UK's deaths from COVID........Are unknown.....

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

If the figures for those who died "with" COVID are not accurate :-| .........

"My dad Ted passed three Covid tests and died of a chronic illness yet he's officially one of Britain's 120,000 victims of the virus and is far from alone... so how many more are there?"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9279767/BEL-MOONEY-dad-died-chronic-illness-hes-officially-Covid-victim.html

I suspect our Boris Bashers wont like that ;-) ..........

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-20 10:50 AM

pelmetman - 2021-02-20 10:48 AM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-20 10:37 AM

You need to change the headline to Wail publishes buls**t, again.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

So you are calling Bel Mooney a Liar? 8-) ..........

How very NASTY Lefty LOSER >:-) .........

Yes. See the link.

Does it show her fathers death certificate? :-| .........

Bulletguy - 2021-02-20 2:28 PM

Torykipper Covid deniers don't accept government stats.

129,498 deaths, the majority of which within 28 days of testing posit is a national disgrace.

You are quite right the individual health of those affected most by Covid would quite possibly be considerably reduced if people took more care of their immune system.

jumpstart - 2021-02-20 2:49 PM

You are quite right the individual health of those affected most by Covid would quite possibly be considerably reduced if people took more care of their immune system.

Do you realise both how uninformed you appear and how offensive such a comment is to those who have either lost someone to Covid or are now suffering from long Covid?

From the links that you post the only thing that is clear is that you don't understand how the immune system and any virus interacts, you take sentences out of context normally from dodgy science sites because you believe it matches your hair brained theory. It doesn't.

Seems to me the best way would be to count excess deaths - the number of deaths minus the average over the same period in previous years.

Then it includes those dying for lack of treatment because they can't get medical treatment due to the hospitals being full with covid.

I wonder why the Downing Street Spin Doctors don't just count excess deaths *-)

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-20 2:57 PM

Do you realise both how uninformed you appear and how offensive such a comment is to those who have either lost someone to Covid or are now suffering from long Covid?

From the links that you post the only thing that is clear is that you don't understand how the immune system and any virus interacts, you take sentences out of context normally from dodgy science sites because you believe it matches your hair brained theory. It doesn't.

Ah says the great informer. You seem to get agitated when people don't agree with you. You're quite amusing really.

jumpstart - 2021-02-20 3:51 PM

Ah says the great informer. You seem to get agitated when people don't agree with you. You're quite amusing really.

Agitated? Must be that irritable bowel that some pain in the ass brings out in me.

And its not a question of not agreeing with me. It is people posting scientific nonsense.

Now pop off and have a bowel of bran.

Guest pelmetman

You've noticed that too? :D ........

I guess he's realised he's up LOSER Creek without a paddle (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

pelmetman - 2021-02-20 4:00 PM

I guess he's realised he's up LOSER Creek without a paddle (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Nope I have a paddle

133036119_3800073223363513_5694084518152167272_n.thumb.jpg.b8b074001bdec28d378a7a740c2c3608.jpg

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-20 4:01 PM

Nope I have a paddle

Both of my boats were much bigger than yours ;-) ..........

Just sayin :D .........

pelmetman - 2021-02-20 4:08 PM

Nope I have a paddle

You had two boats one at a time, I've got a f*!king fleet. And that one would cost you more than your trailer sailor.

And as a RYA examiner I have access to a whole range of big boats - one's that actually leave the towpath.

129,498 deaths, the majority of which within 28 days of testing posit is a national disgrace.

I find your comment insensitive and offensive. My BIL recently lost his younger brother to Covid with no underlying conditions and fit. If a member of your own family is in hospital dying a slow agonising death with no family or friends around them, you can try your preachy stuff with their husband/wife or son/daughter and see where it gets you.

Those 129,498 deaths would have been considerably reduced had government taken early action instead of dithering and boasting about shaking hands with Covid patients. Govt even ignored their own pandemic preparedness strategy by ignoring advice to replace and re-stock PPE levels which they'd been told a full three years earlier, needed replacing with new stock but they chose to ignore. Their inaction and handling of the pandemic has been a catalogue of disasters from day one.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-20 4:12 PM

pelmetman - 2021-02-20 4:08 PM

Nope I have a paddle

You had two boats one at a time, I've got a f*!king fleet. And that one would cost you more than your trailer sailor.

And as a RYA examiner I have access to a whole range of big boats - one's that actually leave the towpath.

PMSL!!!.......Rear Admiral CowPat (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-20 3:56 PM

Agitated? Must be that irritable bowel that some pain in the ass brings out in me.

And its not a question of not agreeing with me. It is people posting scientific nonsense.

As you like obscure reports...here’s another...

From the earliest days of the pandemic, it has been clear that patients with certain chronic diseases are especially endangered by SARS-CoV-2. The JAMA report on 5,700 patients who were hospitalized for COVID-19 in and around New York City found that 94 percent had at least one chronic condition and 88 percent had more than one.

ADVERTISEMENT

In mid-June, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention published an analysis of 287,320 confirmed cases for which accompanying conditions were reported. It showed that the most common ones were cardiovascular disease (in 32 percent of patients), diabetes (30 percent) and chronic lung disease (18 percent). People with COVID-19 who had chronic ailments such as these were six times as likely to be hospitalized and 12 times as likely to die as those who did not have them.

