Tonys Poll

antony1969

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow!! Looks like you were right all along. I think what you should do then is back Nigel and Mr Banks who suggested a second referendum to wipe the floor with the Remoaners and put an end to all this division completely. Just imagine if you produced that kind of result in a referendum. We really would have to sulk off and never say anything ever again then. Go for it!!

Barryd999 - 2018-03-03 4:43 PM

Wow!! Looks like you were right all along. I think what you should do then is back Nigel and Mr Banks who suggested a second referendum to wipe the floor with the Remoaners and put an end to all this division completely. Just imagine if you produced that kind of result in a referendum. We really would have to sulk off and never say anything ever again then. Go for it!!

So I was right all along but you still feel the need for a 2nd referendum ??? ... Barry you couldn't sulk off any further if you tried ... The poll didn't mention a 2nd referendum did it or did I miss something ???

antony1969 - 2018-03-03 5:09 PM

So I was right all along but you still feel the need for a 2nd referendum ??? ... Barry you couldn't sulk off any further if you tried ... The poll didn't mention a 2nd referendum did it or did I miss something ???

No it didnt but based on that result it backs up what Nigel Farage and Arron Banks were saying recently about if there was a second referendum then it would be a whitewash for Leave and they were suggesting we had one to put it to bed forever. So I assumed you might want to support that motion. I think sulking is something small children or high maintenance girls do to be honest. I dont sulk I debate but debating seems to be pointless on here lately

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-03-03 5:45 PM

No it didnt but based on that result it backs up what Nigel Farage and Arron Banks were saying recently about if there was a second referendum then it would be a whitewash for Leave and they were suggesting we had one to put it to bed forever. So I assumed you might want to support that motion. I think sulking is something small children or high maintenance girls do to be honest. I dont sulk I debate but debating seems to be pointless on here lately

Why take the risk ;-) .........We have the majority...........

You forget the Tories recently made that mistake :D .........

pelmetman - 2018-03-03 5:52 PM

How can it be a risk? Look at the poll results!! Bit ironic isnt it saying why take the risk when you voted for a lucky dip future for the UK with no idea of what the actual outcome might be and against every world leaders advice except Trump! I thought you Brexiteers were brave and pioneering! Dont you want to see off the likes of Gina Miller, the Chattering classes and "Snowflakes" forever?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-03-03 6:35 PM

pelmetman - 2018-03-03 5:52 PM

How can it be a risk? Look at the poll results!! Bit ironic isnt it saying why take the risk when you voted for a lucky dip future for the UK with no idea of what the actual outcome might be and against every world leaders advice except Trump! I thought you Brexiteers were brave and pioneering! Dont you want to see off the likes of Gina Miller, the Chattering classes and "Snowflakes" forever?

Coz it's a Tony BLiar poll *-) ..........

The daft smuck is trying to get us to think its a home run........a bit like his war with Iraq >:-) .......

Why would I feel the need to support Farage whose served his purpose or Arron who Banks ??? ... The next time we have a general election we need to run it again just to make sure I presume ??? ... C'mon Barry you've been spinning the same tune since the result ... Maybe just maybe its time for you to finally admit it went against you and the little un-educated types like moi kinda swung it the wrong way for ya ... Man up

Brian Kirby - 2018-03-03 6:37 PM

All you ever wanted to know about Brexit, but didn't dare ask! :-) http://tinyurl.com/ybo59yar

I hadn't found this site before, and it's fascinating! Go on, I dare you. :-D

Oh thats blown it now Brian!! Although to be fair Dave has all but admitted Blairs Poll is rubbish and neither him or Antony want a second referendum because they probably realise its no longer the will of the people and they might lose. :-(

What is interesting about all those polls in the link (And ive been through them all) is that two things seem clear. Brexit was all about immigration and the public dont know which Pollys to trust.

It was all about immigration because in just about every single poll such as will Brexit have a negative impact on the economy, NHS, Fiances, Jobs etc etc. All the polls show a negative response. The only one that shows positive are those on reducing free movement and immigration which also shows as the highest reason for voting out. So people know they are going to be worse off. However its also clear that they do not want to pay for it. Only just over 10% want a no deal hard Brexit and many more are hoping to cherry pick a good deal.

They dont trust the Pollys or seem to know where they stand with each as they have the highest levels of Dont know.

Sad fact is in all this, immigration will not go down much anyway even if people think it will and we wont get a better deal than we have now so its all been for nothing.

