The force be with you

michele

Has anyone ever noticed how much weight this forum has ?

people do not like to think that they could be might be bad mouthed .

Everyone likes to think that their reputation proceeds them and that they are nice an honest people to do business with .

Recently I have mentioned the forum twice and other parties whom talking to have fell silent ? Something tells me the reason that they done this is because they are taking it in . Just goes to show you may the force be with you ;-) Carries alot of weight this place also if you say something like ? Oh I read it on the MMM forum people fall silent oh have you has it had a good review ? food for thought ;-)

umhh...

I think it is read by all the dealers and all the stall holders and anyone who has anything to do with camping .. Maybe you are right though they just dont admit to it .. I just noticed in my dealings with people that they go a little quiet not a bad thing but you neve know maybe they deal with you more favourable ? ...What do others think ?

We must have some pull even the Mods and Eagleye's answer now and then :D

Hi,

I think if you could take a head count of all of the web based motorhome forums you would find that there are only about 100 to 150 actual active members who actually write or reply to the threads/posts and perhaps another 100 or so who perhaps regularly read the posts. Its also worth noting that a substantial number of the first 100/150 are members of a number of different forums and actually write and reply on them so in a lot of cases they are being double counted.

While most of these forums/sites show thousands of members i really think that the majority are just passing through, so to speak, and I know on one site they pay for the privilege, but it does appear very very few actually become frequent contributors, also some people join under various different names.

I really think we are a very small group in the overall scheme of motorhome owners, (by group i mean motorhome owners who actively participate in online forums) i think that the organisers/sponsors of these web based forum would like the advertisers to think that 1000's read the posts but i personally don't think that happens,

Having said all of the above I still do mention my memberships of the forums when applying for insurance etc as it does help with discounts sometimes ?

I think, as a comparative 'newboy' to this forum, that is is very good. As you can probably tell from the timings on my postings I spend a lot of time working night shift and find that by reading all of the postings and replying if I feel the need helps pass away the time during the 'wee small hours' when, I guess, most of you good people are fast asleep!

Regards, (and 'Goodnight'), Mike.

Archived