Up North

Violet1956

Well we just spent some glorious 4 days “up North”. No internet at the CC site at Rosedale Abbey so I was relieved of all the angst and cares that trouble us all on Chatterbox. The OH with his North -South prejudices was charmed by the moors and Scarborough in particular. Biarritz has nothing on Scarborough when the sun is shining. Troubling times these maybe but we feel truly blessed to live in such a wonderful country. :-D

Glad you had a luvly jubbly break Veronica, I did wonder why you had gone quiet, and even if nobody else missed you, I did!!!

Next time you venture that far Norf you need to warn the two gerbils, Antony and Barry they are called, to get busy on their wheel of generation so that you have a wifi signal, poor lazy wee beasties that they are!

Violet1956 - 2018-07-02 7:22 PM

Well we just spent some glorious 4 days “up North”. No internet at the CC site at Rosedale Abbey so I was relieved of all the angst and cares that trouble us all on Chatterbox. The OH with his North -South prejudices was charmed by the moors and Scarborough in particular. Biarritz has nothing on Scarborough when the sun is shining. Troubling times these maybe but we feel truly blessed to live in such a wonderful country. :-D

Blimey!!! Are you sure? (lol)

I take it you never went swimming then.

I didn't think I would enjoy Armed Forces day because I'm not really military minded.

But I did. Lots of interesting stuff to see including WW1 bus and lorry from Scarborough Fair Collection - and they drove there and back. Cool breeze off the sea made the weather perfect . :-D

Excellent Fish & Chips at the Lifeboat Cafe as usual :-D

Only trouble with Scarborough is the Council so Andy Strangeway https://andystrangewayindependent.com/ is my Hero :-D

I see on the plaque at the Town Hall they have erased Peter Jaconelli from the list of Mayors (Close friend of Sir Jimmy Savile OBE KCSG need I say more :-( )

I don't think thats right. Its a list of Mayors not a Roll of Honour.

Henry VIII was worse than Peter Jaconelli but he is still on the list of Kings of England.

Should they erase Peter Jaconelli from the list because he is an embarrasement to the Council?

528214734_scarb30Jun18.thumb.jpg.34bdf0a6839c2fd2a1931cd13df6d781.jpg

John52 - 2018-07-04 9:25 AM

I didn't think I would enjoy Armed Forces day because I'm not really military minded.

But I did. Lots of interesting stuff to see including WW1 bus and lorry from Scarborough Fair Collection - and they drove there and back. Cool breeze off the sea made the weather perfect . :-D

Excellent Fish & Chips at the Lifeboat Cafe as usual :-D

Only trouble with Scarborough is the Council so Andy Strangeway https://andystrangewayindependent.com/ is my Hero :-D

I see on the plaque at the Town Hall they have erased Peter Jaconelli from the list of Mayors (Close friend of Sir Jimmy Savile OBE KCSG need I say more :-( )

I don't think thats right. Its a list of Mayors not a Roll of Honour.

Henry VIII was worse than Peter Jaconelli but he is still on the list of Kings of England.

Should they erase Peter Jaconelli from the list because he is an embarrasement to the Council?

I think this article might shed light on what the plaque at the Town Hall is meant to represent and why his name was removed. Seems like it is viewed as a kind of "Honours List" and he was posthumously divested of these honours.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/honours-of-late-mayor-in-sex-claims-removed-1-6613239

That ww1 truck looks an excellent restoration job and credit to whoever carried it out.

I didn't much care for Scarborough and high tailed it out onto the moors though whenever on the coast i make a point of visiting any RNLI station as i've been a long time supporter. Usually buy some pieces of "stuff"...often things i don't need. Still have an unused magnetic RNLI tax disc holder in sealed pack! (lol)

Guest pelmetman

I wonder how many of today's campers will still be on parade in 90 years time? :D .........

Archived