The EU fears the Brexit Trojan horse......

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Guy Verhofstadt has thrown his support behind Nigel Farage today after hitting out at the European Union for giving Theresa May a Brexit extension.

The MEP blasted the European Parliament after Mrs May's Brexit deadline was extended to October 31 saying the Conservative and Labour parties will only run down the clock again.

He said: "I fear most it will import the Brexit mess into the European Union and moreover it will poison the upcoming European elections.

"The Conservatives and Labour will do what they have already done and that is run down the clock.

The MEP blasted the European Parliament after Mrs May's Brexit deadline was extended to October 31 saying the Conservative and Labour parties will only run down the clock again. He said: "I fear most it will import the Brexit mess into the European Union and moreover it will poison the upcoming European elections. "The Conservatives and Labour will do what they have already done and that is run down the clock.

"The proof of this was that the first thing that after last week’s decision was to go on holidays.

"I never thought I would I say this in this parliament but maybe the only thing that can save us is Nigel Farage."

>:-) .........

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2019-04-16 4:51 PM

Guy Verhofstadt has thrown his support behind Nigel Farage today after hitting out at the European Union for giving Theresa May a Brexit extension.

The MEP blasted the European Parliament after Mrs May's Brexit deadline was extended to October 31 saying the Conservative and Labour parties will only run down the clock again.

He said: "I fear most it will import the Brexit mess into the European Union and moreover it will poison the upcoming European elections.

"The Conservatives and Labour will do what they have already done and that is run down the clock.

The MEP blasted the European Parliament after Mrs May's Brexit deadline was extended to October 31 saying the Conservative and Labour parties will only run down the clock again. He said: "I fear most it will import the Brexit mess into the European Union and moreover it will poison the upcoming European elections. "The Conservatives and Labour will do what they have already done and that is run down the clock.

"The proof of this was that the first thing that after last week’s decision was to go on holidays.

"I never thought I would I say this in this parliament but maybe the only thing that can save us is Nigel Farage."

Interesting take.

And about as divorced from reality as the rest of your contributions.

pelmetman - 2019-04-16 4:51 PM

PMSL........you've been at the Brexipress again. I can smell the sh1te that rag pumps out a mile off.

Let take a look at how a sensible newspaper reported more importantly listen to what both Verhofstadt and Tusk said (your BrexiPress didn't want to show you this did they?)

Bullet, is there something wrong with you ... medically I mean.

Wherever that newspaper report came from. it basically stated the points that Tusk and Verhofstadt made. I think you have developed some kind of Mania, brought on by too much excitement.

And sadly ... I am not joking. :-(

747 - 2019-04-16 5:40 PM

Wherever that newspaper report came from. it basically stated the points that Tusk and Verhofstadt made. I think you have developed some kind of Mania, brought on by too much excitement.

Before you made such a demeaning comment, did you actually watch the link that Bullet provided?

No thought not.

Farage has to get a shed load of seats in the EU elections first before he starts sticking a further spanner in the works.

I can understand the fears the EU has to be honest. Its like having a manic out of control mongrel dog on your doorstep at the moment for them. They have shown great patience and trust in giving us this extension. I wouldn't trust the UK right now as far as I could throw them (us).

What I find ironic though is the Brexiteers have been telling us for three years that our MEP's have absolutely no clout whatsoever within the EU and the UK is powerless yet now they seem to think we are all powerful and can take over the place. If the later is true why not send some decent politicians that could actually work to improve and reform the EU for all?

747 - 2019-04-16 5:40 PM

No it didn't. It showed only what Verhofstadt said and (conveniently) ignored Tusks response altogether. In fact Tusk never got as much as a mention in the article let alone the clip....and when you view the full clip it's easy to see why! You and your type regularly wail and whine about 'biased reporting', yet the minute you're confronted with balance, resort to throwing your toys out in a fit of pique because it doesn't suit.

Here is the link Pelmet took his copy 'n paste from. Funny that he 'forgot' the link but he didn't need to put it up anyway as it was easy to see where it had come from.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1114810/brexit-news-latest-uk-eu-theresa-may-brexit-party-today

'A fit of pique' :D

Is that the same as the hissy fits you do on a daily basis?

Verhofstadt is a w***** but not a big enough w***** to support Farage. Tusk however, is a cunning snake in the grass. He particularly grates on me with his well worn saying "our British friends", with friends like him, who needs enemies.

