Sweden

antony1969

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman

Looks like Europe's most liberal country has taken a huge step to the right side B-) ..........

No doubt after another 4 years of EU inspired multi cultural nirvana the left will regain their losses :D ..........

I watched a short documentary about Sweden's issues with migrants last night. They interviewed a local cop that dealt with some of the areas where the problems are occurring and according to him all the violence and killings are all drug related and in the main carried out by 2nd or 3rd generation immigrants or in other words established Swedish Citizens.

They interviewed members of the public and various campaigners many of whom had the view that the once excellent welfare system and public services were not running as well as they used to and a wealth divide is starting to appear and many are blaming migrants for that but its clearly not as simple as that.

Some were also of the view that the increase in Rape allegations was down to the new laws recently implemented regarding what constitutes rape and more people coming forward. Some blamed migrants others said it was not the case and the copper denied that Sweden had become the rape capital of Europe.

An interesting 23 min vid

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bk4z31/our-world-a-tale-of-two-swedens

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-09-10 10:32 AM

I watched a short documentary about Sweden's issues with migrants last night. They interviewed a local cop that dealt with some of the areas where the problems are occurring and according to him all the violence and killings are all drug related and in the main carried out by 2nd or 3rd generation immigrants or in other words established Swedish Citizens.

So if the world's most liberal country can not manage to integrate migrants?...........

That doesn't bode well for the rest of Europe does it? ;-) ...........

pelmetman - 2018-09-10 10:38 AM

So if the world's most liberal country can not manage to integrate migrants?...........

I think they have made mistakes by the sound of it. The issues of the urban working class. The decline of public services, the dumping of immigrants in the poorest parts of Malmo and Gothenburg which isn't good for immigrants or the host communities but Im not convinced its the hell hole and nightmare that Trump and the far right news is reporting from outside of Sweden.

The Sweden Democrats haven't actually done as well as people thought. 82.5% didnt vote for them.

Lessons need to be learned from the migrant / refugee crisis and I think they are being learned. Its declining now anyway. War in Syria is over and we just need to get our act together on our exterior borders as well as within the problem countries.

Barryd999 - 2018-09-10 12:15 PM

I think they have made mistakes by the sound of it. The issues of the urban working class. The decline of public services, the dumping of immigrants in the poorest parts of Malmo and Gothenburg which isn't good for immigrants or the host communities but Im not convinced its the hell hole and nightmare that Trump and the far right news is reporting from outside of Sweden.

The Sweden Democrats haven't actually done as well as people thought. 82.5% didnt vote for them.

Lessons need to be learned from the migrant / refugee crisis and I think they are being learned. Its declining now anyway. War in Syria is over and we just need to get our act together on our exterior borders as well as within the problem countries.

1 in 6 voters in Sweden obviously like em ... War in Syria may be over but wake up Barry Sweden like the rest of Europe has taken in mainly young males from all sorts of countries ... It's too late for many folk who have seen their areas change for the worse to be happy with that old lessons have to be learnt claptrap ... It's fine saying you don't believe things are as bad as Trump says sitting in your whites only village untouched by young male refugee types and preaching about our duty to help ... What you mean is our duty to help but dump em somewhere away from you

Guest pelmetman

Fat chance *-) ...........

antony1969 - 2018-09-10 12:33 PM

1 in 6 voters in Sweden obviously like em ... War in Syria may be over but wake up Barry Sweden like the rest of Europe has taken in mainly young males from all sorts of countries ... It's too late for many folk who have seen their areas change for the worse to be happy with that old lessons have to be learnt claptrap ... It's fine saying you don't believe things are as bad as Trump says sitting in your whites only village untouched by young male refugee types and preaching about our duty to help ... What you mean is our duty to help but dump em somewhere away from you

Actually what I Said was it was a mistake dumping them in the poorer parts of the country, they should be evenly spread which ever country they end up in but which ever way dress it up 82.5% of Swedes did not vote for the anti immigrant party. Its the same all over Europe. These far right parties have gained some ground and I can understand that. The refugee crisis isnt something that any of us want and mixed in with a load of economic migrants that have jumped on the bandwagon I can see why but they never really get that far. Just a lot of hot air and bluster and scaremongering mixed in with a bit of good old Xenophobia which the majority of folk in Europe see through.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-09-10 2:01 PM

These far right parties have gained some ground and I can understand that. The refugee crisis isnt something that any of us want and mixed in with a load of economic migrants that have jumped on the bandwagon I can see why but they never really get that far. Just a lot of hot air and bluster and scaremongering mixed in with a bit of good old Xenophobia which the majority of folk in Europe see through.

"but they never really get that far"

They seem to be running Italy ;-) ..........

