Those Washer Brushes You Hook on a Bucket

enodreven

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can purchase one of those hand held car washing brushes that has a hose you put into a bucket full of washing liquid and as long as you agitate the brush it automatically sucks the washing liquid up from the bucket, you often see them being demonstrated at markets or shows.

I used a friends one while we were on holiday and i was quiet amazed how easy it was to use.

Guest peter
Brambles - 2007-06-22 2:30 PM

Hi,

....and whatever you use the water still runs down your arm and you get soaking wet. :-S

Not if you tape the neck of an old plastic 2Ltr drinks bottle on the handle. :D

You can also towelling wear wrist bands, the type that tennis players wear, that stops the water going down your arm.

As an aside, the wrist bands are also good for when you are washing your hair over a bowl, again stops water running down your arms.

Mel B - 2007-06-22 6:44 PM

You can also towelling wear wrist bands, the type that tennis players wear, that stops the water going down your arm.

If I wore a towelling headband would it stop me head getting drenched when I'm washing the top of the walls with a long handled brush? :-D

Graham

By sheer coincidence, I've just been washing the van down this evening. What a chore! I used a long handled brush but didn't bother to connect it to a hose as it's designed to be. After washing the sides, back and front down (no soggy arms 'cos I held it at an angle) I then washed the top. Doh! All the clean bits, sides, back and front are now dirty again with the water running from the top. A message here maybe. Start at the top and then work down. My dad told me about this when I was a teenager ;-)

Howie - sorry about the muddled words, hubby was calling me for my tea at the time so I was rattling in quickly, hope it didn't tax you too much having to rearrange them to make sense (I could subconsciously have been doing a bit of a Yodaism!).

Vic, Did you not realise you have to turn your Motorhome over, thats why it has those roof rails on top, so it sits on them to keep it clear of the ground to stop it getting scratched. They are not luggage rails but a built in roof stand - thought everyone knew that.

Hope that helps - Jon.

Brambles - 2007-06-22 7:33 PM

Vic, Did you not realise you have to turn your Motorhome over, thats why it has those roof rails on top, so it sits on them to keep it clear of the ground to stop it getting scratched. They are not luggage rails but a built in roof stand - thought everyone knew that.

Hope that helps - Jon.

I knew there was an alternative to using a big scary stepladder :-D

Graham

Thanks for the tip. Her indoors is now outside moving the van. Her mum's coming over to help with the tipping. After all, she used to bump start Jumbos in a previous life. I assume that this won't make any difference to any water I have in my tanks? What the hell, I'll just go for it. Now I know what the rails are for, it's dead easy innit?

Mel B - 2007-06-22 7:32 PM

Howie - sorry about the muddled words, hubby was calling me for my tea at the time so I was rattling in quickly, hope it didn't tax you too much having to rearrange them to make sense (I could subconsciously have been doing a bit of a Yodaism!).

No need to apologise Mel. These things happen all the time and forgotten will soon it be.

Vic - 2007-06-22 8:41 PM Thanks for the tip. Her indoors is now outside moving the van. Her mum's coming over to help with the tipping. After all, she used to bump start Jumbos in a previous life. I assume that this won't make any difference to any water I have in my tanks? What the hell, I'll just go for it. Now I know what the rails are for, it's dead easy innit?

Vic, don't worry about the water in the tanks, because any leaks from the tanks will help rinse the inside of the van as well. But do not forget to make sure that ALL drain plugs are open before tipping your van back onto it's wheels. This will make sure that any surplus water drains away correctly.

Thai

Archived