For once I agree with Verhofstadt, the extension should have been just a few days and he is correct that there will be mischief in the EU Elections. There is no need for Farage to wind people up, they are already wound up at the traitorous Ms May. Let the fun commence ... and if it upsets you bullet, so much the better, it will give you lots to howl about.

:D :D :D

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-04-16 7:12 PM

Farage has to get a shed load of seats in the EU elections first before he starts sticking a further spanner in the works.

I can understand the fears the EU has to be honest. Its like having a manic out of control mongrel dog on your doorstep at the moment for them. They have shown great patience and trust in giving us this extension. I wouldn't trust the UK right now as far as I could throw them (us).

What I find ironic though is the Brexiteers have been telling us for three years that our MEP's have absolutely no clout whatsoever within the EU and the UK is powerless yet now they seem to think we are all powerful and can take over the place. If the later is true why not send some decent politicians that could actually work to improve and reform the EU for all?

What's wrong Barry? :-S ...........

Are you starting to see what mischief the UK can cause if you manage to keep us in your wonderful EU ;-) >:-) .........

Especially as we'll likely have scores of like minded Populist EU pals to play with >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-04-17 8:07 AM

What's wrong Barry? :-S ...........

Are you starting to see what mischief the UK can cause if you manage to keep us in your wonderful EU ;-) >:-) .........

Especially as we'll likely have scores of like minded Populist EU pals to play with >:-) .........

Nope. I always knew we had a great deal if influence in the EU its you and the Brexiteers that kept telling us we were powerless yet now you seem to think we can make a big difference.

You depending on your fellow Brexiteers to actually turn up and vote of course. Jury is still out on that one to be honest. They basically have two choices if they want to vote for a Brexit party. Both are extremist parties associated with racism and peddling lies and both want a crash out no deal Brexit. You Jihadi Brexiteers are the only ones left shouting about Brexit and you are few in numbers. Im not convinced the general public will turn out and get behind the likes of Farage.

Barry, our MEPs have had no clout because they are in a minority. The Parliament has been dominated by a large group for a long time and the minorities have been sidelined. If you watch that 3 part series about the EU on BBC recently, it made that plain.

The hope now is that there will be a turnaround and the power bases will change. Only then can change be made. There has been lots of criticism of UKIP aligning with so called Far Right parties ... that is how that Parliament works. Politicians from different countries align themselves with other nationalities with a similar agenda and that is why there has been no change (and no action) in the EU. The EU Commissioners propose changes and the Parliament votes on it. That's very convenient when the Commissioners are 'tight' with the MEPs. *-)

747 - 2019-04-17 12:55 PM

Barry, our MEPs have had no clout because they are in a minority. The Parliament has been dominated by a large group for a long time and the minorities have been sidelined. If you watch that 3 part series about the EU on BBC recently, it made that plain.

The hope now is that there will be a turnaround and the power bases will change. Only then can change be made. There has been lots of criticism of UKIP aligning with so called Far Right parties ... that is how that Parliament works. Politicians from different countries align themselves with other nationalities with a similar agenda and that is why there has been no change (and no action) in the EU. The EU Commissioners propose changes and the Parliament votes on it. That's very convenient when the Commissioners are 'tight' with the MEPs. *-)

So in that case then why are we leaving? If all you have to do is get the MEP's into power in all countries that support your view of reform then why leave?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-04-17 2:34 PM

So in that case then why are we leaving? If all you have to do is get the MEP's into power in all countries that support your view of reform then why leave?

Because the EU Parliament is not democratic *-) .........It has no power apart from a rubber stamp :-| ......

That said our own Parliament is not democratic either........as a high proportion of the current occupants lied to get elected 8-) .........

We wont make that mistake again in May >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2019-04-17 3:14 PM

Because the EU Parliament is not democratic *-) .........It has no power apart from a rubber stamp :-| ......

*-) *-)

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/about-parliament/en/democracy-and-human-rights

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/about-parliament/en/democracy-and-human-rights/fundamental-rights-in-the-eu

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/about-parliament/en/democracy-and-human-rights/human-rights-outside-the-eu

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/about-parliament/en/democracy-and-human-rights/global-democracy

That said our own Parliament is not democratic either........as a high proportion of the current occupants lied to get elected 8-) .........

But 747 seems to think that if we get enough populists in the EU Parliament we can change all sorts. You seem to be pretty excited about the possibility of Brexit supporting MEPs getting elected. So which is it? We can make a difference or we cant?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-04-17 6:44 PM

But 747 seems to think that if we get enough populists in the EU Parliament we can change all sorts. You seem to be pretty excited about the possibility of Brexit supporting MEPs getting elected. So which is it? We can make a difference or we cant?

