Trump's move on Jerusalem

StuartO

So the USA Embassy will move from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, endorsing Israel's wish to make Jerusalem their Capital.

It might be a good move - giving the staus quo in the Middle East a nudge so that the Arabs are forced to face reality.

But politicians, perhaps especially those like Trump, are not above making moves like this one for purely ulterior motives, in this case perhaps distracting the pressures on him about links with Russia, who knows?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a great move and once again shows he's a great President ... Sure well have the wets on saying it will knock back the peace process , but their is no peace process ... Hamas have said many times they want Jews out of Jerusalem and Isreal not to exist ... That's the problem not POTUS Trump

Guest pelmetman

Dunno what those gang members of the Religion of Peace have got to moan about *-) .........

Israel is a sovereign nation so can have their capital city where ever they want within its borders B-) .......

Irrespective of the rights or wrongs (decried in a great many countries/areas) it is interesting to see who, which organisations/nations have come out with talk of violence.......The Arab world as one might expect was first to denounce the act and this shows their mindset I feel:

"Leaders from within the Muslim world and from the wider international community were swift to criticise the move, and some warned of the potential for violence and bloodshed as a result.

Corbyn's old mates Hamas were one of the first to demonstrate their desire for violence:
'The Islamist group Hamas urged Palestinians on Thursday to abandon peace efforts and launch a new uprising against Israel in response to U.S. President Donald Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as its capital'.

Nice people aren't they....so peace loving?  My backside they are. 

Not recognised by the UN as the capital and a move roundly condemned by our government and many others. According to a comment in The Times today the Israeli government had not made this issue a priority in any peace process. I accept the peace process is stalled but where was the reason to engage reverse?

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2017-12-07 2:36 PM

Not recognised by the UN as the capital and a move roundly condemned by our government and many others. According to a comment in The Times today the Israeli government had not made this issue a priority in any peace process. I accept the peace process is stalled but where was the reason to engage reverse?

So when did the UN get to decide where a sovereign country has its capital? :-| ........

As for the "take the p*ss process" why do folk think they can achieve something that hasn't happened in 1400 years? *-) ........

Its them against everyone else, always has been, always will....... Just read the Koran >:-) ........

The peace process that was is much more than 'stalled' Veronica. With a stroke of a pen the lunatic demagogue tore it up. Years of hard work thrown down the pan. The reason? Warmongering......nothing more nothing less.

Bulletguy - 2017-12-07 3:27 PM
Violet1956 - 2017-12-07 2:36 PMNot recognised by the UN as the capital and a move roundly condemned by our government and many others. According to a comment in The Times today the Israeli government had not made this issue a priority in any peace process. I accept the peace process is stalled but where was the reason to engage reverse?
The peace process that was is much more than 'stalled' Veronica. With a stroke of a pen the lunatic demagogue tore it up. Years of hard work thrown down the pan. The reason? Warmongering......nothing more nothing less.

Exactly....just look at the sources where the 'kill kill kill' death and destruction calls are coming from.

In Iraq, a prominent militia backed by Iran, Harakat Hezbollah al-Nujaba, said Trump’s decision could be a “legitimate reason” to attack US forces in the country.

Nice people these Muslims/Islamists aren't they?

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-12-07 3:27 PM

Hahahahahaha.......Warmongering?......Hahahaha (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

So what have Al Qaeda, Hamas, ISIS, Al Shabaab etc been up to??????? 8-) ...........

Inviting folk around for tea parties? (lol) (lol) (lol) ......

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2017-12-07 3:43 PM

Must say its come as a total shock that the Muslim world has reacted in violence and threats to the news ... Totally didn't expect that at all

That's Bullets Religion of Peace for you (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

pelmetman - 2017-12-07 2:56 PM

So when did the UN get to decide where a sovereign country has its capital? :-| ........

If I recall, it was the UN that decided where the whole of Israel could go, so why not its capital?

Brian Kirby - 2017-12-09 5:19 PM

If I recall, it was the UN that decided where the whole of Israel could go, so why not its capital?

Israel violated international law in 1980 by declaring Jerusalem as it's capital and annexing East Jerusalem. Laws don't apply in Trumpworld though whose House of Cards continues to crumble daily....the latest being Flynn caught lying to the FBI who ironically was shouting this when riding the wave of euphoria;

(lol)

Then there's the question of who is going to build the Embassy. The Israeli's? Nope......highly unlikely.

