What has the EU done to me that I really dislike.

Brian Kirby

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a lot!

The benefits have outweighed the cost for most of the time.

I have severe reservations about the layers of beaurocracy in addition to our own layers, plus the stupidity of the Brussels / Strabourg fiasco, plus all the lovely pensions and travel and other benefits the needless layers create for themselves.

By and large the development of other countries like Spain and Ireland has been good for everyone but come the advent of the ex Eastern block en mass I am not so sure.

I ofen wonder how much is lost through corruption and inadequate protection and investigation?

It is the future that bothers me and the possibility / probability of greater integration and dilution of national cultures, traditions and way of life as we all become Europeans first and British last.

I see no need to dilute nationality to create free trade and exchanges but benefits should be limited to those which the claimant and their families would have been entitled to in their home country - including health and education. Full access to UK benefits should only be granted once UK tax and NI have been contibuted to for a sensible period.

On balance it has been good but personally I doubt the future will be as rosy.

I object to(part) of my money being used to fund switching parliament to Strasbourg every month.

I object to the EU ordering Italy to change its budget as it will be over 3% GDP but allow France to keep their budget unchanged even though it will also be above 3%.

I object to the ridiculous EU agricultrial policy.

I object to EU not enforcing money laundering rules with Malta.

I object to a EU(Federal) army...look what happened when certain American states wanted to leave their club.

I could go on and on...unemployment...foreign policy...it doesn’t work.

I want a common market. That’s it.

jumpstart - 2019-02-26 5:38 PM

I object to(part) of my money being used to fund switching parliament to Strasbourg every month.

I object to the EU ordering Italy to change its budget as it will be over 3% GDP but allow France to keep their budget unchanged even though it will also be above 3%.

I object to the ridiculous EU agricultrial policy.

I object to EU not enforcing money laundering rules with Malta.

I object to a EU(Federal) army...look what happened when certain American states wanted to leave their club.

I could go on and on...unemployment...foreign policy...it doesn’t work.

I want a common market. That’s it.

But with whom would you have that common market - which countries? Do you think a common market could be made to work without any administration costs, or rules to ensure fairness on the part of the members?

Obviously there has to be administrators,but I don’t want a Federal Europe, can you imagine them all trying to get agreement to a urgent global problem. It would take forever for agre3ment. They already want to have majority voting so objections from one country would be bypassed. My ancestors are French so I not some Brit hating those lot.I love going to France just hate the Eu polices.

jumpstart - 2019-02-26 7:06 PM

Obviously there has to be administrators,but I don’t want a Federal Europe, can you imagine them all trying to get agreement to a urgent global problem. It would take forever for agre3ment. They already want to have majority voting so objections from one country would be bypassed. My ancestors are French so I not some Brit hating those lot.I love going to France just hate the Eu polices.

Hates a strong word. Which policies exactly?

Oh, I don’t think hate was that strong a word, I hate all sorts of things like most people. Coming to your question, Common agriculturall policy, Immigration policy, both ridiculous,and most of what I mentioned before. I’m not actually against movement of people , and there are many good parts to the EU. I originally voted for a common market, we went off in a different direction.

Brian Kirby - 2019-02-26 2:45 PM

An invitation to Brexiters to say what it is that the EU has actually done over the past 45 years, that they fundamentally disagree with.

Common Agricultural Policy which paid out millions to wealthy landowners based simply on the size of their estates.

Paying child benefit, at U.K. rates, for children who don't live in the U.K.- and where wages and costs are considerably lower.

I understand that some changes have been made to these " policies " - but the fact that someone thought they were a good idea in the first place shows how the EU does not respect the interests of taxpayers.

Mind you, I still voted remain, as , once we have left , our own politicians are likely to adopt the same attitude -

i.e. no changes are likely.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-02-27 9:45 AM

Mind you, I still voted remain, as , once we have left , our own politicians are likely to adopt the same attitude -

;-)

Not much IS likely to change if folk keep voting for the status quo *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 9:55 AM

;-)

Not much IS likely to change if folk keep voting for the status quo *-) ..........

The only changes in the U.K. after Brexit will be a new set of gravy trains.

Brexiteers will only ensure that they are our own gravy trains.

:-|

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-02-27 10:08 AM

;-)

But they'll be UK gravy trains for UK folk meaning the money will stay in the......UK B-) .......

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 10:12 AM

;-)

But they'll be UK gravy trains for UK folk meaning the money will stay in the......UK B-) .......

No it wont, the only benefactors of a low tax haven low regulation UK will be the likes of Smuggy, his offshore and emerging market investors and giant domiciled media moguls. If there is any money to be made from Brexit us plebs wont see any of it.

There will of course be plenty of work for those who have to take on all the administration that was done by the EU while the real benefactors are kicking it in the Caribbean and not in Skeggy.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-02-27 10:21 AM

;-)

No it wont, .

Oh Yes it will :D ..........

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 10:35 AM

;-)

No it wont, .

Well Dave - I think that the fact that you prefer to be " ripped off " by politicians in the U.K. rather than by officials in the EU makes you a true patriot.

( Although I still don't see why that is a benefit to the majority U.K. citizens ).

(lol)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-27 2:24 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-02-26 5:34 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-26 4:02 PM

It's not me.....It's EU :D .......

So what is it, Dave?

Over 22 hours and still no answer.

Well Pelmet?

It's not me........It's EU & you :D .........

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-02-27 10:48 AM

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 10:35 AM

;-)

No it wont, .

Well Dave - I think that the fact that you prefer to be " ripped off " by politicians in the U.K. rather than by officials in the EU makes you a true patriot.

( Although I still don't see why that is a benefit to the majority U.K. citizens ).

(lol)

At least they're more likely to be spending UK taxpayers money in the UK are they not? ;-) ...........

Where as a EU official will spend UK taxpayers money in the EU >:-) ............

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 2:42 PM

So what is it, Dave?

Well Pelmet?

That's totally nonsensical drivel. Can't you come up with anything more mature and meaningful than "it's not me, it's EU"?

Brian asked, "what has the EU done over the past 45 years that you (as a Brexiteer) fundamentally disagree with, or that disadvantages you in some way?"

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-27 6:27 PM

So what is it, Dave?

Well Pelmet?

That's totally nonsensical drivel. Can't you come up with anything more mature and meaningful than "it's not me, it's EU"?

Brian asked, "what has the EU done over the past 45 years that you (as a Brexiteer) fundamentally disagree with, or that disadvantages you in some way?"

Brian likes to think he is a European ;-) ...........

I like to to think I'm a Brit........It really is that simples :D ......

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 8:52 PM

So what is it, Dave?

Well Pelmet?

So float this one by me again........you actually voted Brexit so you could "think you're British"?

Staggering. *-)

What does it state for nationality in your passport......Martian?

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-27 9:02 PM

So what is it, Dave?

Well Pelmet?

So float this one by me again........you actually voted Brexit so you could "think you're British"?

Staggering. *-)

What does it state for nationality in your passport......Martian?

I suspect on yours it says EU Lickspittle >:-) .........

It probably is, Dave.

OTOH, I tend to see myself as both British and European - so not at all simples, and much more interesting! :-D

It requires much more confidence in the ability of the UK to influence events than Brexiters demonstrate - albeit that confidence is suffering in the face of Brexiter myopia and our lack-lustre government. *-)

Archived