Survey reveals 29% of businesses to relocate

Bulletguy

British businesses are planning to relocate some of their operations abroad or have already shifted them to cope with a hard Brexit, according to a leading lobby group.

The Institute of Directors (IoD) warned that 29% of firms in a survey of 1,200 members believed Brexit posed a significant risk to their operations in the UK and had either moved part of their businesses abroad already or were planning to do so.

Large companies such as Sony and Panasonic have relocated their European headquarters from the UK to the continent, but the IoD said smaller companies were also enacting plans. Morgan said a surge of smaller firms had activated their plans in the last week.

“While the actions of big companies have been making headlines, these figures suggest that smaller enterprises are increasingly considering taking the serious step of moving some operations abroad. For these firms, typically with tighter resources, to be thinking about such a costly course of action makes clear the precarious position they are in.”

Indication of yet more jobs and businesses fleeing Brexit Britain yet the nutjob sycophants continue screeching "no deal...walk away". Yep you dumb clucks....they are 'walking away'.....from UK. *-)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/01/one-three-uk-firms-activate-plans-move-operations-abroad-no-deal-brexit-iod-survey

Guest pelmetman

So that's 29% of 1.9 million UK businesses are going to relocate to the EU? ;-) ...........

That seems a bit extreme seeing as only 5% of UK businesses export to the EU 8-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-02-01 9:21 PM

So that's 29% of 1.9 million UK businesses are going to relocate to the EU? ;-) ...........

That seems a bit extreme seeing as only 5% of UK businesses export to the EU 8-) ..........

Do start READING linked articles instead of skimming over. I see you've been told on another thread about that. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-01 9:34 PM

Do start READING linked articles instead of skimming over. I see you've been told on another thread about that. *-)

So post a more accurate title then *-) ..........As its NOT 29% of businesses is it? :D .........

But hey why let the facts ruin a good Headline.....or to be more accurate a barefaced LIE >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-02-01 9:38 PM

So post a more accurate title then *-) ..........As its NOT 29% of businesses is it? :D .........

Title is accurate as it clearly states that in the article and i'm not interested in your incessant crackpot 'tweets' of chop logic every evening when you're allowed out. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-01 9:53 PM

Title is accurate as it clearly states that in the article and i'm not interested in your incessant crackpot 'tweets' of chop logic every evening when you're allowed out. *-)

The title is typical of the fake news and lies peddled by Remoaners *-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-02-01 10:03 PM

The title is typical of the fake news and lies peddled by Remoaners *-) .........

As your lover boy would say, i'll translate that for you....."the title doesn't say what i want it to say so i'll just keep shouting fake news and remoaner propaganda"

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-01 10:19 PM

As your lover boy would say, i'll translate that for you....."the title doesn't say what i want it to say so i'll just keep shouting fake news and remoaner propaganda"

Is the title accurate? ;-) ..........

Are 29% of the 1.9 million UK businesses going to relocate? :D ........

A simple Yes or No will do >:-) ..........

Wow ... Thats a lot of businesses ... We've had a lot of Brexit bad news this week haven't we ... Nearly a third of all businesses waving goodbye , banks going , manufacturing dead , medical supplies finished , 12000 folk predicted to die from starvation , Magnum ice cream shortage !! , chaos at Dover , Gary Lineker writing a letter to the German people telling of his undying love for em etc etc ... Whats it guna be like next month when we get closer to independence day ??? ... Asteroids , war , the sun is guna explode , Bullets guna leave his bedsit ... Lordy

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-02-02 12:42 PM

Gawd!! 1200 firms surveyed. 29% propose some form of re-location. 1200 x 29% = 348. Does that help? Try dealing with the substance, rather than quarrelling over the dust in the attic!

It's the scaremongering headline I'm taking issue with Brian ;-) ..........

Kinda ironic how you don't have an issue with that, considering the issue you had with the Red Bus.........But there again Remoaners never did have a problem with hypocrisy did they *-) ...........

pelmetman - 2019-02-02 12:55 PM

Gawd!! 1200 firms surveyed. 29% propose some form of re-location. 1200 x 29% = 348. Does that help? Try dealing with the substance, rather than quarrelling over the dust in the attic!

Kinda ironic how you don't have an issue with that, considering the issue you had with the Red Bus.........But there again Remoaners never did have a problem with hypocrisy did they *-) ...........

The headline is the dust in the attic.

You're not quarrelling with it primarily because it exaggerates the number involved, but because it questions the logic, and likely benefits of, Brexit. However, that headline was written over two years after the referendum so had, and can have, no bearing on the outcome of the referendum. All it does is point (in words I would not have chosen) to the fact that even before Brexit takes place, it is having a negative impact on the UK economy. That is the substance, 'though I can understand why you prefer to discuss the dust in the attic! The Brexit pigeons are flying off to roost elsewhere. An inconvenient truth.

The quarrel with the ad on the bus is/was that it was before the referendum, and it was distorted to show a fictional benefit from Brexit, in order to persuade people to vote for Brexit. It was designed to swing a vote, and it was untrue. Its intention was corrupt. Another inconvenient truth. The result of the referendum was so close that it might have been sufficient, in itself, to have swung the vote to leave.

pelmetman - 2019-02-02 10:27 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-01 10:19 PM

Is the title accurate? ;-) ..........

Are 29% of the 1.9 million UK businesses going to relocate? :D ........

A simple Yes or No will do >:-) ..........

I see Brians post has answered your pedantry. If only you'd start READING article content instead of jumping on a header. *-)

Brian Kirby - 2019-02-02 2:47 PM

You're not quarrelling with it primarily because it exaggerates the number involved, but because it questions the logic, and likely benefits of, Brexit. However, that headline was written over two years after the referendum so had, and can have, no bearing on the outcome of the referendum. All it does is point (in words I would not have chosen) to the fact that even before Brexit takes place, it is having a negative impact on the UK economy. That is the substance, 'though I can understand why you prefer to discuss the dust in the attic! The Brexit pigeons are flying off to roost elsewhere. An inconvenient truth.

The quarrel with the ad on the bus is/was that it was before the referendum, and it was distorted to show a fictional benefit from Brexit, in order to persuade people to vote for Brexit. It was designed to swing a vote, and it was untrue. Its intention was corrupt. Another inconvenient truth. The result of the referendum was so close that it might have been sufficient, in itself, to have swung the vote to leave.

Eloquently put Brian......i'm afraid i don't have the same patience!!

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-02-02 2:47 PM

Dust in the attic? :-S ........

Perhaps a broom without a Remoaner biased brush is required in your brain/attic Brian ;-) ........

Archived