The high-risk conditions share a couple of things. First, most are associated with chronic low-grade inflammation, which compromises immune system function. Although the precise mechanisms by which inflammation does so are unclear, there are several leading suspects. One of them, at least in people who are significantly overweight, is the activity of fat cells, which churn out a variety of inflammatory substances such as interleukin-6. “People with excess fat tissue may have a dysregulated immune response and not be able to counterbalance a severe infection,” says Erin D. Michos, a cardiologist and epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-20 4:44 PM

pelmetman - 2021-02-20 4:21 PM

PMSL!!!.......Rear Admiral CowPat (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

So go on then share the joke?

"I've got a f*!king fleet".........

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

Bulletguy - 2021-02-20 4:19 PM

I find your comment insensitive and offensive. My BIL recently lost his younger brother to Covid with no underlying conditions and fit. If a member of your own family is in hospital dying a slow agonising death with no family or friends around them, you can try your preachy stuff with their husband/wife or son/daughter and see where it gets you.

Those 129,498 deaths would have been considerably reduced had government taken early action instead of dithering and boasting about shaking hands with Covid patients. Govt even ignored their own pandemic preparedness strategy by ignoring advice to replace and re-stock PPE levels which they'd been told a full three years earlier, needed replacing with new stock but they chose to ignore. Their inaction and handling of the pandemic has been a catalogue of disasters from day one.

I’m sure Boris would find your comments insensitive and offensive. Are you bothered?

I quite agree the Government has probably not taken the most effective line through out the Pandemic and considerably less would have died had their immune system not have failed them along with the various preventable conditions many had.

jumpstart - 2021-02-20 4:39 PM

From the earliest days of the pandemic, it has been clear that patients with certain chronic diseases are especially endangered by SARS-CoV-2. The JAMA report on 5,700 patients who were hospitalized for COVID-19 in and around New York City found that 94 percent had at least one chronic condition and 88 percent had more than one.

ADVERTISEMENT

In mid-June, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention published an analysis of 287,320 confirmed cases for which accompanying conditions were reported. It showed that the most common ones were cardiovascular disease (in 32 percent of patients), diabetes (30 percent) and chronic lung disease (18 percent). People with COVID-19 who had chronic ailments such as these were six times as likely to be hospitalized and 12 times as likely to die as those who did not have them.

The high-risk conditions share a couple of things. First, most are associated with chronic low-grade inflammation, which compromises immune system function. Although the precise mechanisms by which inflammation does so are unclear, there are several leading suspects. One of them, at least in people who are significantly overweight, is the activity of fat cells, which churn out a variety of inflammatory substances such as interleukin-6. “People with excess fat tissue may have a dysregulated immune response and not be able to counterbalance a severe infection,” says Erin D. Michos, a cardiologist and epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.

Care to quote the bits from last Augusts Scientific American that you have left out?

Ethnicity, social factors, genetics, blood type, exposure to pollution, underlying conditions, economic, housing, sex,inequality, racism - and that's just in the first paragraph.

Grab yourself a yogurt and read all of it.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-some-people-get-terribly-sick-from-covid-19/

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-20 4:58 PM

ADVERTISEMENT

Care to quote the bits from last Augusts Scientific American that you have left out?

Ethnicity, social factors, genetics, blood type, exposure to pollution, underlying conditions, economic, housing, sex,inequality, racism - and that's just in the first paragraph.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-some-people-get-terribly-sick-from-covid-19/

Thanks for the link ;-) ........

Kinda looking like our excess deaths are not Boris's fault after all :-| .........

But have been self inflicted for generations 8-) ........

I blame Labours Breeding for Benefits program *-) ...........

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-20 4:58 PM

ADVERTISEMENT

There’s lots of factors and immune system is what its all about.

Here’s some more...

Why do some people get very sick from COVID-19 while others do not?

One of the most perplexing aspects of coronavirus is why it strikes people so differently. Why do some people sail through without a symptom, while others — even some who are otherwise healthy and relatively young — get extremely sick or even die? It may have to do with interferons.

New research suggests that up to 14% of people who develop severe COVID-19 have an inadequate interferon response. In some people, this happens because their own antibodies mistakenly attack and neutralize their interferons. Others have a genetic mutation that prevents their body from producing enough of a certain type of interferon.

Interferons are an important component of innate immunity, the quick, nonspecific immune defense the body mounts within minutes of infection to rid the body of invaders. Interferons help protect the body in a number of ways: they signal nearby cells to guard themselves against invasion; they signal infected cells to die; and they activate the adaptive immune system to mount a specific, long-term antibody response. An inadequate interferon response could help explain why some people — especially some young people without underlying conditions — get so much sicker than others their age.

Interferon treatments do exist to treat other illnesses. And interferon inhalers were given to healthcare workers in China to help prevent infection. But treatments come with their own risks, and questions about dose, timing, and type of interferon would need to be resolved before interferon therapy could be safely used for COVID-19.

Another important reason for differences in severity of COVID-19 illness is also related to the immune system. If the immune system doesn't turn off once the virus is controlled, it can go into overdrive. The result: an intense and widespread inflammatory response damaging tissues throughout the body. This is often referred to as cytokine storm.

I’ll post other bits when I’ve finished my yogurt.

Archived