What have I bought???

Mel B

Although quite large, there are a few bits

and in our home they will quite comfortably sit

With straight bits and curved bits, some hard and some soft

They're partially stuffed with comfy type 'loft'

With little levers we'll get them just right

So when we're relaxing we'll have a nice comfy night!

They nothing naughty but they'll help us de-stress!!!

So what have we bought then? Go on ... have a guess!

Mel B - 2013-02-04 9:01 PM

Although quite large, there are a few bits

and in our home they will quite comfortably sit

With straight bits and curved bits, some hard and some soft

They're partially stuffed with comfy type 'loft'

With little levers we'll get them just right

So when we're relaxing we'll have a nice comfy night!

They nothing naughty but they'll help us de-stress!!!

So what have we bought then? Go on ... have a guess!

Posh reclining chairs.

;-)

I knew I made that TOOOOOOOOO easy, actually it's two 3-seater reclining sofas:

http://www.harveysfurniture.co.uk/products/living-room/collections/bel-air/bel-air-express-3-seater-sofa-with-2-manual-recliner-actions.aspx

We saw them on offer on Boxing Day but weren't sure whether to go for a corner suite or not so decide to wait until we were sure - we've decided that although a corner suite looks nice, it would mean there'd be nowhere for me to put my lamp, glasses etc and, most importantly, my cup of tea! At present between our 2 sofas (which are set at a right angles) I have a table/trolley in the 'corner' part.

Anyway, I just happend to have a glance at the Harvey's website last night and noticed that these sofas are on offer again just for today - £299 for a 3 seater with manual recliners! Although we currently have a 2 and a 3 seater sofa as the cost of a 3 seater sofa is only £10 more (£299) than a 2 seater (£289) so I've actually ordered 2 x 3 seater ones as they are in modular sections which means we should be able to set them up as a 2 and a 4 seater in our lounge (it's big enough) ... lots of sprawling space for us and the dogs!

Whilst they are a very, very good price for what they are, they are not cheap in quality and the material is very tough - we tried to mimic our dogs scratching at it (on the samples of course!) and couldn't make a single mark, and the ones in the shop have been there for over a year and have had lots of 'bottoms' on them, kids crawling all over etc, with no marks at all!

I've gone for the lighter colour but it isn't as 'caramac' coloured as it looks in the web pictures fortunately and should go well with our Danish teak furniture. We've paid £85 for 3 year insurance cover which includes all faults, damage etc, even pet damage - there's no call-out charge either. We don't normally bother but as the sofas are lighter in colour than what we'd normally have if they do get marked at least they will get sorted out, and as we're getting 2 years interest free credit (up to 4 years but with a minimum monthly payment of £30 hence 2 years credit max), they're not gonna cost the earth anyway.

I can't wait to be able to sprawl out and relax ... it'll be nice to have some 'new' furniture for a change!!! :D

Oh Spendthrifts been at it again (lol) that looks good Mel, you do need leather when you have dogs !! our suite is 10 year old now and not a mark on it.

I wouldn't let O.H get a chair with the recline bit on as I knew I would get annoyed at him sitting with his feet up while I vacuum around him >:-) I wish Id got two now though (lol)

maggyd - 2013-02-06 3:21 PM

you do need leather when you have dogs !! our suite is 10 year old now and not a mark on it.

Faux suede is not leather. It is a man made fabric that is very tough and hard wearing. It has advantages over leather in that it is more breathable and the cows prefer that furniture is made out of this stuff.

A good choice Mel, I approve.

Sorry Maggy, I wouldn't give a 'real' leather sofa house room! My father in law has got one and its blooming freezing so the dogs would NOT approve if we'd got some like that ... they do like their comfort! :D I'm just wondering how long it will before they've worked out how to use the recline mechanism! (lol)

Oh, one advantage of the lighter colour, it means that when Lily is on it we'll be able to see her - something we often can't with our current sofas as she's the same colour. *-)

:-D Thing is Mel !!!!!!!!! its lovely and cool in the Summer ;-) No it wasn't my choice either ! it is supposed to be the same temperature as the room its in (lol)

And at £3.000 + I would have changed it if it hadn't cost so much BUT its 11 years old and has a lifetime guarantee SO IM STUCK WITH IT >:-) damit !!!!

• 1 month later...

Archived