The Tories break the law. Again

CurtainRaiser

Barryd999 - 2021-02-19 2:26 PM

What are the consequences?

1) £200k+ of our money spaffed away on legal charges to defend the guilty. If you or I were taken to court for breaking the law we would have to pay our own costs and theirs. Then we would have to pay a penalty on top.

2) Another Government and Media attack on the judiciary.

It is good news but what does it mean?

It means that when the government handed out millions of pounds last year for PPE etc - they were legally obliged to tell us all who was getting the money, and how much. They were obliged by law to let us all know within 30 days of the contract - as reported on Sky news.

There won't be any consequences although they may be pushed into grabbing some of the loot back from people who failed to come up with the goods they were paid for.

It's clear that they had to get the stuff as fast as possible ( that will be their defence ) - but that is not disputed.

What they did ' wrong ' was not publishing details of the contracts afterwards ( maybe it was too embarrassing for them ? )

:-|

pelmetman - 2021-02-19 6:01 PM

I wonder if the Good Liar Project will do something useful like take the EU to court for their botched vaccine roll out? >:-) ..........

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/02/19/the-eus-vaccine-tantrum-could-cost-lives/

The Good Law Project is a UK organisation, currently concerned with UK matters.

The UK is no longer in the EU Dave ( I thought you knew ) - so I doubt if the GLP would get involved.

IF someone in the EU has broken EU law when distributing their vaccine, it's possible someone who lives in the EU may take them to court.

I wonder if the Good Liar Project will do something useful like take the EU to court for their botched vaccine roll out? >:-) ..........

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/02/19/the-eus-vaccine-tantrum-could-cost-lives/

I'm just pleased that through my £10 a month donation they are managing to hold this government to account. AGAIN.

malc d - 2021-02-19 5:22 PM

It means that when the government handed out millions of pounds last year for PPE etc - they were legally obliged to tell us all who was getting the money, and how much. They were obliged by law to let us all know within 30 days of the contract - as reported on Sky news.

There won't be any consequences although they may be pushed into grabbing some of the loot back from people who failed to come up with the goods they were paid for.

It's clear that they had to get the stuff as fast as possible ( that will be their defence ) - but that is not disputed.

What they did ' wrong ' was not publishing details of the contracts afterwards ( maybe it was too embarrassing for them ? )

I understand all that but what I meant was what will happen to those in government who broke the law? Nothing thats what.

Barryd999 - 2021-02-19 6:19 PM

I understand all that but what I meant was what will happen to those in government who broke the law? Nothing thats what.

That's why I said " There won't be any consequences "

;-)

malc d - 2021-02-19 9:29 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-02-19 6:19 PM

That's why I said " There won't be any consequences "

;-)

There should be. Lets not forget Government spent £200k of taxpayers money attempting to defend this particular criminal action. I've never known a more corrupt bunch of crooks in a British government.

There is no end to their criminal activity.

https://tinyurl.com/1ow9o002

malc d - 2021-02-19 6:13 PM

The UK is no longer in the EU Dave ( I thought you knew ) - so I doubt if the GLP would get involved.

IF someone in the EU has broken EU law when distributing their vaccine, it's possible someone who lives in the EU may take them to court.

Skewered him again (lol)

It must be really frustrating for Dave not being able to blame the EU for UK Government failings :-S

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-02-19 6:13 PM

Incorrect ;-) ...........

The Good Liar Project is a bunch of Lefty Lawyers intent on sh1t stirring in a Pandemic *-) .........

It's what NASTY Lefty Lawyers do......As has been evident by Captain Hindsh1tes actions ever since the virus arrived >:-( .........

In fact Lefty Lawyers are proving to be more NASTY than the virus >:-).............

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-19 6:17 PM

I'm just pleased that through my £10 a month donation they are managing to hold this government to account. AGAIN.

Mug *-) ...........

All you have done is cost the taxpayer 200k and line the pockets of some NASTY Lefty Lawyers :-| .......

Matt Hancock broke the law to bung public money to his mates and he still has a job?

I know when I was a barman during my university years I would have been sacked for giving free drinks to my mates. One rule for us.

In a way I wouldn't mind if the bungs they gave to their chums had led to our frontline workers having access to good PPE, but it didn't, it was squandered on newly formed companies based in offshore islands siphoning off millions and buying some cheap and ineffective Chinese crap leading to excess deaths, which I know Dave is very concerned about. Most of it is unfit for use.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/12/18/thousands-shipping-containers-surplus-ppe-moved-railway-station/

Anyway I'm off for a paddle.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-20 10:48 AM

Matt Hancock broke the law to bung public money to his mates and he still has a job?

I know when I was a barman during my university years I would have been sacked for giving free drinks to my mates. One rule for us.

In a way I wouldn't mind if the bungs they gave to their chums had led to our frontline workers having access to good PPE, but it didn't, it was squandered on newly formed companies based in offshore islands siphoning off millions and buying some cheap and ineffective Chinese crap leading to excess deaths, which I know Dave is very concerned about. Most of it is unfit for use.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/12/18/thousands-shipping-containers-surplus-ppe-moved-railway-station/

That would be an unnecessary journey , you can get one on eBay.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-20 10:48 AM

More LEFTY LOSER LIES *-) ............

Mr Hancock has not been found guilty of bunging his mates.........he was just late in publishing the contracts :-| ...........

Which just goes to show how pathetic the LOSER brigade has become >:-) .......

Don't forget your rubber duck ;-) ........

pelmetman - 2021-02-20 10:55 AM

....(waffle & tripe removed)...

Hancock has not been found guilty of bunging his mates.......

...(waffle & tripe removed)..

Nobody said he has

Hancock has been found guilty of not publishing the contracts within the maximum allowed time of 30 days

FFS is that not long enough !!!! how long should it take to upload a document to the web!!!!! I bet Germany does it same day

Why do you think he failed to do that *-)

Archived