Unfriendly Motor homers

michele

When in France last holidays last half term we were in St jean De Monts

we were on our way to the Market.

As we have been there on and off over the years we know it pretty well we proceeded to the car park in the town square.

Whilst just making the turning approaching the parking area we noticed another camper we both smiled at them but it was painfully obvious that they could not findout where to park. we drove past and parked up minding our own business. We then realised that they were watching us and had now figured out to follow us we had answered their problems.

They parked a few places away from us we got out to go shopping and we had to pass their camper on the way towards it the lady had her door open she slammed it shut she must of thought that we were approaching her ! Funny people no smile no nothing ! so much for waveing at them .

Nowt so funny as folk

Did you try the aire ait St Jean de Monts?

Not a bad one with forest walks etc. Easy distance of the town to avoid parking with unfriendly mororhomers too :-S

Only strange thing is that it's the only aire I know where they make you buy a jeton to empty the loo...

279909814_DSCF1409(WinCE).JPG.55295ee0331370862b63a746bb3c3281.JPG

Well yes you do get them - the ones who go out of their way not to communicate!

We parked up between 2 french mhs at Honfleur - and we drove into the parking spot so as to overlook the water, the bloke next door came out and glared - well it wasn't our fault our doors were opposite one another - if we had reversed in our door would have been opposite the door of the other one! anyhow the other mh moved on a bit later so we put more room between us and 'glarer' - we we only there 23 hours and he only acknowledged our presence once, and that was a curt nod as we left! but only because I called out au revoir as we drove off 8-)

We stayed at St Jean de Monts last September, the borne wasn't working and we moved on the next day. The adventure park was not open, so I went for a walk over that way - and was met by the 'hound of the baskervilles' I heard this loud panting and looked behind me and there was this enormous black slobbering doberman with no attending owner - only 6 feet away - ok I says to myself 'don't make eye contact' I am no crocodile dundee - so beat a slow retreat and picked up a heavy stick - just in case of course! all I had with me was my camera - fine lot of use that would have been (!) Anyhow I lived to take another picture ;-) but whenever I go out for a walk on my own in the wilds I always take something to defend myself with (charles laughed when I got back) hum!

Nice place though - and people there were friendly.

carol

Guest peter
Well, were on holiday in Scotland at the moment and am sending this via a hotspot on the Cardoness Estate in Galloway. What a brilliant C.L, it's off the estate but you get to use all the facilities . Like Hotspot, free Trout fishing (I caught two beauties in about 1.5 Hrs and lost a few more), free parking for private beach. This has to be the C.L to beat them all. Anybody out there been here?. Anyway back on topic, we have waved to loads of M/H'ers and had no response, so sod e'm i'm not doing it anymore. Miserable beggars, it may be crap weather but there's no reason to be so rude.

carolh - 2007-07-06 2:39 PM

all I had with me was my camera - fine lot of use that would have been (!)

For insurance purposes you could have photographed the injuries :-S

Having a dog who is more senile than myself I dread meeeting that sort. It's not made a lot better by owners who don't use leads and call out "he won't hurt you" as he tries to digest your leg.

michele - 2007-07-06 11:58 AM When in France last holidays last half term we were in St jean De Monts we were on our way to the Market. As we have been there on and off over the years we know it pretty well we proceeded to the car park in the town square. Whilst just making the turning approaching the parking area we noticed another camper we both smiled at them but it was painfully obvious that they could not findout where to park. we drove past and parked up minding our own business. We then realised that they were watching us and had now figured out to follow us we had answered their problems. They parked a few places away from us we got out to go shopping and we had to pass their camper on the way towards it the lady had her door open she slammed it shut she must of thought that we were approaching her ! Funny people no smile no nothing ! so much for waveing at them . Nowt so funny as folk

What you didn't know, was that they'd just had a huge argument over whether they could park there or not.  She said yes, he said no.  Then you turned up, turned in, parked, and he lost face and just had to follow you in.  He was still sulking when you got out, and she was just about to give him a good telling off for having been so disagreeable.  She was still angry about some of the things he'd called her.  In her anger she slammed the door shut so that no one else could hear them rowing, and she wouldn't be embarrased. 

So, it was nothing directly to do with you, and you can now stop worrying about it!

Er, why do girls always take everything so personally?  :-)

Brian Kirby - 2007-07-06 5:59 PM
michele - 2007-07-06 11:58 AM When in France last holidays last half term we were in St jean De Monts we were on our way to the Market. As we have been there on and off over the years we know it pretty well we proceeded to the car park in the town square. Whilst just making the turning approaching the parking area we noticed another camper we both smiled at them but it was painfully obvious that they could not findout where to park. we drove past and parked up minding our own business. We then realised that they were watching us and had now figured out to follow us we had answered their problems. They parked a few places away from us we got out to go shopping and we had to pass their camper on the way towards it the lady had her door open she slammed it shut she must of thought that we were approaching her ! Funny people no smile no nothing ! so much for waveing at them . Nowt so funny as folk

What you didn't know, was that they'd just had a huge argument over whether they could park there or not. She said yes, he said no. Then you turned up, turned in, parked, and he lost face and just had to follow you in. He was still sulking when you got out, and she was just about to give him a good telling off for having been so disagreeable. She was still angry about some of the things he'd called her. In her anger she slammed the door shut so that no one else could hear them rowing, and she wouldn't be embarrased.

So, it was nothing directly to do with you, and you can now stop worrying about it!

Er, why do girls always take everything so personally? :-)

Sounds like you speak from personal experience there Brian, it wasn't you who was so rude to our Michele was it ?D.

Ralp,

never looked for the Aire to be honest we stay on a site called La peri prenueau. Beautiful site lots of different tree's shrubs flowers peacful quite big pitches nicely sectioned off from others for privacey ..

Nice site not sure of the placements around 300..

Archived