The Gorbals Gobbess caught Lying........

Guest pelmetman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John52 - 2021-02-24 8:31 PM

Can't read DM links because they won't accept my ad blocker

so I have to make do with this instead

Don't worry you're not missing much. Except confirmation that the BBC and English press are trying to undermine the SNP like they went after Corbyn. And again it's all based on innuendo rather than facts, I bet Salmond will be offered a place in the Lords if it goes to plan. Although I think the Scottish electorate have seen through the English media.

Do you think you'll be able to help me get me a visotor visa after you get independence? ;-)

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-24 9:42 PM

Don't worry you're not missing much. Except confirmation that the BBC and English press are trying to undermine the SNP like they went after Corbyn. And again it's all based on innuendo rather than facts, I bet Salmond will be offered a place in the Lords if it goes to plan. Although I think the Scottish electorate have seen through the English media.

Do you think you'll be able to help me get me a visitor visa after you get independence? ;-)

I find it quite hilarious how Brexiteers and Torykippers who gleefully crowed about "sovereignty" (which of course we've always had), are mounting an obvious smear campaign angry that Scotland should dare to want their own! :-|

Guest pelmetman

Do you think you'll be able to help me get me a visotor visa after you get independence? ;-)

Corbyn was outed as a terrorist loving Communist >:-) ...........

Sturgeon is using every trick in the book to avoid being held to account for LYING *-) ..........

It'll be interesting to see how blinkered the Jocks are in May ;-) ..........

I'm not convinced.

Salmond admitted in court that he was given to "kissing and cuddling his female staff when drunk". He dismissed the assault charges on the basis that his (much younger) staff had misinterpreted his intentions. He dismissed any charge of criminality on the basis (paraphrasing) that what he had taken place was "not criminal", though he conceded that it was not consensual. He was, he said, "no angel"! A bad case of at least "wandering hands", it seems.

His acquittal was on the narrow basis of his defence counsel successfully arguing in court that the criminal law had not been broken. It seems that was a very fine line indeed, possibly due to differences between Scottish, and English, law.

Had he been tried in an English court, from what I have read of his admissions in court, the verdict might well have been "guilty".

Legalities aside, he clearly crossed a line most would consider unacceptable, not least when crossed by a senior, considerably older man, against 14 younger, relatively junior, staff. He has, at least form, as they say.

Brian Kirby - 2021-02-25 12:41 PM

I'm not convinced.

Salmond admitted in court that he was given to "kissing and cuddling his female staff when drunk". He dismissed the assault charges on the basis that his (much younger) staff had misinterpreted his intentions. He dismissed any charge of criminality on the basis (paraphrasing) that what he had taken place was "not criminal", though he conceded that it was not consensual. He was, he said, "no angel"! A bad case of at least "wandering hands", it seems.

His acquittal was on the narrow basis of his defence counsel successfully arguing in court that the criminal law had not been broken. It seems that was a very fine line indeed, possibly due to differences between Scottish, and English, law.

Had he been tried in an English court, from what I have read of his admissions in court, the verdict might well have been "guilty".

Legalities aside, he clearly crossed a line most would consider unacceptable, not least when crossed by a senior, considerably older man, against 14 younger, relatively junior, staff. He has, at least form, as they say.

I agree totally. I should have been clearer, I meant undermine the current SNP leadership and the case for independence.

pelmetman - 2021-02-26 6:24 PM

It was :D ........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9303879/Alex-Salmond-lashes-Nicola-Sturgeon-astonishing-attacks-him.html

Joke52 is prolly in a Eygptian River......Called >:-) .......

De Nile :D ........

(lol) (lol) (lol) .........

already told you why I can't read Daily Mail Links

If I disable my ad blocker as they request, I get so many adverts the page freezes up when I am out in the van.

"Yesterday the BBC's Scotland Editor Sarah Smith went on the Six O'Clock News and told an absolute barefaced lie about Alex Salmond, claiming that he was demanding Nicola Sturgeon's resignation if it is shown that she broke the ministerial code.

Salmond said absolutely no such thing, meaning the BBC broadcasted an outright lie, and the view that Sturgeon must resign over any breach of the ministerial code was the BBC's own invention.

The BBC enthusiasm for Sturgeon's resignation is so strong that they'll literally make up lies and attribute them to other people!

The journalist responsible for broadcasting such an egregious lie to the nation is not expected to resign over her outright demolition of the journalistic code of ethics.

The searing BBC hypocrisy over what does and doesn't constitute a resigning matter isn't the only double-standard on display here either.

Consider the BBC's attitude to all manner of scandals perpetrated by Boris Johnson and his cabinet of far-right ghouls over the last year or so:

Did the BBC demand Boris Johnson's resignation when he was found to have unlawfully suspended parliament in order to evade scrutiny of his Brexit deal (which turned out to be a bag of turds by the way)?

Nope

Did the BBC demand Priti Patel's resignation when it was proven that she is a vicious and abusive bully who has created an absolutely toxic work environment for her subordinates?

