Unilever (Br)Exits UK

Bulletguy

Unilever are shifting it's HQ out of London and relocating to Netherlands after almost a century in UK. CEO Paul Polman says "it has nothing to do with Brexit"......but prior to the referendum he said, "if UK were to exit the EU then we have to look seriously as to how we accommodate that to running our businesses.....we have benefited enormously from the European market and were that to disappear, it will have serious consequences".

https://www.channel4.com/news/unilever-is-unileaving-as-company-moves-headquarters-to-rotterdam

I love visisitng the Lever Museums at Port Sunlight, and walking up Rivington Pike. I've made a few bob on their shares. Lever is a Great British company to work for too. Just what Britain needs.

But they have to put the business first and they need a free market :-(

Bulletguy - 2018-03-16 9:32 PM

CEO Paul Polman says "it has nothing to do with Brexit"......but prior to the referendum he said, "if UK were to exit the EU then we have to look seriously as to how we accommodate that to running our businesses.....we have benefited enormously from the European market and were that to disappear, it will have serious consequences"

I think he is just saying its nothing to do with Brexit because he would like to support Britain.

John52 - 2018-03-17 2:53 AM

CEO Paul Polman says "it has nothing to do with Brexit"......but prior to the referendum he said, "if UK were to exit the EU then we have to look seriously as to how we accommodate that to running our businesses.....we have benefited enormously from the European market and were that to disappear, it will have serious consequences"

I think he is just saying its nothing to do with Brexit because he would like to support Britain.

and sell soap powder to both leavers and remainers ;-)

Guest pelmetman

According to the BBC there maybe a flood of at least 10 jobs being relocated 8-) ............

Although Unilever have said ;-)..........

"The company employs 7,300 people in the UK and 3,100 in the Netherlands. No jobs will be lost by the move."

So just another Non story from the from Desperate Remoaners & Co (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

It makes good business sense to me for the Anglo Dutch conglomerate that is Unilever to relocate it's corporate HQ where it's major markets are but I am not surprised that the anti Brexiteers would jump on any excuse to have another whinge. No doubt there will be others who follow and who can blame them for maximising their perception of opportuniy and tax advantages.

antony1969 - 2018-03-17 9:54 AM

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Non story ZZZZZZZZZZZ Bitter ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Amazing ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

You seem to have missed your vocation as winder up in chief for Uddersfield council - is it because some toe rags have used the chemical fog to hide whilst they nicked all the clocks?

pelmetman - 2018-03-17 7:43 AM

According to the BBC there maybe a flood of at least 10 jobs being relocated 8-) ............

Although Unilever have said ;-)..........

"The company employs 7,300 people in the UK and 3,100 in the Netherlands. No jobs will be lost by the move."

So just another Non story from the from Desperate Remoaners & Co (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Doesn't matter where they pay their tax then *-)

Haven't you managed to associate it with Jeremy Corbyn yet :D

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Non story ZZZZZZZZZZZ Bitter ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Amazing ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

why click on it and read it if you aren't interested?

Were you hoping to blame it on Corbyn too :D

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-03-17 11:07 AM

Maybe they getting out so they cant be nationalised by Comrade Corbyn >:-) .........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-03-17 11:05 AM

Looks like someones dropped a clanger at Unilever then 8-) .........

EU corperation tax rates ranked in order of highest to lowest

1. Malta, 35 per cent

2. Belgium, 33.99 per cent

3. France, 33.3 per cent

4. Italy, 31.4 per cent

5. Germany, 29.72 per cent

6. Luxembourg, 29.22 per cent

7. Greece, 29 per cent

8 / 9 /10. Austria / Netherlands / Spain, 25 per cent

11/12 /13. Denmark / Slovakia / Sweden, 22 per cent

14. Portugal, 21 per cent

15 / 16 / 17 / 18. Britain / Croatia / Estonia / Finland, 20 per cent

19 / 20 / 21. Czech Republic / Hungary / Poland, 19 per cent

22. Slovenia, 17 per cent

23. Romania, 16 per cent

24 / 25. Latvia / Lithuania, 15 per cent

26 / 27. Cyprus / Ireland 12.5 per cent

28. Bulgaria, 10 per cent

(lol) .........

Haven't you managed to associate it with Jeremy Corbyn yet

You can't blame any firm, especially an Anglo Dutch one, for wanting to get their corporate HQ out of the UK whilst they have the chance just in case JC gets any real power and totally screws up the UK economy.

pelmetman - 2018-03-17 11:26 AM

Looks like someones dropped a clanger at Unilever then 8-) .........

