This months MMM - Dave Newell

flicka

Received mine today.

There's our resident techno guru Dave Newell featured rebuilding his Van.

What a mamoth task, Dave and a very nice job too..

I don't think many people would even contemplate what you have achieved, congratulations.

Guest caraprof
Yes, a good article. He reminded me of the way that I pose for pictures - sucking my tummy in a bit! :-D:-D

caraprof - 2007-07-23 11:49 PM

Yes, a good article. He reminded me of the way that I pose for pictures - sucking my tummy in a bit! :-D:-D

That is the nicest thing you have said this last fortnight about anyone

Thanks Frank but I wasn't "sucking my tummy in a bit" I'm wearing a very tight back support belt for my sciatica, although I have to admit I'd probably need to suck it in without the belt.

Thanks to all for the kind comments, yes it was a big job but as with anything if you break it down into smaller segments its not so daunting. You just have to not look at the whole job for a while (lol) .

D.

Dave

Enjoyed the article, wish I was as practicle. I think a major vote should also go to Mrs N and daughter for all that needlework on the seating and cushions.

Arnold Swazzenneger look out Dave will be back!!!

Looks well though - well done

Thai

Thanks Bry, yes you are quite correct about the upholstery and the vote of thanks, especially to our daughter who did the cab seats, not a job I would want to tackle. Also to our son and daughter for their help with applying the new skin, it was a couple of days of family bonding I suppose :-D

D.

Hi J9,

You could nip round and see Dave in all his glory, in the flesh. He's only about an hour by boat from where you are.

The MMM magazines are being delivered about nowish. I'd wait about a week and if not, nip out and buy one.

Are you anywhere near the Severn? Or are you not quite as far as you were before the rains came.

John.

J9withdogs - 2007-07-24 11:17 AM Does anyone know the timescale of receiving MMM when you subscribe? I received my free gift this week but no covering letter. So do I go out and buy my copy to see Dave in all his glory, or wait for it to drop through my letterbox *-)

Janine

Usually if you are a subscriber you should get it by the thursday before date of publication.

Having seen the pic of Dave posing in this issue, then I must warn all ladies to wait for it to drop through the letter box, as it could be dangerous to your health if you were to go and buy the issue and read it in general public.

All I can say is that I hope warners have printed extra copies just for the ladies out there whose hubbies might have hidden the article from view.

Ha Ha

Thai

John H - 2007-07-24 11:52 AM

Hi J9,

You could nip round and see Dave in all his glory, in the flesh. He's only about an hour by boat from where you are.

The MMM magazines are being delivered about nowish. I'd wait about a week and if not, nip out and buy one.

Are you anywhere near the Severn? Or are you not quite as far as you were before the rains came.

John.

I'm about half a mile as-the-crow flies, but fortunately a few hundred feet higher than the Severn!

I had a look at it this morning, and it is still within the banks - but only just. Life tends to revolve around the height of the river during the winter but I've never known it to be such an issue in the summer.

Lets hope it brings some sightseers, our little town is so quiet since the railway collapsed!

Thai Bry - 2007-07-24 11:56 AM
J9withdogs - 2007-07-24 11:17 AM Does anyone know the timescale of receiving MMM when you subscribe? I received my free gift this week but no covering letter. So do I go out and buy my copy to see Dave in all his glory, or wait for it to drop through my letterbox *-)

Janine

Usually if you are a subscriber you should get it by the thursday before date of publication.

Having seen the pic of Dave posing in this issue, then I must warn all ladies to wait for it to drop through the letter box, as it could be dangerous to your health if you were to go and buy the issue and read it in general public.

All I can say is that I hope warners have printed extra copies just for the ladies out there whose hubbies might have hidden the article from view.

Ha Ha

Thai

Cheeky sod :-) D.

Thai Bry - 2007-07-24 11:56 AM

Janine

Ha Ha

Thai

I can't wait!!! (lol)

Archived