Palestinians? Nope.......definitely not.

Yanks? No way. Now if Trump had been a bit nicer to Mexico he might just have got some labourers from there.....but not now.

Then there is a small but not insignificant question of staff. Any volunteers to sit slap bang in the middle of a war zone?

Nope......thought not. (lol)(lol)

Without joining in with the arguing, it should be pointed out that this was passed by both US houses of state back in 1993 and no previous President has had the balls to sign it off. It was never Trumps idea he carried out the democratic will of the US 'parliament'.

Bas

Basil - 2017-12-09 7:51 PM

Without joining in with the arguing, it should be pointed out that this was passed by both US houses of state back in 1993 and no previous President has had the balls to sign it off. It was never Trumps idea he carried out the democratic will of the US 'parliament'.

Passed it in 1995 actually and six years prior, Israel leased a plot of land to the US at one dollar a year for 99 years. The land was for a new Embassy but the reason it's never been built on and still remains undeveloped is national security....and the host country is responsible for outer perimeter security of every Embassy in it's country.

Interesting comment on the peace process........it is regarding who lobbed rockets at who.........why it was those terrorist barstewards Hamas.  More interesting is everyone and his dog seems to be getting on the bash Trump bandwagon but there's a deafening silence from certain quarters over the Arab world has been running off at the mouth about instigating violence and aggression and now actually lobbing rockets.  

Serious question all you 'defenders' and Trump bashers.........where is your justification for the Arab words and Hamas action?

RogerC - 2017-12-09 9:12 PM

Interesting comment on the peace process........it is regarding who lobbed rockets at who.........why it was those terrorist barstewards Hamas. More interesting is everyone and his dog seems to be getting on the bash Trump bandwagon but there's a deafening silence from certain quarters over the Arab world has been running off at the mouth about instigating violence and aggression and now actually lobbing rockets.

Serious question all you 'defenders' and Trump bashers.........where is your justification for the Arab words and Hamas action?

Just to bring some kind of balance into this it's perhaps useful to look at who has what. Published eight years ago admittedly so the figure compliments will be larger now, but it does give some idea of how the scales pan out.

https://imeu.org/article/comparison-of-millitary-strength-of-israel-and-the-palestinians

What's your view of Israels continued illegal occupation of Palestinian land and violation of international law? Or is that ok?

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2017/06/israels-occupation-50-years-of-palestinian-oppression/

There is no justification for indiscriminate firing of rockets from Hamas, just as there is no justification for illegal occupation of Palestinian land and violation of international laws by Israel. I'm afraid neither are imo virtuous examples of peace loving law abiding countries but the vast military might of a dominant Israel armed with nuclear weapons against a country armed with a few rockets and catapults cannot be ignored.

For a while both countries had remained relatively calm.....so shame on Trump for provocatively poking a hornets nest. No doubt annoyed his pathetically childish baiting of DPRK got no reaction other than making himself look increasingly foolish to the eyes of the world.

Guest pelmetman

So its not a sovereign nation then? ;-) ........

......and in theory the UN could move our capital to? :-| .......

I vote for Skeggy to be the UK's new capital city B-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-12-09 11:28 PM

For a while both countries had remained relatively calm......

What you call relatively calm is what I would call a ongoing war that's just been simmering for a while :-| ........

Its comes with the territory when those nice folk from the Religion of Peace are involved *-) .......

You only have to look at the middle east today, and read about its history to see they're incapable of playing happy families >:-) .......

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2017-12-10 8:54 AM

Excellent post BG. The "firepower" stats are staggering.

Yep .......Just shows how restrained the Israelis are ;-) .........

pelmetman - 2017-12-10 8:59 AM

Have you read any of the materials on line in BGs links Dave or others that describe what is at the root of the conflict between the Palestinians and Israel over Jerusalem?

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2017-12-10 9:17 AM

pelmetman - 2017-12-10 8:59 AM

Have you read any of the materials on line in BGs links Dave or others that describe what is at the root of the conflict between the Palestinians and Israel over Jerusalem?

I know what the problem is ;-) ........Its called religion *-) .......

Archived