Thinking of voting for UKIP or the Brexit Party?

Fast Pat

You may not realise it now, but this is the road you're going down. Stop the far-right momentum. Get out and vote...

Alabama just passed a near-total ban on abortion.

No exceptions for rape or incest.

Doctors could face 99 years in prison for providing abortions.

This is a war on women, and it is time to fight like hell.

Seven states altogether, Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Dakota, Ohio and Georgia ......all Republican so no surprises there then.

The land of "the free" wants to criminalise abortion to the extent of forcing women to have their rape babies, even when incestual. Rees-Mogg would love it there.....he'd fit right in.

US has long been a backward thinking country with manic conservatism and seriously odd views like they are in a time warp.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/may/14/abortion-ban-legislation-alabama-will-it-pass

The National Organization for Women called the bill "unconstitutional" and said its passage would "send women in the state back to the dark days of policymakers having control over their bodies, health, and lives."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/15/alabama-bans-abortion-strictest-legislation-us/

Indeed Alabama's abortion ban is the outcome of the shared mind space between the far right and collapsing mainstream conservatism. It has started here too, and abortion will become the next target of the British right once they achieve hard Brexit.

And lets not forget the DUP and their stance on abortion in NI, it is one corner of our country which has some of the most restrictive abortion laws in the world. We need to decriminalise across the whole of the UK.

Next we'll have

Bring back hanging

Bring back corporal punishment

Bring back the slums

Banning teaching evolution in schools ?

Treating creationism as science not myth ?

Antivax given credence ?

And thus we progress into the dark ages

Fast Pat - 2019-05-15 11:10 AM

You may not realise it now, but this is the road you're going down. Stop the far-right momentum. Get out and vote...

Fantastic post that ... Bowt time we discussed the "war on women" ... I think our stand for womens rights should also include female genital mutilation , the treatment of women in general in certain parts of the world , the stoning to death of women who've been raped , the stoning to death of women who've committed adultery , the treatment of women for not covering up etc etc ... I know you were probably going to mention all those things so sorry for jumping in if I have ... like you say we must "fight like hell" I for one am with you brother

Guest pelmetman

This is a perfect example of why normal folk cant take you Remoaners seriously (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

BTW you forgot the bit where Brexiteers will eat your babies >:-) ........

Birdbrain - 2019-05-15 2:36 PM

Fantastic post that ... Bowt time we discussed the "war on women" ... I think our stand for womens rights should also include female genital mutilation , the treatment of women in general in certain parts of the world , the stoning to death of women who've been raped , the stoning to death of women who've committed adultery , the treatment of women for not covering up etc etc ... I know you were probably going to mention all those things so sorry for jumping in if I have ... like you say we must "fight like hell" I for one am with you brother

Careful you almost broke into a "Lordy" there.

BTW you'll get no argument from me on improving human rights anywhere and for anyone. Apart from racists, they just deserve thumping.

Fast Pat - 2019-05-15 2:43 PM

I thought it was an issue you were taking seriously ... Obviously not , one can only presume your fake concern is some attempt at point scoring ... Hopefully we do have members on here who really do want to "fight like hell" for women ... Shameful

BTW you'll get no argument from me on improving human rights anywhere and for anyone. Apart from racists, they just deserve thumping.

Im not sure that Warners rules accept threats of violence ... Youve already been caught out spreading lies I really wouldnt recommend saying anyone "deserves thumping" ... Violence in my book never solved anything ... Shameful that a forum like this allows talk of violence like that ... Hopefully the moderators will be made aware

Guest pelmetman

Does that include antisemites in the Labour Party? ;-) ...........

pelmetman - 2019-05-15 3:19 PM

This thread topic under discussion is about seven Republican US states planning to ban abortion. Why are you disrupting and derailing it?

Given the member FatPat has great difficulty providing any proof of the racism he says one of our valued members is guilty of I would suggest FastPat might just be going around "thumping" anyone who is racist or not ... Have to say I have only been a member a short while on here and dont fully understand how the forum rules work but it seems OK to for members like FastPat to throw all sorts of accusations around with no proof and now say its OK to thump those he can show no proof of the racism he says they are guilty of ... I cant imagine that sort of behaviour would be acceptable on twitter or Facebook . Regards

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-05-15 4:03 PM

This thread topic under discussion is about seven Republican US states planning to ban abortion. Why are you disrupting and derailing it?

Rubbish *-) ...........It's just more Project Smear ;-) .........

Which judging by the polls is going to be just as successful as Project Fear (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2019-05-15 5:15 PM

Which judging by the polls is going to be just as successful as Project Fear (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Your post makes absolutely no sense at all....in fact it's utter tripe and how you can be so flippant and silly about a serious matter is beneath contempt.

From two respected US news media sources.....try to inform yourself better before posting;

In Alabama, as Joyce Vance White pointed out in a column for The Post, the idea is to deny exceptions for rape or incest precisely so pro-lifers can set up a direct challenge to Roe v. Wade. It may come as a shock to Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), but around the country antiabortion forces figure they’ve got their majority to overturn Roe with Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh and are racing to outdo one another in criminalizing abortion.

The draconian legislation in Alabama (and in states sure to follow its lead), for example, would require a minor who is raped to complete the pregnancy. The no-exceptions abortion ban would also put at risk a doctor who follows his professional obligation to spare a woman grievous physical (but not life-threatening) harm and thereby may face a murder charge. If this cruel invasion of women’s autonomy in the most aggressive fashion imaginable isn’t the personification of the war on women, I don’t know what is. (And, of course, these laws won’t stop women from having abortions; they will revive illegal and unsafe abortions, putting women’s health and lives at risk.)

Until Trump, abortion has actually not been a top issue for most voters (even women) because, frankly, voters saw (whether they liked it or not) the Supreme Court preserving Roe. That has all changed with two Trump appointees.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/05/15/heres-why-women-have-fled-gop/?utm_term=.7f99689650ca

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/us/abortion-laws-states.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/15/us/politics/supreme-court-abortion-alabama.html

Talking of abortions it seems Pakistan has one of the highest abortion rates in the world and the reason it seems its that way is because in many of those cases the women fear giving birth to females , future women of course the very same women who we are all as FastPat says fighting "like hell" for ... Seems like Pakistani males dont want daughters ... https://www.wbur.org/npr/661763318/why-the-abortion-rate-in-pakistan-is-one-of-the-worlds-highest ... This is a great thread FastPat has created

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-05-15 6:56 PM

pelmetman - 2019-05-15 5:15 PM

Your post makes absolutely no sense at all....in fact it's utter tripe and how you can be so flippant and silly about a serious matter is beneath contempt.

The title of this thread is........."Thinking of voting for UKIP or the Brexit Party?".........Its plain to anyone with more brain cells than a average Remoaner it's an attempt to smear Brexiteers *-) ......

Which is not working (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/0/european-elections-polls-latest-brexit-party-forecast-win-majority/

Archived