Well Done England

Birdbrain

Guest pelmetman

We're on a roll B-) ..........

Hopefully Great Britain will soon win its Freedom on the 31st B-).........

Then the UK can celebrate another SUPER its OVER >:-) ........

Yep I agree, it was electrifying. Watched it live. I dont really watch it normally but I come with a cricketing family legacy. Not picked up a bat for decades but I dont remember in all the years I was around that scene ever seeing a finish as exciting as that.

The only negative I will say is I think its a shame how its all gone a bit "USA Baseball". What happened to proper "Whites" and WTF is all the Rock Music etc about? My father who was a Durham County player and a bit of a Cricketing legend would turn in his grave. Well he would if he wasnt scattered all over Feethams cricket pitch in Darlington.

Well done England!

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-07-15 3:42 PM

Yep I agree, it was electrifying. Watched it live. I dont really watch it normally but I come with a cricketing family legacy. Not picked up a bat for decades but I dont remember in all the years I was around that scene ever seeing a finish as exciting as that.

The only negative I will say is I think its a shame how its all gone a bit "USA Baseball". What happened to proper "Whites" and WTF is all the Rock Music etc about? My father who was a Durham County player and a bit of a Cricketing legend would turn in his grave. Well he would if he wasnt scattered all over Feethams cricket pitch in Darlington.

Well done England!

My English teacher played for Essex ;-) ...........

He was lethal with the blackboard rubber 8-) ..........

I played for Darlo 2nds in my late teens you know! The best gig though was playing on the Durham Nomads tour of the Yorkshire coast in 1982 when I was sixteen for a week. I won several awards including the Gold award which was for being the first person to puke out of a hotel bedroom window in Whitby (day 1).

I also umpired for the Ladies league for a few years. >:-)

Archived