It's all about incentive ;-) ...........Make us stay......and we'll make EU pay >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-04-18 8:40 AM

It's all about incentive ;-) ...........Make us stay......and we'll make EU pay >:-) ........

Well that doesnt answer my question. The only way you can make the EU pay as you put it would be by getting any elected pro Brexit MPs to vote for stuff or not vote for stuff simply to cause damage. That will only work if they have power and influence and you have been telling us for years that we have no influence. We do of course but ive always known that. Farage could have had influence as regards fishing but only attended one debate out of 42.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-04-18 5:13 PM

pelmetman - 2019-04-18 8:40 AM

Well that doesnt answer my question. The only way you can make the EU pay as you put it would be by getting any elected pro Brexit MPs to vote for stuff or not vote for stuff simply to cause damage. That will only work if they have power and influence and you have been telling us for years that we have no influence. We do of course but ive always known that. Farage could have had influence as regards fishing but only attended one debate out of 42.

The point is the EU Parliament has been stuffed with EU sycophants for decades *-) ........

So anti EU MEP's like UKIP had no power.......BUT......With the rise of populism across the EU B-) ........

Finally there maybe just enough to cause the EU bureaucrats real difficulties >:-) ........

They could start by hiding the rubber stamp (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

747 - 2019-04-19 7:45 PM

Barry has not replied Dave. That means the penny has dropped (yes, penny, none of your Euro Cents). :D

Ive not replied as I missed Dave quoting me. What both of you are basically admitting is that reform of the EU is indeed possible yet for years all we have heard is that it is not. If that is the case then why are we leaving? If populism is so popular across Europe then surely not only will your views be represented from the UK but also other countries. That right wing nutter in Italy claimed he would reform the EU from within but has no intention of leaving the union. I suggest in the next referendum assuming we get one you vote to remain and fight for your ideas from within. Lets face it the alternative is now Mays crappy vassal state deal that nobody likes and that leaves us tied but with no ability to change from within.

Its you and Dave that the penny needs to drop with. you need to face up to the fact that the only Brexit choice we have left is the worst of both worlds. There is nothing else on the table, just a possibly a slightly softer Brexit still with no place at the table.

At the moment we have remain with a vote or with the May deal remain without one, I believe the country would be better off leaving as we were advised of by the government, vote leave and there'll be, no deals no going back.

Ive not replied as I missed Dave quoting me. What both of you are basically admitting is that reform of the EU is indeed possible yet for years all we have heard is that it is not. If that is the case then why are we leaving? If populism is so popular across Europe then surely not only will your views be represented from the UK but also other countries. That right wing nutter in Italy claimed he would reform the EU from within but has no intention of leaving the union. I suggest in the next referendum assuming we get one you vote to remain and fight for your ideas from within. Lets face it the alternative is now Mays crappy vassal state deal that nobody likes and that leaves us tied but with no ability to change from within.

The way it’s gone...you may well be right. I think things have changed in eu since the vote.

Paul- - 2019-04-20 7:51 AM

At the moment we have remain with a vote or with the May deal remain without one, I believe the country would be better off leaving as we were advised of by the government, vote leave and there'll be, no deals no going back.

None of that was what we were sold though. All the pro Brexit politicians were telling us in 2016 that we would not leave without a deal and that we would get a cracking deal as we hold all the cards! How many of them told us we would get all the same benefits we have now while still being able to leave and carve our own way? Leadsome, Hannon, Redwood, Smug, Johnson, Davies, all of them!

The penny does indeed need to drop as we now know that this is simply not the case. There can be no changes to the deal now. It is what it is and its awful. The one thing Brexiteers and remainers are united on is how awful the outcome is and leaving with no deal is now not really an option. So where does that leave us?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-04-20 8:23 AM

Paul- - 2019-04-20 7:51 AM

None of that was what we were sold though. All the pro Brexit politicians were telling us in 2016 that we would not leave without a deal and that we would get a cracking deal as we hold all the cards! How many of them told us we would get all the same benefits we have now while still being able to leave and carve our own way? Leadsome, Hannon, Redwood, Smug, Johnson, Davies, all of them!

The penny does indeed need to drop as we now know that this is simply not the case. There can be no changes to the deal now. It is what it is and its awful. The one thing Brexiteers and remainers are united on is how awful the outcome is and leaving with no deal is now not really an option. So where does that leave us?

Seeing as the EU is in the Do Do.......I suspect we'd get offered a cracking deal as soon as we left with No Deal >:-) ..........

Archived