Actually what I Said was it was a mistake dumping them in the poorer parts of the country, they should be evenly spread which ever country they end up in but which ever way dress it up 82.5% of Swedes did not vote for the anti immigrant party. Its the same all over Europe. These far right parties have gained some ground and I can understand that. The refugee crisis isnt something that any of us want and mixed in with a load of economic migrants that have jumped on the bandwagon I can see why but they never really get that far. Just a lot of hot air and bluster and scaremongering mixed in with a bit of good old Xenophobia which the majority of folk in Europe see through.

My apologies I'd have thought in Europe's most liberal country 1 in 6 voters going for em was a pretty decent result ... As for the rest of Europe I must be dreaming about what's happening in Holland , Austria , Poland , Hungary , France , Italy etc ... I wonder if all those victims of crime including murders and rape after rape think it's just all "hot air and bluster and scaremongering" ... Your right though Prolly a bit inconsiderate and "xenophobic" to say you've been raped by a migrant/refugee ... Much better to just gloss over that bit

antony1969 - 2018-09-10 2:35 PM

My apologies I'd have thought in Europe's most liberal country 1 in 6 voters going for em was a pretty decent result ... As for the rest of Europe I must be dreaming about what's happening in Holland , Austria , Poland , Hungary , France , Italy etc ... I wonder if all those victims of crime including murders and rape after rape think it's just all "hot air and bluster and scaremongering" ... Your right though Prolly a bit inconsiderate and "xenophobic" to say you've been raped by a migrant/refugee ... Much better to just gloss over that bit

Im not saying it doesnt happen I Am saying some are using the migrant crisis and trying to whip up anti immigrant hysteria to suit their own agenda but the vast majority of Europeans are not falling for it. I recognise there is a problem although its naturally waning as far as genuine refugees are concerned.

We have been down this path many times. Much of the crime is down to economic migrants not genuine refugees. Voting in extreme left or right parties as a knee jerk reaction never ends well and thankfully most European citizens clearly understand that.

Barryd999 - 2018-09-10 2:50 PM

Im not saying it doesnt happen I Am saying some are using the migrant crisis and trying to whip up anti immigrant hysteria to suit their own agenda but the vast majority of Europeans are not falling for it. I recognise there is a problem although its naturally waning as far as genuine refugees are concerned.

We have been down this path many times. Much of the crime is down to economic migrants not genuine refugees. Voting in extreme left or right parties as a knee jerk reaction never ends well and thankfully most European citizens clearly understand that.

Barry to most of us xenophobes an economic migrant is no different to the genuine refugee ... They still need housing , healthcare , clothing etc and I don't think a rape victim cares wether it's an economic migrant or a genuine refugee who's just ruined their life ... I don't get what the "vast majority of Europeans aren't falling for" ... What is it ???

antony1969 - 2018-09-10 3:16 PM

Barry to most of us xenophobes an economic migrant is no different to the genuine refugee ... They still need housing , healthcare , clothing etc and I don't think a rape victim cares wether it's an economic migrant or a genuine refugee who's just ruined their life ... I don't get what the "vast majority of Europeans aren't falling for" ... What is it ???

Voting in far right crack pots who are exploiting immigration issues to whip up support. Hitler did the same with the Jews. Im all for tighter rules on economic migrants although I support Europe taking in its fair share of refugees. What I dont like is far right groups with an agenda exploiting or exaggerating the problems to gain power. As said, it never ends well when they do.

Barryd999 - 2018-09-10 4:28 PM

Voting in far right crack pots who are exploiting immigration issues to whip up support. Hitler did the same with the Jews. Im all for tighter rules on economic migrants although I support Europe taking in its fair share of refugees. What I dont like is far right groups with an agenda exploiting or exaggerating the problems to gain power. As said, it never ends well when they do.

So who are the far right crackpots exploiting immigration issues???

I watched a short documentary about Sweden's issues with migrants last night.

An interesting 23 min vid

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bk4z31/our-world-a-tale-of-two-swedens

Just watched that myself. Very good. The police officer spoke sense and was interesting to hear from a 2nd generation (so Swedish born) son of migrant parents at the end. Same as the Swede nationals he spoke with.

Blew the bigoted hyperbole and rhetoric of a blonde buffoon and unemployed MEP away.

Guest pelmetman

Point of order ;-) ..........Hitler was leader of the German "Socialist" party :D ..........

So they'll be left wing crackpots :-| ...........Much like today >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-09-10 4:41 PM

Point of order ;-) ..........Hitler was leader of the German "Socialist" party :D ..........

So they'll be left wing crackpots :-| ...........Much like today >:-) ..........

Oh dear God!! Have you been on the pish again out in the sunshine?

Just like the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is Democratic I suppose.

antony1969 - 2018-09-10 4:34 PM

Take you pick. Any of the far right groups trying to gain footholds across Europe.

Barryd999 - 2018-09-10 6:48 PM

antony1969 - 2018-09-10 4:34 PM

Take you pick. Any of the far right groups trying to gain footholds across Europe.

Are you calling them far right because they are questioning immigration/refugees and economic migrants ???

If so you must be far right because you've asked for tighter rules on economic migrants in your previous post

Archived