EU corperation tax rates ranked in order of highest to lowest

1. Malta, 35 per cent

2. Belgium, 33.99 per cent

3. France, 33.3 per cent

4. Italy, 31.4 per cent

5. Germany, 29.72 per cent

6. Luxembourg, 29.22 per cent

7. Greece, 29 per cent

8 / 9 /10. Austria / Netherlands / Spain, 25 per cent

11/12 /13. Denmark / Slovakia / Sweden, 22 per cent

14. Portugal, 21 per cent

15 / 16 / 17 / 18. Britain / Croatia / Estonia / Finland, 20 per cent

19 / 20 / 21. Czech Republic / Hungary / Poland, 19 per cent

22. Slovenia, 17 per cent

23. Romania, 16 per cent

24 / 25. Latvia / Lithuania, 15 per cent

26 / 27. Cyprus / Ireland 12.5 per cent

28. Bulgaria, 10 per cent

(lol) .........

Obviously think it worth paying more tax to get out of Brexit Britain.

Tracker - 2018-03-17 12:13 PM

You can't blame any firm, especially an Anglo Dutch one, for wanting to get their corporate HQ out of the UK whilst they have the chance just in case JC gets any real power and totally screws up the UK economy.

So you can always blame Corbyn :D Well Done *-)

John52 - 2018-03-17 3:31 AM

Surely every self respecting Brexiter would cease to continue purchasing their products........won't they? ;-)

https://www.unilever.com/brands/

John52 - 2018-03-17 1:20 PM

So you can always blame Corbyn

Absolutely, you take every opportunity to blame the tories or Brexit or the Royal family so why not blame JC especially as his reputation for being unpleasant to anyone except commies, illegal immigrants and scroungers precedes him.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-03-17 1:51 PM

I think he is just saying its nothing to do with Brexit because he would like to support Britain.[/QUOT

Surely every self respecting Brexiter would cease to continue purchasing their products........won't they? ;-)

I was thinking about it ;-) .......until they said Brexit wasn't to blame ;-) .......

Clearly big business is thinking about the 17,410,742 B-) ........

I wonder how many in the EU would vote like me tomorrow eh? >:-) .......

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-03-17 1:20 PM

Tracker - 2018-03-17 12:13 PM

So you can always blame Corbyn :D Well Done *-)

Your forgetting the best retort ;-) ........He's not in power yet 8-) ........

John52 - 2018-03-17 11:07 AM

How do I know if I'm interested in it till I've read it ??? ... Blame what on Corbyn ???

pelmetman - 2018-03-17 3:23 PM

I think he is just saying its nothing to do with Brexit because he would like to support Britain.[/QUOT

I was thinking about it ;-) .......until they said Brexit wasn't to blame ;-) .......

Learn to quote properly......dummy. *-)

And throw that damn crack pipe in the bin.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-03-17 5:54 PM

pelmetman - 2018-03-17 3:23 PM

Learn to quote properly......dummy. *-)

And throw that damn crack pipe in the bin.

"Quote unquote" this is the best Bullet can come back with (lol) .......

Yup since homebase were taken over by an Ausie they now stock cleaning products made in Coventry which out perform any the main producers offer. Try Kilrock on limescale the best I've ever used short of neat acid and I was a plumber for 40 years all their other cleaning products so far are as good so bye bye unilever. They also cost less than 1/2 the price so win win. ;-)

teflon2 - 2018-03-17 8:30 PM

Yup since homebase were taken over by an Ausie they now stock cleaning products made in Coventry which out perform any the main producers offer. Try Kilrock on limescale the best I've ever used short of neat acid and I was a plumber for 40 years all their other cleaning products so far are as good so bye bye unilever. They also cost less than 1/2 the price so win win. ;-)

I never use Homebase since their prices increased and stock limited by comparison to other diy stores.

Lets see....Hellmans? Check, best mayo. Dove? Check, yep like their deodorant and shower gel. Persil? Check....after finding 'fred blog' brands were rubbish i stick with Persil....and it smells nicer. Stork? Check...never needed butter anyway.

The list goes on.....think i'll still buy Unilever. Have you slung all your Unilever stuff out now? (lol)

Bulletguy - 2018-03-17 9:14 PM

I never use Homebase since their prices increased and stock limited by comparison to other diy stores.

I used to think that until a few months ago when the local woodyard ran out of fence panels and posts. I went to Homebase as a last resort and was shocked to find them cheaper 8-)

Dearer on other stuff though so you've got to watch em ;-)

Archived