The weather

michele

As us English like to talk about the weather or so it would be told in folk law. Can anyone enlighten me as to when its going to get any better?

I am sitting here in my kitchen nothing doing much house nice and tidy tea all sorted out been to the shops and its bloody horrible out there.

Nothing makes me feel fed up more than the weather I feel like its rained for 40days & 40 nights well it feels like it here anyway!

:-( :-(

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michele

Know how you feel, personally we've been lucky as we live quite high up. There as been real carnage quite near to where we live. Certain roads are still closed, factories ruined, parts of Leeds still under water

Hope Mel B gets away as she lives in East Yorkshire which was also quite badly affected.

Thai

I hope the weather down south clears up soon we are off to cornwall in mid july..seems along way away but only a couple of weeks. Up in Scotland it doesnt know what to do be sunny and warm then next pouring donw and cold..four season in one day!!!

I know it sounds normal for Scotland (lol)

We always get good weather in France mostly have been know to have the odd one or two day downpours still weather is weather where ever you go no one is immune.

Its very sad when you only have one holiday a year or can only afford one a year and you save up all year around just to get all the way to the south and it bloody rains :-( Have been know to wake up in a tent and to start to dig trenches around the tent mud everywhere the campsite awash everyone heading for the tumble dryers and washing machines !

This year as in the past 4 we are lucky that we have the M/H so when the roads on this perticular site flood we are up high !

Oh come on my sun cheer me up feeling real down the sun makes people smile ;-)

Been watching all the floods in Sheffield but for the first time in ages there is no rain at all in Cumbria, well west cumbria anyway, supposed to be going to coniston this weekend so fingers crossed and I hope Michelle gets her wish and the sun returns :-)

Friends and family keep telling me its my fault. Picked up the van two weeks ago and woke up the next morning surrounded by 6 inches of water. It's rained almost continuously at home ever since. The village from which we collected the van featured on the national news two days ago as completely drowned under several feet of water.

One consolation is it's shown up a few of the global warming doomsayers as clowns (but that won't stop them). Remember the sun-parched spring and we were being told to replant our gardens with drought tolerant plants? After night two with the new MH we were in Fen country standing in the Co-op foyer next to a huge rack of drought tolerant plants reduced in price by 75% to get rid of them while, outside, stair-rod rain flooded the car park to several inches!

Remember we were going to bake under a Mediterranean climate here in the South? Yeah right. Of course the same people who said that will now be claiming that extreme rain is a clear sign of global warming. After more than half a century on the planet the only thing I am certain about is that the British climate is always unpredictable and the bulk of the "experts" are opportunists looking for the next research grant to keep them in a cushy academic dream world. I think they have as much chance of being right as the people telling me my puchasing decisions can affect the weather!

Now our next trip is this weekend ........... ooh er, just seen the forecast.

Bob

Anonymous, Franz Joseph, South Island, New Zealand.

It rained and rained and rained, The average fall was well maintained,

And when the tracks were simple bogs, it started raining cats and dogs,

After a drought of half an hour, we had a most refreshing shower,

Then the most curious thing of all, a gentle rain began to fall,

Next day but one was fairly dry, except one deluge from the sky,

Which wetted the party to the skin, and then at last ..................

............................................................................THE RAIN SET IN.

I'm watching a black cloud following a sunny spot following a black cloud which recently threw torrents of rain onto our windows :-S I'm fed up with it now. At least it's warmer than last week as the wind is from the South for a change. Even our pond fish are getting wet ;-)

Ralph - 2007-07-03 2:29 PM

Thai Bry - 2007-06-26 11:48 AM

Hope Mel B gets away as she lives in East Yorkshire which was also quite badly affected

Are you sure? I thought she lived in Humberside >:-(

Ralph,

Your days are numbered 8-) 8-)

Don

Ralph - 2007-07-03 2:29 PM
Thai Bry - 2007-06-26 11:48 AM Hope Mel B gets away as she lives in East Yorkshire which was also quite badly affected
Are you sure? I thought she lived in Humberside >:-(

Ralph

Run for then there hillss!!!!

As Sarge Shultz from Hogan's Heros once said " I know nussink, nussink"!!!!

Thai

Lizzy - 2007-07-03 12:37 PM I'm watching a black cloud following a sunny spot following a black cloud which recently threw torrents of rain onto our windows :-S I'm fed up with it now. At least it's warmer than last week as the wind is from the South for a change. Even our pond fish are getting wet ;-)

Lizzy

Just having some fun you understand!! But from another thread the mods pulled it because it got too near the nuckle. So can you really use the words "Black" cloud in this over PC world that we all now live in, before someone begins to object?? Just a thought.

Thai

I am sick of the rain, it is absolutely throwing it down in Grantham as I type this - record rainfall for June since records began on the news as I drove home from work - we must have broken Julys record too and it's only the 4th!

I am going to stay with Louise and Jimmy at the weekend in Lisburn, Northern Ireland and guess what the weather is forecast to do?

Carol

Well, here in Cornwall, it's not bad, in bewteen the showers, but today quite a bit of sun, but has been very high winds. Not really good for visitors to these parts, and many fields are quite waterlogged, so woudln't want to stay on many of the CLs down here!

Roads are busy, no doubt with holiday-makers looking for somewher to go! We're off out of it tomorrow, and hope the south coast has some good weather for a couple of weeks.

Our daughter who lives in Dartmouth is at her wits end. There are no holidymakers or even tourists to speak of. The shops are empty, as are the holiday cottages so there is no work. Her husband is a builder and can't work as it is too wet, the place is a disaster area. But so are the flooded areas of Yorkshire. The front page of Private Eye has a picture of Brown MP and the caption"In with a bang" More of a wimper I think. Where is the aid for these stricken communities. If he want's to make any sort of impact that is where the efforts must lie

"Where is the aid for these stricken communities."

More to the point where are their contingency plans?

Why oh why does everyone look to the Government for a handout when something goes wrong in their lives? The south coast was by no means the only place hit by these freak weather conditions. Last Monday evening a fire appliance was washed away local to me during an emergency call to help trapped people. The residents are doing their best to get on with it and I haven't heard one complaint of "why isn't Gordon doing something to help us?" up here!

Half of South Yorkshire is still under water, some villages were flooded up to the eaves of two storey houses, a dam was seriously in danger of bursting and completely destroying several villages but the most pressing thing to you is "why isn't the Government helping me and mine?"

D.

I agree with you, and that was why I posted a thread re floods. What a nighmare it has been for everyone where I live Unfortunately the floods in our part of the world are going down the national news agenda and only being reported in the local news.

I really want to keep it alive what people have been going through in Yorkshire, the midlands and the Humber. It has been a nightmare.

JanScots

Never mind Keith T, It will all dry up dreckly, and by the time you get back from your south coast run all the Emmets will have got fed up and gone home. By then I should be able to get down for my yearly duty run to visit relatives.

Archived