Tory MP reprimanded over far right

Bulletguy

Pretty much just a slap on the wrist which shows how the Tories are leaning ever further right. Ugly stuff. Even more odd for a gay man to be fraternising with far-right parties known for their homophobic views.

Conservative MP Daniel Kawczynski has been reprimanded by his party for sharing a platform with some of Europe's leading far-right politicians.

Labour's Andrew Gwynne said that by not suspending Mr Kawczynski, the Conservatives "are condoning his decision to stand shoulder to shoulder with fascists and legitimising the Islamophobia, anti-Semitism and homophobia they promote".

Leading Jewish groups, such as the Board of British Deputies and the Jewish Labour Movement, have also been calling for him to be disciplined.

And fellow Conservative MP Andrew Percy said his colleague's behaviour was "wholly inappropriate", telling the BBC that he had advised him against attending the event.[/i

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51406407

I'm surprised you didn't also mention the SNP Member of the Scottish Parliament who has (allegedly) done something much worse. ie, grooming a 16 year old boy online. Maybe you don't think he has done anything wrong. 8-)

747 - 2020-02-06 10:22 PM

I'm surprised you didn't also mention the SNP Member of the Scottish Parliament who has (allegedly) done something much worse. ie, grooming a 16 year old boy online. Maybe you don't think he has done anything wrong. 8-)

Your pal already opened a thread on that earlier on though i think you knew that anyway but decided to try hijacking this thread instead with your usual snide innuendos. As you've nothing to contribute to this thread topic, i suggest you post on your pals thread as nobody was interested enough to post a comment on it.....not even you.

Birdbrain - 2020-02-07 6:17 AM

More selective hate ... Not nice

I agree it's "not nice" so why would Mr Kawczynski choose to speak at events held by far right political parties known for their extremist views which even one of his own party MP's advised him against attending and said was "wholly inappropriate"? Lega Nord, Vox and Front National have connections with neo-Nazi and neo-fascists so yes, purveyors of hate which is "not nice". Very unwise decision on Mr Kawczynskis part but perhaps he feels his party isn't far right enough.

Archived