Barryd999 - 2018-03-04 12:33 PM

All you ever wanted to know about Brexit, but didn't dare ask! :-) http://tinyurl.com/ybo59yar

Oh thats blown it now Brian!! Although to be fair Dave has all but admitted Blairs Poll is rubbish and neither him or Antony want a second referendum because they probably realise its no longer the will of the people and they might lose. :-(

What is interesting about all those polls in the link (And ive been through them all) is that two things seem clear. Brexit was all about immigration and the public dont know which Pollys to trust.

It was all about immigration because in just about every single poll such as will Brexit have a negative impact on the economy, NHS, Fiances, Jobs etc etc. All the polls show a negative response. The only one that shows positive are those on reducing free movement and immigration which also shows as the highest reason for voting out. So people know they are going to be worse off. However its also clear that they do not want to pay for it. Only just over 10% want a no deal hard Brexit and many more are hoping to cherry pick a good deal.

They dont trust the Pollys or seem to know where they stand with each as they have the highest levels of Dont know.

Sad fact is in all this, immigration will not go down much anyway even if people think it will and we wont get a better deal than we have now so its all been for nothing.

He's been rubbing his ball again ... Too much rubbing makes ya go blind

Some very interesting 'stats' in that Brian. The percentages on this question are pretty chilling with a sizeable gap.

Do you think Britain will be economically better or worse off after we leave the EU?

It was all about immigration....

Barnsley mans debut. *-)

Bulletguy - 2018-03-04 3:41 PM

It was all about immigration....

Barnsley mans debut. *-)

I Dont get it though. Its pretty clear both from the polls and the referendum aftermath that it was all about immigration but the reasons listed as regards immigration whether they were based on any reality or not were stuff like EU workers taking our jobs, overcrowding, lack of housing, stretching the NHS, stretching our schools etc yet as we have seen from so much analysis now we are going to be considerably worse off so all problems that the immigrants supposedly caused (I dont subscribe to any of them) could actually get worse and ironically Immigration wont really change although it already has gone down a bit. Trouble is its gone down in key areas like Care, Agriculture and the NHS.

So the only conclusion I can come to is that some people must really hate foreigners if they are prepared to suffer all this for the sake of Brexit and it wont even work. Chances are we will have to recruit from Asia and Africa. The NHS already are.

Barryd999 - 2018-03-04 4:58 PM......................... Its pretty clear both from the polls and the referendum aftermath that it was all about immigration but the reasons listed as regards immigration whether they were based on any reality or not were stuff like EU workers taking our jobs, overcrowding, lack of housing, stretching the NHS, stretching our schools etc yet as we have seen from so much analysis now we are going to be considerably worse off so all problems that the immigrants supposedly caused (I dont subscribe to any of them) could actually get worse and ironically Immigration wont really change although it already has gone down a bit. Trouble is its gone down in key areas like Care, Agriculture and the NHS........................

The two things that struck me were that the same question, A "Do you think Britain will be economically better or worse off after we leave the EU?" (25 polls from 1 August 2016 - 27 February 2018) and B "Do you agree or disagree that Britain will be economically better off post-Brexit?" (16 polls from 4 November 2016 - 4 February 2018) got contradictory answers, agreeing with the latter, but saying worse off to the former. One invites a judgement, so requires more thought, the other merely suggests on outcome and invites agreement. I think B would probably be classed a leading question.

The other thing was that most seemed to think prices would increase due to Brexit, but that their personal finances, jobs, and career prospects would be largely unaltered. Far be it for me to suggest that people generally did not understand, but those who gave such conflicting answers can't all have been on the right wavelength, can they?

Brian Kirby - 2018-03-05 4:28 PM

Far be it for me to suggest that people generally did not understand, but those who gave such conflicting answers can't all have been on the right wavelength, can they?

They were off on Planet Farage & Johnson......the former of which interestingly now wants a second referendum and the latter so doubtful as to where his allegiances really should be, he'd drafted a pro-Remain article where he said about EU membership, "This is a market on our doorstep, ready for further exploitation by British firms.The membership fee seems rather small for all that access.Why are we so determined to turn our back on it?"

Bulletguy - 2018-03-05 4:50 PM

Far be it for me to suggest that people generally did not understand, but those who gave such conflicting answers can't all have been on the right wavelength, can they?

They were off on Planet Farage & Johnson......the former of which interestingly now wants a second referendum and the latter so doubtful as to where his allegiances really should be, he'd drafted a pro-Remain article where he said about EU membership, "This is a market on our doorstep, ready for further exploitation by British firms.The membership fee seems rather small for all that access.Why are we so determined to turn our back on it?"

I think its fair to say that you cannot trust anything that ever comes out of Boris Johnsons mouth. He did his job, waving pasties about and writing lies on a bus with the odd Churchill type rousing speech.

