and he's not even in the ERG.

Nope , I unlike the usual wet wipes on here have a sense of humour , you I know do too but I dont think your "hard right nazi" line is an attempt at humour ... I reckon you believe it though I do admit Gove could look like Heir Flick

Bulletguy - 2019-02-21 5:52 PM

Eh..."only installed for Germans"? Where have you got that from? Pelmets Germanophobia comic?

It's a legally enshrined law applicable to all member countries under the Maastricht Treaty. The first provisions on the subject, in the 1957 Treaty establishing the European Economic Community covered the free movement of workers and freedom of establishment, and thus individuals as employees or service providers.

The Treaty of Maastricht introduced the notion of EU citizenship to be enjoyed automatically by every national of a Member State. It is this EU citizenship that underpins the right of persons to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/factsheets/en/sheet/147/free-movement-of-persons

A long but interesting read on the history past and present of it's formation;

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/free-movement-europe-past-and-present

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2017/05/freedom-movement-didnt-start-eu-its-norm-britain

You say there's "absolutely no need for [fom] any longer" so where do you suggest companies turn to in need of employees, some of whom will be qualified with particular skill sets? Employment aside fom has benefited all UK citizens enabling relatively unfettered travel between countries many of us have enjoyed for years.

And exactly who was desperate for labour in 1957 .... Germany was. It was enshrined because nobody objected to it and was not a great problem at the time .... but that was before the EU leaders went on an Empire building spree to get as many countries in as quickly as possible.

The better way would have been to put the EU Funds into the the poorer new members to build them up to a comparable level across the whole EU. This has been abused so that companies in the richer countries can buy out key industries to add to their portfolio then take advantage of making their products with cheap labour and allowing cheap labour into their own countries to help their balance sheets. Look at Spain, SEAT is really VAG (German), FIAT commercials are SEVEL (FIAT/PEUGEOT/CITROEN). Cherrypicking at its best. *-)

antony1969 - 2019-02-21 6:11 PM

Yup ...

... Hypocrites dont get much bigger ... Well maybe Barry is

Why am I a Hypocrite? Ive always said Brexit is a crock of s**t and still do. I never stood on a Manifesto to leave but if I had I would have said by now that its a crock of s**t and despite us saying we would have a crack at it we have realised that it is actually in fact, a crock of s**t and we shouldnt do it and if the party I was in insisted upon it I would leave because its them thats lost their marbles not me.

Barryd999 - 2019-02-22 9:16 AM

antony1969 - 2019-02-22 6:43 AM

Absolutely ...

... Trouble is they are like most remoaners ... Gutless hypocrites

Its the Tory and Labour party that have shifted not the TIG members and by your logic why did Farage not resign as an MEP when he quit UKIP?

No they haven't "shifted" ... Since the election and the manifesto they both ran on what have they "shifted" on ??? ... Difference is with Farage Barry that he hasn't for the last God knows how long been screaming for a Peoples Vote !!!

Archived