Nope

Did the BBC demand Johnson's resignation when it was proven beyond any doubt that he lied to parliament, and lied to the British people, that there would be no customs and regulatory checks between Northern Ireland and mainland Britain?

Nope

Did the BBC demand Tory Housing Minister Robert Jenrick's resignation when it was found that he unlawfully colluded with a £billionaire property developer to diddle £40 million off one of Britain's most deprived councils?

Nope

Did the BBC call for Boris Johnson's resignation when his deluded and depraved 'Superman of Capitalism' strategy of 'saving the economy' by deliberately allowing coronavirus to spread through the UK population ended up killing over 100,000 people, caused the emergence of a new and more infectious "British strain" of the virus, and spectacularly failed in its own terms by delivering the worst coronavirus downturn of all the major economies?

Nope

Did the BBC call for Matt Hancock's resignation over the £billions in dodgy untendered contracts he handed out to his chums, and the fact that he unlawfully hid the details of this massive corruption scandal too?

Nope

Amazing isn't it?

When it comes to the most corrupt, malicious, and downright deadly Westminster government the UK has suffered in generations, the BBC see no reason to invent "they must resign" type statements, or even to broadcast the legitimate resignation calls, that were actually said, by actual people.

Meanwhile the SNP government in Scotland looks set to absolutely thrash all three Westminster establishment parties combined in the upcoming Scottish Parliament election, and the BBC is so enthusiastic about the (vanishingly tiny) prospect of Nicola Sturgeon resigning that they make up false quotes, attribute them to people who didn't say anything of the sort, and broadcast them on one of the nation's most watched news broadcasts.

If Sarah Smith had any integrity whatever, she'd resign over what she's done.

And if she refuses to go voluntarily, the BBC should sack her as a last-ditch effort to repair their shattered reputation for impartiality.

But of course this won't happen. The BBC will circle the wagons and defend their own, just like they did when they let Laura Kuenssberg get away scot free after she was caught red handed splicing the wrong answers with the wrong questions in order to create a 'fake news' hatchet job to attack Jeremy Corbyn with.

If BBC hacks smash the journalistic code of ethics to bits by creating 'fake news' or making up outright lies in order to attack Westminster outsiders like Sturgeon or Corbyn, they face no consequences whatever.

But if one of them ever even dared suggest a Tory government minister or other approved member of the Westminster establishment club should resign, they'd be hounded out of their jobs faster than you could even say "sexed up dossier" wouldn't they?"

Another Angry Voice

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-27 11:20 AM

"Yesterday the BBC's Scotland Editor Sarah Smith went on the Six O'Clock News and told an absolute barefaced lie about Alex Salmond, claiming that he was demanding Nicola Sturgeon's resignation if it is shown that she broke the ministerial code.

Salmond said absolutely no such thing, meaning the BBC broadcasted an outright lie, and the view that Sturgeon must resign over any breach of the ministerial code was the BBC's own invention.

... and today the BBC have apologised for their mistake.

:-|

malc d - 2021-02-27 12:28 PM

Is that like a Daily Wail apology, buried deep on the inside pages or the TV equivalence, or is it the lead item on tonight's main news?

BBC should be funded by the Tory party instead of expecting us to pay for it.

When did we ever find out about Westminster corruption from the BBC *-)

MPs expense fiddles.. Cummings lockdown jaunts..Crony contracts.. everything I can think of came from elsewhere.

The only corruption I have seen exposed by the BBC has been from the working class - cowboy builders, garage mechanics etc

I am all in favour of outing all the crooks, but why is it only ever working class crooks with the BBC?

Correct on all points. People in Scotland do not trust the media especially BBC News. May election will be interesting. The big question is if Scotland costs England so much in subsidies why are they so desperate to maintain a hold to the extent they have created a new Department?

malc d - 2021-02-27 12:28 PM

Told you. https://twitter.com/Zarkwan/status/1365420447777644545?s=19

Mikey - 2021-02-28 6:11 PM

Correct on all points. People in Scotland do not trust the media especially BBC News. May election will be interesting. The big question is if Scotland costs England so much in subsidies why are they so desperate to maintain a hold to the extent they have created a new Department?

In the Civil Service they call it 'Empire Building'

The bigger the department you are in charge of, the greater your status and pay grade.

BoJo couldn't strut his stuff on the world stage as head of only England.

Losing the other 3 countries would be a humilation for him.

So he keeps hold of us the only way he knows how.

By bribing us to vote for him with long-suffering English taxpayer's money.

Which some of them are too thick to realise.

Like the one on here that keeps calling us the LOSER *-)

pelmetman - 2021-03-01 9:12 AM

Looks like sensible Scots are wising up to the Lying Gorbals Gobbess :D .........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9309653/SNP-NOT-win-new-Scottish-independence-referendum-poll.html

After all if she's prepared to LIE to put a fellow SNP politician in prison, what LIES is she prepared to tell her citizens??? 8-) ..........

So you have convicted her before hearing her evidence

Why am I not surprised *-)

.. even if she did how can a supporter of BoJo condemn any politician for lying?

Archived