His nasty piece of work interview is always worth rolling out. Pity more people didnt see it.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2013/mar/24/boris-johnson-accused-nasty-video?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Barryd999 - 2018-03-05 11:50 PM

I think its fair to say that you cannot trust anything that ever comes out of Boris Johnsons mouth. He did his job, waving pasties about and writing lies on a bus with the odd Churchill type rousing speech.

His nasty piece of work interview is always worth rolling out. Pity more people didnt see it.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2013/mar/24/boris-johnson-accused-nasty-video?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Not seen that before......uff and to think May chose such an idiot for Foreign Secretary. The man is an absolute disgrace to politics. :-(

You put a lot of faith in that supposed bus "lie" Barry ... Why can't that red bus "lie" have been a prediction like the predictions Remain made that have been proved to be wrong already ??? ... You really do need to move on from that or is that red bus the basis of your second referendum call ... Your EU as you know it is on the verge of collapse and your still banging on about a ruddy red bus

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2018-03-06 7:00 AM

You put a lot of faith in that supposed bus "lie" Barry ... Why can't that red bus "lie" have been a prediction like the predictions Remain made that have been proved to be wrong already ??? ... You really do need to move on from that or is that red bus the basis of your second referendum call ... Your EU as you know it is on the verge of collapse and your still banging on about a ruddy red bus

The EU missed the Right bus :D ............Coz it got on the Left bus (lol) .........

Judging by the mood in Europe the EU is soon going to be on the last bus to Oblivion >:-) ........

Ding ding tickets please B-) ........

I dunno why your getting excited about a few countries seeing a slight surge in Loony far right parties gaining some ground as if it spells the end of the EU. Look at all of the EU polls for were posted in that link the other day. None of them suggest any of the countries your talking about would vote to leave the EU. However its probably raising an eyebrow or two so all it will probably achieve as far as we are concerned is the EU giving us a worse deal that we would have liked as they will be more concerned now of other countries going the same way in the future. These people gaining ground will not help us but they wont bring down the EU either.

The wave of alt-right neo-fascist euphoria will be short lived and end in tears.

Over the past three days i've viewed a three part series of documentary screened by BBC2 last year about the insane manic rantings of a madman whipping up his sycophantic followers who hung on his every word. The similarities are remarkable of how easily the meek and misguided were led down the path of destruction.

Part 1; http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5sii4w

Part 2; http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5sii4x

Part 3; http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5sm7ni

Bulletguy - 2018-03-06 2:45 PM

The wave of alt-right neo-fascist euphoria will be short lived and end in tears.

Over the past three days i've viewed a three part series of documentary screened by BBC2 last year about the insane manic rantings of a madman whipping up his sycophantic followers who hung on his every word. The similarities are remarkable of how easily the meek and misguided were led down the path of destruction.

Not looked at your links but I'm with ya on this ... Ran a party full of anti-Semites ... Banned the free press ... Those at the top table whipped up.violence even against women ... Like the Brown Shirts he has a violent group under him wearing black and covering their faces while carrying out violent attacks ... We need to be very careful with Corbyn

Bulletguy - 2018-03-06 2:45 PM

I often wondered how a nation could have been so stupid to have followed someone like Hitler and how it could never possibly happen again but I can see now how easy it could. Maybe with the best of intentions on the part of the public. All it takes is something like a really bad economic crash or say a huge migrant crisis and for a few nations to start buckling under the pressure and out of the mist comes someone that offers the masses a magical answer to all their woes. Its whats happened here with Brexit, the US with Trump and with the far Right parties in Europe. They jump on stuff like this like a tramp on chips and people will follow them.

The trouble starts once they gain power and the gloves are off. Then if it turns out you really do have a mad man at the helm its all too late. Im not saying there is anyone working their way up from the far right thats as mad as Hitler but how do you know?

No good will come from any of them gaining power. I guarantee it.

antony1969 - 2018-03-06 7:00 AM....................Why can't that red bus "lie" have been a prediction like the predictions Remain made that have been proved to be wrong already ??? ... .....................

Because the bus lie was not a prediction. It was the result of taking the crude cost of our contribution to the EU, failing to deduct the money we get back from the EU, and dividing it by 52. It was no more than simple (but hopelessly incorrect) arithmetic, and no forecasting was required to arrive at the answer.

The same sum was then allocated to several other good causes by the leave campaign without ever reducing the amount that could be diverted to the NHS. That is why the figure was picked on and challenged from the moments it appeared.

It was either completely incompetent, or completely cynical, since it was a figure that could never be. So who would you sooner have in control, the incompetent, or the cynical? Difficult to know where to place your faith, isn't it? :-)

Archived