Vetting new members

Victor Meldrew

With an ever growing membership, do you think the time has come for us to have some form of selection process whereby we would be able to ascertain the suitability of prospective members before allowing them to join?

I’d like to propose that prospective members (I suggest we refer them ‘dirty wannabes‘) complete a simple questionnaire detailing their background i.e. criminal record, class, weight, sexual orientation, drug/alcohol dependency etc. plus they should be able to provide two references, one from another forum and one from a professional body such as the association of hairdressers for female members or the association of managers for male members.

Surely a system such as this would cut down on the amount of nonsense posts that seem to be littering these forums.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
coach2000 - 2007-08-28 5:55 PM

I don't think that would be a good idea. Everyone is entitled to spout a bit of nonsense. It's just the amount that comes from some people and even to them, it may seem logical what they are saying.

Surely it's up to the moderators to control.

Clive.

you are replying seriously *-)

Victor Meldrew - 2007-08-28 4:38 PM

With an ever growing membership, do you think the time has come for us to have some form of selection process whereby we would be able to ascertain the suitability of prospective members before allowing them to join?

I’d like to propose that prospective members (I suggest we refer them ‘dirty wannabes‘) complete a simple questionnaire detailing their background i.e. criminal record, class, weight, sexual orientation, drug/alcohol dependency etc. plus they should be able to provide two references, one from another forum and one from a professional body such as the association of hairdressers for female members or the association of managers for male members.

Surely a system such as this would cut down on the amount of nonsense posts that seem to be littering these forums.

Interesting idea Frank. Tongue in cheek perhaps, but to your way of thinking closer to the truth than you might care to admit.

Discrimination against those of us that fail to match your own impeccable level of intellect and good taste perhaps ?, or just another example of that sneering contempt and total disregard of any offence you may cause that comes so easily to many of your postings.

The heading for this forum is "Chatterbox", and while there have been many serious threads to follow, engage in and enjoy, I see nothing wrong what so ever in enjoying a little bit of "nonsense" with others of a like mind.

Has it ever occured to you that for many of us life itself is enough of a serious business, and that this forum is just a small outlet where we can put all that to one side and simply enjoy ourselves, or is that in itself to much for you to understand.

If serious discussion is what you look for then by all means we all welcome your thoughts and opinions regardless of the subject matter, and even though I find most of your postings to be of a completely negative nature, you do have my utmost support in your right to post them.

Speaking only for myself I would like to think that at least some of my postings have been of interest to other users. Smoking, air con, glasses, technical questions etc., all have expanded my knowledge, and hopefully others.

We all have the right to express ourselves in whatever way we wish, as long as no offence is caused intentionally or otherwise of course, and I would ask you to extend the same courtesy to others.

Not to your liking? then simply pass it by. It really is as easy as that. Unless of course putting others down is what its all about.

Guest caraprof

It's a pity that you haven't been keeping abreast of who is who on these forums Howie or you would know that Victor Meldrew is the former TC101 and is not me. If you're in any doubt ask your friend Michele.

I'll be happy to accept your apology.

How do you make sure that your entrance quetionairs are filled in truthfully and why should anyone be subjected to such humility just to read some of the offensive trash that you post " Mr Perfect".

Yes, do keep up Howie.

I too think this is a wonderful idea. Vetting should also include description & photos of motorhome, to make sure we have no riff-raf who wouldn't be allowed on respectable caravan sites.

Unfortunately this would exclude me (at least until I get my new van), but that of course would be your loss.

Tony

Guest caraprof
Mel B - 2007-08-28 8:40 PM 1) TC01 might be called Frank! 2) Why did Howie think it was you Frank? :D Cut Howie a bit of slack, his little brain cell's been busy on other postings of late and it is probably tired out ... :D

Because if you too had been keeping up Mel you would know that TC101, now posting as Victor Meldrew, is called Tony.

Not been looking for TC01 in particular, better things to do that look at all of the postings on here all of the time especially where idoits like TC01 etc are concerned, so I obviously missed that little gem of info ... where was it out of interest please??

I assume it's not our Tony the Vic by any chance in 'civvies' is it? :D (lol)

Victor Meldrew - 2007-08-28 4:38 PM

I could not agree more Victor, it would certainly have stopped this thread.

John D

caraprof - 2007-08-28 7:34 PM

It's a pity that you haven't been keeping abreast of who is who on these forums Howie or you would know that Victor Meldrew is the former TC101 and is not me. If you're in any doubt ask your friend Michele.

I'll be happy to accept your apology.

And i,m more than happy to offer you my unreserved apologies Frank. The problem is that I still have this suspicion that you, TC and V.M. are all one and the same. The style and content are to much of a coincedence, and as I have no intention of drawing Michele into this, then I accept your given word on the matter and the apology is genuine.

Well your all wrong its me TC!

Now Tc can stand for alot of things and the imagination will take care of that for you all ....but I prefer to be known as Top cat I must admit although I prefer to be known as Top Cat the other springs to mind.

Archived